Author Topic: Republicans say attacking Obama personally is too dangerous: Yahoo News exclusiv  (Read 1055 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Republicans on a private Republican National Committee conference call with allies warned Tuesday that party surrogates should refrain from personal attacks against President Barack Obama, because such a strategy is too hazardous for the GOP.

"We're hesitant to jump on board with heavy attacks" personally against President Obama, Nicholas Thompson, the vice president of polling firm the Tarrance Group, said on the call. "There's a lot of people who feel sorry for him."

Recent polling data indicates that while the president suffers from significantly low job approval ratings, voters still give "high approval" to Obama personally, Thompson said.

Voters "don't think he's an evil man who's out to change the United States" for the worse--even though many of the same survey respondents agree that his policies have harmed the country, Thompson said. The upshot, Thompson stressed, is that Republicans should "exercise some caution" when talking about the president personally.

On the call--which Yahoo News was invited to attend because of a mistake by someone on the staff of the Republican National Committee --Ari Fleischer, the former press secretary for George W. Bush, encouraged Republicans to turn around Democratic attacks lobbed at the GOP presidential candidates (Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, for starters) for "flip-flopping."

They're a polling group; who the hell cares what they're "hesitant to jump on board" with!  I'd like to know who else from the RNC was on this call -- the Chairman? -- and whether this is going to be their MO going forward.

I do know when Rush found out about this today, he was fit to be tied, as in (paraphrasing) "Oh?  So, it's okay to hate Bachmann, trash Cain, badmouth Newt, BUT NOT OBAMA??!"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
WTF they didn't poll me Damn-it. ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This doesn't surprise me a bit. It disappoints me beyond words. But it's what I've come to expect. The GOP is not my party. The people who run it don't think like I do, don't behave like I do, and don't have my interests at heart. It really is simply a lesser of two evils, in the strictly literal sense of the word.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

They can't devolve fast enough.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
The GOP is not my party.

This is why I may not vote for them in the next election.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Ruling Class elements in the GOP, especially those insane ones who think what they do matters a damn, are in for one rude and nasty jolt!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

"They" say the Tea Party has lost its punch.
It hasn't lost its punch anymore than we have
changed our minds; They had a life and a job
and they went back to it but their thoughts and
our thoughts are parallel.  As you said, this is
something the PTBs do not comprehend.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hmmmm.  Posted today before the RNC conference call .............

Barack Obama will fight dirty.  The nation needs a candidate who will do the same.  After all, anyone who thinks that one of Herman Cain's accusers, Sharon Bialek, living in the same building as David Axelrod is a coincidence is delusional.  Obama will run the most negative campaign in recent history.  There will be allegations of racism, of corruption, of incompetence.  The Republican nominee needs to understand that in order to beat someone at mud-wrestling, you must get in the mud.

Friedrich Nietzsche wrote in Beyond Good and Evil that "he who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."  No truer words were ever written.

Yet to do battle with Mr. Obama, any candidate will have to become something of a monster, aggressive and unremitting, without pause or embarrassment.  Nothing should be off the table: Obama's associations with Bill Ayers, the former terrorist; his decades-long relationship with the race-baiting Jeremiah Wright, the religious zealot of "God damn America" fame; all the czars and disastrous nominations like Van Jones, an avowed "truther," and Elizabeth Warren, who takes credit for the moral underpinnings of the OWS crowd, and Craig Becker, Obama's recess appointment to the NLRB who is busy pushing through a pogrom of forced unionization and governmental control of industry by regulatory fiat, and Lisa Jackson, who as head of the EPA has made it her life's goal to destroy America's manufacturing, electrical generation, and fossil fuel industries, also through regulation, and the failed and incompetent Eric Holder, with his Fast and Furious program, where the administration sought to bolster support for gun control by deliberately arming Mexican drug cartels, resulting in hundreds of deaths in Mexico and one in America...as well as all the golf, all the vacations, the crony capitalism, the disregard for the Constitution.  On and on it goes, because Barack Obama has provided, in less than three years, plenty of ammunition to do battle against his most dismal presidency.

The Republican candidate cannot take the high road like John McCain and refuse to fight.  Barack Obama will not be constrained; he will use whatever he can against whoever is his opponent, without reservation, including every underhanded trick and lie at his disposal.  The legacy media will not only support him in this, but they will be complicit in his dirty politics.

While conservatism is a set of principles for economic governance, liberalism is a religion for world control.  Like any creed, it must be believed wholeheartedly.  Then, all else loses significance.  The rule of law, moral convention, and civility mean nothing to someone confident that he is on the side of what is right and just.  As long as such people are true to the liberal faith, no law or ethic need apply to their actions.

The Republicans have to understand that mindset and get dirty -- fight with both hands -- for this election will be a battle to the death for the nation, and perhaps the world.

Barack Obama is the ultimate of bullies.  Yet, like most bullies, it is the challenge he fears, the truth he despises.  The ultimate terror for Barack Obama is that the world will see who he really is: a petty man of little talent and few gifts.

The Republican candidate needs to show the world this truth.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/12/beat_back_barack.html#ixzz1fnq8SCgW
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
It seems to me that they (The Establishment) Needs a really GOOD wake-up Call right now.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Of course we know full well that ANY criticism of Stymie will be perceived by the media as a personal attack . Fvck 'em !

RickZ

This whole 'attacking Obama is a losing proposition' argument is one of the reasons why I can support Gingrich, though I would prefer someone more like a Palin, that is to say, a presidential candidate who understands just who Owebama is, and call him out on it.  Owebama has never faced criticism his whole life; 2008 was a nauseating knob-slobbering joke of a media 'vetting' process.  I honestly think Owebama will crack under intense and pointed criticism.  If the only candidate remaining who can take the fight to Owebama is Gingrich, then I'll hold my nose and vote for Gingrich.  There is no way in hell milquetoast Romney will ever go after Owebama with a tenacious and dogged campaign focusing on just who Owebama is, as well as all his failures in office (TARP, Porkulus, Cash For Clunkers, the unemployed, the terrible toll OwebamaCare is already taking on American businesses, the downgrading of America's Triple A rating, inflation, and a whole litany of decisions made by Owebama that now constitute something he never had in the past, a record. 

But from all I'm seeing right about now, the Dems are winning as they are, once again, picking our candidate thanks to an enormous effort on the part of the DNC propaganda arm otherwise known as the Fellatio Media.  No matter what a candidate says, good, bad or indifferent, the media will attempt to destroy them.  They've taken out Bachmann and Cain so far, leaving us Gingrich and Romney as the top two, with Perry and others back in the field.  Another good thing about Gingrich:

Then this about Romney:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The Ruling Class is telling the GOP to "dance monkey, dance!" and the establishment repub's are all too happy to comply.

Face it, the GOP as a whole has been screaming at the top of their lungs for a couple decades "we hate conservatives, so shut up and do as we tell you or you'll be stuck with something far worse than us"!  Implicit in this hatred is the name of the person who damn near destroyed the establishment - Ronald Reagan.  Pinch an establishment Repub hard enough and I guarantee he'll yelp "damned Reagan"!

These bastards need to be brought down, and down they will go, one way or another.

At this point I am beggining not care which way it happens...as long as it happens sooner rather than later.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The Stupid Party: Too Dumb to Live

...Gee, if Obama’s personal-approval numbers are still high, why would you want to take them down? Let them stay there, lest the Democrat-Media Complex accuse you of being a blue meanie.

Remember, GOP: principles, not policies. Principles, not policies. Principles, not policies.

It’s not Obama’s policies that are the problem, it’s Obama and everything he represents and stands for. Engage the president on the deepest, most potent level, or join John McCain and Bob Dole on the ash heap of history.

Really, this party is too dumb to live.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The Stupid Party: Too Dumb to Live

...Gee, if Obama’s personal-approval numbers are still high, why would you want to take them down? Let them stay there, lest the Democrat-Media Complex accuse you of being a blue meanie.

Remember, GOP: principles, not policies. Principles, not policies. Principles, not policies.

It’s not Obama’s policies that are the problem, it’s Obama and everything he represents and stands for. Engage the president on the deepest, most potent level, or join John McCain and Bob Dole on the ash heap of history.

Really, this party is too dumb to live.

It's always been in dire need of a transfusion, especially since Reagan left the stage...you know the establishment types breathed a sigh of relief when he took his last bow...

::outrage::