Author Topic: Justice for Marcus Luttrell and DASY  (Read 1357 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Justice for Marcus Luttrell and DASY
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
A former Navy SEAL left devastated by the brutal slaying of his therapy dog has finally received justice after two men have been found guilty of the murder.

Marcus Luttrell was the only survivor of Operation Redwing, a SEAL operation in Afghanistan that left 19 American troops dead in 2005.

Badly wounded, he returned to be awarded the Navy Cross and the companionship of Labrador Retriever DASY to help with his rehabilitation.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Justice for Marcus Luttrell and DASY
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »
2 years doesn't seem long enough...but we get people who kill people who get not much more.

Anybody with any knowledge of Operation Redwing and know what Marcus went through and the months of therapy he required will appreciate even more the senselessness of these two POS's.

I make a lot of contributions to veteran related org's each year, in fact I just wrote out a bunch of checks, one going to the Navy SEAL Foundation -

http://www.nswfoundation.org/fallenheroes.htm

And here you can find a T-shirt memorializing the fallen heroes of Red Wing -

http://udtsealstore.org/Memorial-US-Navy-SEAL-T-shirt/productinfo/VENG/

RIP DASY

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48:22 PM »
One of the books I have saved on my phone and have lost count how many times I've listened to his story.  Those two don't know how lucky they were Marcus didn't kill them that day. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:32 PM »
One of the books I have saved on my phone and have lost count how many times I've listened to his story.  Those two don't know how lucky they were Marcus didn't kill them that day. 

As I understand it, it was only the stinkin' ROE that kept him from doing so. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
I think the "two" referred to were the dog killers.  I think Pan is answering to Operation Red Wing, when the Afghani shepherd they came across and let go notified the Taliban where the SEALs were, the Shepherd should have been whacked.  All of those boys may still be with us if that had happened, so yes, ROE's were resticted to identifiable combatants, same mistake we made with VC too, you'd think we'd learned that lesson.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
I think the "two" referred to were the dog killers.  I think Pan is answering to Operation Red Wing, when the Afghani shepherd they came across and let go notified the Taliban where the SEALs were, the Shepherd should have been whacked.  All of those boys may still be with us if that had happened, so yes, ROE's were resticted to identifiable combatants, same mistake we made with VC too, you'd think we'd learned that lesson.

Oops.  You're right, Libertas.  And the two dog-killers are lucky as well.