Author Topic: National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) passed on Tuesday  (Read 3007 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) passed on Tuesday
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
I listened to Alan west defend it. I keep asking myself......am I missing something?

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I wonder the same thing. Have all of the conservatives been adbucted by aliens? ::foilhathelicopter::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 06:53:42 AM »
And in the end 283 House members voted to give Obama "flexibility" in dealing with "terrorists"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/14/white-house-says-it-will-not-veto-defense-bill/

Dingy Harry's Senate is expected to rubber stamp this and send it to Lord High Obama...

::speechless::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 09:26:43 AM »

The train hasn't left the station but
they are designing the freight cars.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
The cattle cars, yes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline michelleo

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
In this case, I think the Rubicon is not the signing of the law.  It is the abuse of the law that may/will follow.  Only then can we tar and feather them.

It's like having a restraining order against someone you know is out to harm you.  It's only when the bastard tries to break in that you can blow his/her a$$ away.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
By the time the abuse becomes widely known, people will have been carted off to the camps already...

I like the Rubicon analogy because like Caesar crossing the river, the actual act of physically crossing the river did not result in immediate action...likewise I think this nefarious act will be looked back upon as the beginning of the breaking point...

We are on the precipice of tyranny and all is well...

::falldownshocked::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
By the time the abuse becomes widely known, people will have been carted off to the camps already...

I like the Rubicon analogy because like Caesar crossing the river, the actual act of physically crossing the river did not result in immediate action...likewise I think this nefarious act will be looked back upon as the beginning of the breaking point...

We are on the precipice of tyranny and all is well...

::falldownshocked::

This isn't going to be a Crystal-Nacht/Box-Car and Death Camps scenario.  That is only required when you care who lives and who dies.  This adminstration isn't going to bother with sorting "good" people from "bad" people.  Detroit is in revolt?  No food, no water, no fuel, no electric and then we will send in the troops to restore order only after most people are dead, and you won't hear about it as anyone who dares report it becomes a "terrorist" and disappears to gitmo..

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »
More fallout from NADA and more power for SkyNet -

A House-Senate conference report this week called on the Administration to accelerate the use of civilian unmanned aerial systems (UAS), or “drones,” in U.S. airspace.

http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2012/02/faa_drones.html

Also ties into this thread too.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,4056.0.html

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
Oh, and why is this being reported now?  Are those fed up with excessive taxation & regulation now assumed to be part of this "sovereign" movement and subject to doors kicked in, indefinite imprisonment and/or death?

On the heels of NADA...this is more than coincidence!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-usa-fbi-extremists-idUSTRE81600V20120207

They are conditioning the nation for more and more tyranny with each passing day, and their justification will be "the people demand it'!

Time for We the People to let them know what we really demand is more liberty and less tyranny!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
Had to look up this seditious group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Citizen_Movement
A 2010 publication from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) estimated that approximately 100,000 Americans are "hard-core sovereign believers", and that another 200,000 are "just starting out by testing sovereign techniques for resisting everything from speeding tickets to drug charges".[17]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
Christian Identity is a label applied to a wide variety of loosely affiliated believers and churches with a racialized theology. Many promote a Eurocentric interpretation of Christianity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Patriot_movement
The Christian Patriot movement is a movement of American political commentators and activists. They promote various interpretations of history and law with the common theme that the federal government has turned against the ideas of liberty and individual rights behind the American Revolution, and America's Christian heritage.[1]

REO Speedwagon - Rock and Roll Music

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »

From Drudge:

Skynet progresses
Surveillance drones over U.S. get OK by Congress; 30,000 in the skies by 2020...

472 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 11:51:02 AM »
 ::outrage::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
The agency said it issued 313 certificates in 2011 and 295 of them were still active at the end of the year, but the FAA refuses to disclose which agencies have the certificates and what their purposes are.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation is suing the FAA to obtain records of the certifications.

“We need a list so we can ask [each agency], ‘What are your policies on drone use? How do you protect privacy? How do you ensure compliance with the Fourth Amendment?’ ” Ms. Lynch said.

“Currently, the only barrier to the routine use of drones for persistent surveillance are the procedural requirements imposed by the FAA for the issuance of certificates,” said Amie Stepanovich, national security counsel for the Electronic Privacy Information Center, a research center in Washington.

The Department of Transportation, the parent agency of the FAA, has announced plans to streamline the certification process for government drone flights this year, she said.

“We are looking at our options” to oppose that, she added.

Section 332 of the new FAA legislation also orders the agency to develop a system for licensing commercial drone flights as part of the nation’s air traffic control system by 2015.

The agency must establish six flight ranges across the country where drones can be test-flown to determine whether they are safe for travel in congested skies.

Representatives of the fast-growing unmanned aircraft systems industry say they worked hard to get the provisions into law.

“It sets deadlines for the integration of [the drones] into the national airspace,” said Gretchen West, executive vice president of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, an industry group.

She said drone technology is new to the FAA.

The legislation, which provides several deadlines for the FAA to report progress to Congress, “will move the [drones] issue up their list of priorities,” Ms. West said.

These bitchez need to be bitch-slapped back to the Revolutionary War.

I predict an uptick in shoulder-fire rockets.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
Speaking of the Revolutionary War, we are pretty much to the point now where our new Crown is telling us the equivalent of "you have no cause for outrage, why you have colonial Assemblies for representation!"

The territory we've entered into is in some ways harder to navigate than an open tyranny. We have the trappings of representation and constitutional restraint on the power of the state, it just means nothing. But its nominal existence defuses otherwise righteous outrage, and the state itself is the sole beneficiary of it. Will people begin to recognize they are being subjugated despite the window dressing of an ornamental Congress? If they don't hurry up and figure it out we're going to be so squarely under the boot that the pretense of representative consent will be dismissed as no longer necessary.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »
Ornamental, yes, that is quite descriptive.  We have a largely ornamental federal congress, largely ornamental state governments, you could argue there is more direct control at local levels, but with state and (more pervasively) federal mandates and crackmoney (grants) their capacity for autonomous action is largely limited as well.  Soon all pretense to self-government will be swept aside.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »
I am not sure the Gohmert/Landry/Rigell Amendment is enough to save NADA for evisceration IMO, but, regardless...I do not see Reid's Senate accepting it, so...I dunno where we go from here...

http://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2012/05/15/the-fy-13-ndaa-keeps-terrorists-off-u-s-soil-without-compromising-civil-liberties/