Author Topic: Newt making The Establishment nervous?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Newt making The Establishment nervous?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:23 PM »
I do not know one person that is going to vote for gNewt right now I guess I'll find out on Jan. 3rd.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 06:50:37 PM »

Newt is establishment.  They don't want him because he is a ruffian and will give them angina.
He is as big government as Obama it's simply that it will gNewt's more intelligent big government.

As to his self-destruction one would hope it happens before the new year; best minds are saying
the end of January.

I've not written off the single digit candidates.  Levin favors Santorum or Bachmann, I think.
Others have not written off Perry.  It does seem as though the Ruling Class is realizing that
it will not be Romney and are like totally puckered.

Cain is the only one whose lost a chair.
Looking forward to more bombshells and revelations, the process of elimination isn't over and
gNewt won't be there in the end.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »
gNewt's more intelligent big government.

Oxymoron?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
gNewt's more intelligent big government.

Oxymoron?

Nope, he is more intelligent than Obama which means he will do a better job _ _ _ _ ing us.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

Commentary Magazine

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/12/07/gingrich-radical-change-rjc/

Remember When Gingrich Opposed “Radical Change”?
Alana Goodman | @alanagoodman 12.07.2011 - 3:09 PM

Back in May, Newt Gingrich? received a lot of attention for these comments about Rep. Paul Ryan’s entitlement reform plan (emphasis is mine):

“I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering,” Gingrich said on Meet the Press, when asked about Ryan’s plan. “I don’t think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate.”

“I’m against Obamacare, which is imposing radical change, and I would be against a conservative imposing radical change,” Gingrich continued.

At the time, I wondered where the old Gingrich — the one who supported “radical change” during the ’90s — disappeared to. Fast-forward seven months. Here’s Gingrich speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition this afternoon:

“We are far enough off the right track that we need fundamental change. Are we in favor of American exceptionalism, or are we in favor of Saul Alinsky? radicalism?” Gingrich said. “I don’t feel it is possible to get the scale of change we need just by the president alone.”

Gingrich urged the audience to stand “shoulder to shoulder” with him “to insist on fundamental change.”

Maybe in Gingrich’s mind, “fundamental change” means something vastly different than “radical change.” Maybe something has happened since May that has convinced him drastic change is necessary. Or maybe he’s once again flitted from one conviction to the next, with no real explanation or self-reflection.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 01:21:34 AM »

Link

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s political past is starting to haunt him on the campaign trail, where several of his ex-colleagues are saying his surplus of ideas often left political messes that they had to clean up, and that this harmed the conservative cause he championed.

Reps. Peter T. King of New York and Steven C. LaTourette of Ohio, as well as Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma and former Sen. Jim Talent of Missouri, are among the Republican lawmakers who worked with Mr. Gingrich and now warn that he lacks the leadership skills and discipline needed to be a reliable president.
“You were in a situation where you would get up in the morning, and you would have to check the newspaper, the clippings — that was before the Internet — to see what the speaker had said that day that you were going to have to clean up after in your own district,” Mr. Talent said.

RickZ

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »
The only thing positive I will say about Gingrich is that, of all the presidential candidates, he is the only one I see as likely to attack Owebama on all fronts:  Owebama's economic disaster, OwebamaCare, Owebama's profligate and spendthrift ways with the public monies, his gambling on green companies with public monies, and a whole host of other crap that Owebama has done and which he now owns.  None of the other Republican candidates (to date) inspire any such confidence that they will go after Owebama tooth and nail, least of all Mittens.  I do not want The Candidate to fight a campaign under the Marquis of Queensberry's Rules; Juan McCain did that and we see what that got us.  I want The Candidate to be an ultimate fighter, kicking Owebama right in the crotch as needed; head kicks will only disturb the cobwebs in Owebama's 'profit to earnings ratio' feeble mind.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »

Newt is establishment. 
. . .

Understatement. I think Newt sees himself as the radical fighting within the system. Not enough of a revolutionary for me.

Will I vote for whomever is the nominee? Got to.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 06:52:23 AM »
The only thing positive I will say about Gingrich is that, of all the presidential candidates, he is the only one I see as likely to attack Owebama on all fronts:  Owebama's economic disaster, OwebamaCare, Owebama's profligate and spendthrift ways with the public monies, his gambling on green companies with public monies, and a whole host of other crap that Owebama has done and which he now owns.  None of the other Republican candidates (to date) inspire any such confidence that they will go after Owebama tooth and nail, least of all Mittens.  I do not want The Candidate to fight a campaign under the Marquis of Queensberry's Rules; Juan McCain did that and we see what that got us.  I want The Candidate to be an ultimate fighter, kicking Owebama right in the crotch as needed; head kicks will only disturb the cobwebs in Owebama's 'profit to earnings ratio' feeble mind.

I believe Bachmann and Perry would both fit that Obama crotch-kicking bill without fear or reservation, and perhaps Cain would have as well. One could argue whether they'd smack-down Obama as effectively as Gingrich, but I don't think there's any question - at least with Bachmann and Perry - that they would not fear to tread where the genteel would not go. But barring a miracle, they have been taken off the field through a combination of unforced errors and media malfeasance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:04:38 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »
Our declared candidates are dancing to the Ruling Class tune, as long as they do, the game is rigged and the outcome predetermined.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 07:44:56 AM »
Ok.......guys and girls.......I'm reading ALL the negative stories everyone seems to be posting here on Newt. I'm not saying you shouldn't and I'm certainly not stating newt doesn't deserve the criticism or we should not be leery of everyone of his ideas, but I believe we feeding the rino beast to a point.

I understand both the left ( who btw, hates all our candidates but Romney) and the rino right (who btw, hate any candidate who ever passed legislation with a conservative vent and love romney) will have HUGE issues with newt, because at one point in what reads here as his miserable failures, he has PASSED some conservative ideals.......because "he made a mess of things" and dared to shake the establishment tree and make them all work a little, because most of these asswipes want to sit in their offices, pass my money to their district and inform me what a good job they do.

So yes, I want these miserable rino creatures picking up the GD paper in the morning, wondering what the hell Newt has cooked up today that will hinder their cushy life. If this makes Newt the devils child more than Obama and the rhinos, i guess I'll have to live with it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
gNewt's done and said things over the years I just don't like.  Having said that I'd still take him over Romney, there is still the outside chance he picks a credible VP and assembles a cabinet not filled with yes-men/women.  Now, having said that, the Ruling Class knives are out for gNewt now.  If ABR surfaces they get knocked back, so the plan to stick us with Romney continues unabated...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 08:23:35 AM »
gNewt's done and said things over the years I just don't like.  Having said that I'd still take him over Romney, there is still the outside chance he picks a credible VP and assembles a cabinet not filled with yes-men/women.  Now, having said that, the Ruling Class knives are out for gNewt now.  If ABR surfaces they get knocked back, so the plan to stick us with Romney continues unabated...

Nothing would make me happier than a perry or a bachmann to gain traction. Newt is like a lightening rod that has been struck many times. Did its job, still had some damage but didn't allow the house to burn down. So when you walk out of your house, it is a constant reminder of its necessity, but not to pretty and you wish you didn't need it.

Newt may have baggage, but when it is the whiner rhinos complaining about him, some of them still in congress and the senate, complaining he made their job "difficult", I really don't give a damn.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »
...Newt may have baggage, but when it is the whiner rhinos complaining about him, some of them still in congress and the senate, complaining he made their job "difficult", I really don't give a damn.

I'm with you on that. My problems with Gingrich have nothing to do with reports that his legislative colleagues found him difficult to work with. I find that to be an asset in his favor.

I rarely catch Bill Bennett, but I caught a few minutes this AM, with his guest-host Seth Leibsohn interviewing National Review's Jay Nordlinger. The entire segment I caught was a takedown of Gingrich based on the fact that his "Queensbury" (my word) colleagues found him hard to work with; the suggestion being made that this lack of support from legislators indicates he is a bad leader.

I think it indicates exactly the opposite. If someone is making DC rats uncomfortable, that's someone possessing a leadership qualification for the presidency. So I think Gingrich can lead. I'm just pretty damn sure he's gonna try leading somewhere I don't have any desire to go.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »
It could also be that the ABR train makes a full circuit and comes back around to Bachmann at the right time.  Remember how everyone was already performing the Last Rites for Gingrich's campaign when he made the big "right wing social engineering" gaffe?  And now he is the clear frontrunner?  Things can change quickly.

What is consistent in all this is that the electorate is not content to play Ruling Class paddycake and just accept their ordained candidate. We may still get screwed over once again, but there is a cognizance of it and a resistance to it I don't recall in previous presidential primaries.  As far as ideology and policy positions, Bachmann is still the best of the bunch IMO.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
It could also be that the ABR train makes a full circuit and comes back around to Bachmann at the right time.  Remember how everyone was already performing the Last Rites for Gingrich's campaign when he made the big "right wing social engineering" gaffe?  And now he is the clear frontrunner?  Things can change quickly.

What is consistent in all this is that the electorate is not content to play Ruling Class paddycake and just accept their ordained candidate. We may still get screwed over once again, but there is a cognizance of it and a resistance to it I don't recall in previous presidential primaries.  As far as ideology and policy positions, Bachmann is still the best of the bunch IMO.

Agreed.  When the caucus and primary votes start coming in, that will have more meaning, until then its betting before the gate opens.  If we are to stop the Ruling Class elements in the GOP, it will have to be at the voting booth.  After a 1/3 the way in, we should see how things are looking.  I just hope it looks a hell of a lot better than it does right now.  My insticts say it should, but Romney has so much cash and so much estrablishment help in his corner...

Well, lets see what happens when votes start rolling in...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

Agreed.  When the caucus and primary votes start coming in, that will have more meaning, until then its betting before the gate opens.  If we are to stop the Ruling Class elements in the GOP, it will have to be at the voting booth.  After a 1/3 the way in, we should see how things are looking.  I just hope it looks a hell of a lot better than it does right now.  My insticts say it should, but Romney has so much cash and so much estrablishment help in his corner...

Well, lets see what happens when votes start rolling in...

It's the MSM and the Establishment who want it "over". 
Making convincing the middle 40% that the only possible
candidates are either Mitt and gNewt is their goal and will
be an achievement for the status quo.

It's wide open, it is inevitable gNewt will faux pas.
Bachmann and Perry are working hard to resuscitate themselves
it is a matter of who can take advantage and God willing.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »
...Bachmann and Perry are working hard to resuscitate themselves
it is a matter of who can take advantage and God willing.

I received an email yesterday from the Bachmann campaign (not because I signed up, but because I have donated to her congressional campaigns in the past). The letter detailed the organizational strength of the campaign in Iowa, and how they believe it relates to South Carolina. Apparently they have a campaign chairperson in every Iowa county, and have lined up thousands of precinct captains, plus the endorsements of over 100 pastors.

I don't think she can come back enough to grab the nomination. But I think a resurgence and possible victory in Iowa is possible. She could be this year's Huckabee to Newt's McCain, leaving Romney to be this year's Romney all over again.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »
It appears Newt is a little short on organiztion on the ground.
Heard the other day that he may not field a full slate of delegates in,  I think, Missouri.
There was also something about Ohio and Iowa?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 11:35:22 AM »
If bachmann  has the organization  described and can mount a comeback of sorts, I'd be much more satisfied.