Author Topic: At Least 2 Dead in {Another} Virginia Tech Shooting  (Read 1094 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
At Least 2 Dead in {Another} Virginia Tech Shooting
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »
BLACKSBURG, Va. –  DEVELOPING:  Two people, including a police officer, were gunned down on Virginia Tech's campus on Thursday, according to the university.

A Virginia Tech police officer was shot shortly after noon during a traffic stop in the Coliseum parking lot near McComas Hall, a gymnasium on the 2,600-acre campus. The unidentified officer later died.

Witnesses reported to police that the shooter fled on foot toward a parking lot, where a second unidentified victim was found dead.

The whereabouts of the gunman remains unknown. The suspect, according to an earlier posting on the school's website, is described as a white male wearing gray sweatpants and a gray hat with a neon green brim.

University officials have scheduled a 4:30 p.m. media briefing.

"Several law enforcement agencies have responded to assist," read a posting on the school's website. "Virginia State Police has been requested to take lead in the investigation."

Messages seeking comment from school officials were not immediately returned.

"There is an active campus alert in Blacksburg," read a notice on the school's website. "Everyone should seek shelter or stay where you are. Blacksburg Transit service is suspended until the alert is lifted."

Reporters of subsequent gunshots heard on campus were unfounded, the university announced. Schools in nearby Montgomery County were reportedly locked down following the shooting.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/08/shots-fired-at-virginia-techs-campus-gunman-sought/?test=latestnews#ixzz1fyu7vxa1

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: At Least 2 Dead in {Another} Virginia Tech Shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:36 PM »
Watching the media go full-tilt in their search for a "Virginia Tech II !!!" storyline is a thing to behold. They crave stories they can milk until the udders are dry.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
Can't wait to hear that if it was not for guns nobody would die. ::outrage:: ::mooning::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:08:28 PM »
Apparently the second body found was that of the shooter, who killed himself. Why do they have to always drag someone else down with them?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:16:11 AM »
Cause they're cowards.

Can't wait to hear where he got his gun or how the MFM will spin this into a "we hate guns" rant again.

God forbid anybody allow CC on campus, could be dropping the psycho's drawn to that kill-magnet on sight.

If I were a parent no way in hell I'd let my kid go there.  If the university asks why, simple, "you don't allow my law-abiding kid to carry on your deathtrap campus"!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »

If I were a parent no way in hell I'd let my kid go there. 

My nephew is there.

::praying::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
 ::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.