Author Topic: Lara Logan assaulted twice - 2nd time by the media  (Read 3149 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Lara Logan assaulted twice - 2nd time by the media
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
Lara Logan - Assault
Post by charlesoakwood on Feb 16, 2011, 2:30pm

http://theothermccain.com/2011/02/16/paging-jill-filopovic/

Please tell me what I am permitted to say when a gang of Egyptian men celebrates the end of the Mubarak regime by sexually assaulting an American TV news reporter:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/cbs_reporter_cairo_nightmare_pXiUVvhwIDdCrbD95ybD5N

“60 Minutes” correspondent Lara Logan was repeatedly sexually assaulted by thugs yelling, “Jew! Jew!” as she covered the chaotic fall of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo’s main square Friday,

ETA

After Sexual Assault & Beating… CBS Reporter Logan Learns That Political Correctness Is a Killer

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/20....s-the-hard-way/

Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by Pandora on Feb 16, 2011, 3:10pm

Sigh. The comments at both places leave me shaking my head. Nobody's blaming Logan for being raped, but for going where such a thing was likely to happen to her, specifically after the male reporters were accosted and assaulted.

The comments at McCain's place were especially mind-numbing - 'rape happens more often in the US than in Egypt'. Really? REALLY?! Here's that ole PC at work again - refusing to focus on the barbarity in Turd World countries because that would be hatin' on the Brown peepul.

There's no hope for these types until they're the victims of their own information-refusal delivery system. Like Lara Logan.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by charlesoakwood on Feb 16, 2011, 3:27pm

Trolls are everywhere, the better one's are probably well paid.

If it were not for the internet this event would not be known. Appalling.

This lack of respect for Americans abroad reflects the descent of American primacy. This descent exponentially accelerated by hishighnessness.

Our women are raped in Egypt, ambassador officials incarcerated in Pakistan, Merida Initiative officials with councilor plates 1 shot, 1 murdered in Mexico, Iranian warships are steaming to Syria. - Any one of these actions would have initiated a military response before we allowed ourselves to be diminished.

Post by Pandora on Feb 16, 2011, 4:34pm

Here's Dorothy Rabinowitz on a tangentially-related event:

Quote:
In magical thinking, safety and good come to those who obey taboos, and in the multiculturalist world, there is no taboo more powerful than the one that forbids acknowledgment of realities not in keeping with the progressive vision. In the world of the politically correct—which can apparently include places where psychiatrists are taught—magical thinking reigns.
Post by glock32 on Feb 16, 2011, 4:39pm

It's also interesting that they were apparently screaming "Jew! Jew!" while doing this. She's not even Jewish for one thing, and it just highlights how much it's their catch-all bogeyman. We're to believe this is the fertile soil from which a rational democratic state will sprout? Uh-huh.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by johnflorida on Feb 16, 2011, 4:49pm

Feb 16, 2011, 3:10pm, Pandora wrote:
Sigh. The comments at both places leave me shaking my head. Nobody's blaming Logan for being raped, but for going where such a thing was likely to happen to her, specifically after the male reporters were accosted and assaulted.

The comments at McCain's place were especially mind-numbing - 'rape happens more often in the US than in Egypt'. Really? REALLY?! Here's that ole PC at work again - refusing to focus on the barbarity in Turd World countries because that would be hatin' on the Brown peepul.

There's no hope for these types until they're the victims of their own information-refusal delivery system. Like Lara Logan.

I blame her for putting herself out there.I feel bad but not that bad.She made choices.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by predatordon on Feb 16, 2011, 5:02pm

Lets see.....CBS shows up at a 3rd world uprising, where other reporters were accosted and wades into the fray, feeling impervious to the " celebrations"????

They are mugged, separated and she is beaten and raped. I wish it did not happen.....I feel for her and her situation but honestly, when you subject yourself to these sorts of celebrations, bad things can happen. Like I have warned my son in the past...go to enough bars and you end up in a fight.

Honestly, I lay the majority of the blame on CBS and/or 60 minutes. This was a stupid, niave move on thier part. The reporters should have turned the job down.

It would be a difficult interview, but i'd like to hear the rationale behind going into this particular area of "celebration". I do believe it was the elitist attitude shining thru, but I'd like to hear the interview.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by glock32 on Feb 16, 2011, 5:08pm

Surely Code Pink will come out and condemn the endemic misogyny of Arabic/Islamic society that made something like this not only possible, but likely.

/sarcasmRe: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by Pandora on Feb 16, 2011, 5:16pm

Are you crazy? That would be assigning value to certain cultures over others and hatin' on the Brown peepul!

Oh. Sarcasm. My .... I hadda say it anyway.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by libertasinfinitio on Feb 17, 2011, 8:25am

Must be quite the quandary, eh? What is a politically correct multi-culti valuing person supposed to do in such a situation? If you value another persons cultural diversity...will they understand and value your cultures meaning of "no means no"? And watch what you say! They can scream "Jew" while they rape you, that's just justifiable rage against a racist regime, but don't you go hating or use strong language that could be interpreted by them as racist!

::)

Maybe I am callous, but this is a story for the MFM to examine themselves about before I truly start giving a rip!

Post by mnhawk on Feb 17, 2011, 10:39am

Quote:
I blame her for putting herself out there.I feel bad but not that bad.She made choices.

You'd be surprised at the number of people on the right, who would go bats**t crazy over a sentence like that.

Post by predatordon on Feb 17, 2011, 11:22am

Feb 17, 2011, 8:25am, libertasinfinitio wrote:
Must be quite the quandary, eh? What is a politically correct multi-culti valuing person supposed to do in such a situation? If you value another persons cultural diversity...will they understand and value your cultures meaning of "no means no"? And watch what you say! They can scream "Jew" while they rape you, that's just justifiable rage against a racist regime, but don't you go hating or use strong language that could be interpreted by them as racist!

Maybe I am callous, but this is a story for the MFM to examine themselves about before I truly start giving a rip!

It's sad, but I believe her multi cultural values slapped her.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by libertasinfinitio on Feb 17, 2011, 11:30am

Feb 17, 2011, 11:22am, predatordon wrote:

Feb 17, 2011, 8:25am, libertasinfinitio wrote:

It's sad, but I believe her multi cultural values slapped her.

It's worse than that, she took one for all the assshats in the MFM, politics and the electorate that pushes political correctness and mutli-culti perspective down our throats...

All of THEM raped her and looked away afterward like it didn't even happen. And she is merely a willing co-conspirator in the fraud that allowed them to look away...

What do you think their reaction would be if this happened to a conservative woman?

She would be blamed for provoking it!

It is beyond sad, it is sick and twisted, and the left can all choke on it.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by Pandora on Feb 17, 2011, 11:52am

Feb 17, 2011, 10:39am, mnhawk wrote:

Quote:
I blame her for putting herself out there.I feel bad but not that bad.She made choices.

You'd be surprised at the number of people on the right, who would go bats**t crazy over a sentence like that.

I might have been, if I hadn't been checking reactions all over the web.

It's the same old "tone" argument in essence; "don't say that 'cause it makes all us conservatives look bad and gives the other side ammunition".Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by mnhawk on Feb 17, 2011, 12:16pm

I think it's more like, "anything you say that places the smallest amount of blame on a victim is blaming the victim. How dare you!"

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/02/16/liber....onger/#comments

Been there, done that. [image] Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by libertasinfinitio on Feb 17, 2011, 12:19pm

Feb 17, 2011, 12:16pm, mnhawk wrote:
I think it's more like, "anything you say that places the smallest amount of blame on a victim is blaming the victim. How dare you!"

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/02/16/liber....onger/#comments

Been there, done that. [image]

Heh, sure starts out with a bang!

;DRe: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by johnflorida on Feb 17, 2011, 2:32pm

All they have to do is ask themselves"did she have a choice"?The answer is YES.

I'm not saying she diserved it I'm saying she didn't have to be there at that time.She knew she wasn't dealing with Frenchmen.Re: Lara Logan - Assault
Post by libertasinfinitio on Feb 18, 2011, 1:04pm

Did I not state the burdens of this story was on the MFM? Yeah, I did!

And no surprise, they chose to ignore it, so as to avoid any unpleasant questions that may cast their sick and twisted ideology into question!

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/20....a ssault-story/

Fellow journolista got raped and called a Jew, nothing to see here, move along, move along!

[image]

Sick leftist trash!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Lara Logan assaulted twice - 2nd time by the media
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:47 AM »
I'm glad this thread is reconstituted.  Nothing exhibits the twisted agenda and rank hypocrisy of the left more than this story!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:26:11 AM »
This story was literally sent to the black hole, along with Anderson Cooper.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »
Absolutely.  This is one of the things the left does not want talked about because attention will then properly focus on their poor, oppressed, Brown 'slim brethren's barbarous behavior.  Raise a question about whether Logan ought to have been "in harm's way" and they batten on you, both left and right, with accusations of insensitivity and "blaming the victim" while neatly side-stepping the issue of exactly what and who "IN HARM'S WAY" signifies.

They're animals, wanting the "freedom" to rampage according to their rules of non-civilization, just as rogue feral creatures are wont to do, knowledge from which the left will run until the 'wilding' catches them up in it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:39:47 PM »
Funny thing about rogue ferel creatures...

...things tend not to end too well for them.

Just sayin'!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
But according to feminists, white Western men are the misogynists if they hold a door for a woman.

We've now had at least 2 or 3 generations of American (and more broadly, Western) men who have been conditioned since childhood to believe every natural male instinct is bad and must be suppressed. Don't be fooled by the conspicuous presence "guy stuff" on TV, Maxim magazine, etc. These are really just approved outlets for crude, adolescent versions of masculinity that reinforce a "men = childish" narrative.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
Of course, Glock; because women must be able to feeeeel safe no matter where, when or how.

This, of course, rules out being safe, but magical thinking and all that = Lara Logan.