Author Topic: Why Corzine Will Be Convicted *UPDATES*  (Read 4100 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Why Corzine Will Be Convicted *UPDATES*
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
Think about this, Corzine, Maddow, and all the rest of the white collar crooks couldn't get away with these kinds of tricks if it weren't for the lawyers in Congress who thought up the crazy laws, rules, regulations, stipulations, and if-thens that they learn in law school. Here again my favorite bunch, the career politicians at work. These are the same bunch, (from both parties), who have no compunction about what they do and what they get away with.

The question remains, what are we going to do about it?

We the people must DEMAND that America return to the model the founders left us, citizen government. We don't need more Harvard propagandized lawyers sitting around pondering their next election success, which it seems is all they're interested in.

No, we need to elect plumbers, and librarians, and traffic cops, and carpenters, and electricians, and Pastors, and Rabies, and on and on. Congress critters are supposed to speak in our stead. That's why we elect them.
Now, unless I'm in court, before a judge, how can a lawyer understand my concerns as an American? He's never walked in my shoes. He's never busted his ass working construction projects, so his family could prosper. He passes the bar, and gets a job paying more to start, than I'll make after 35 years.

My point is that how can we expect our representatives to work for us, when they don't know squat about us?

We the people must rid this country of career politicians, federal, state, and local. Then, and only then will America once again become what she was always meant to be. THE shining light in  the world.

Yep, for too long Americans have bought the shiny
package and not considered the contents.

It's the presentation not the product that counts.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »

Here we go:
ABC news

Montana farmers have filed a class action suit against former New Jersey governor Jon Corzine, charging that the failed financial firm run by Corzine stole millions from their accounts to pay off its spiraling debts,

MF Global's clients included 38,000 wheat farmers, cattle ranchers and others who "hedged" their crop prices by placing millions in MF Global accounts. Those accounts were supposed to be "segregated and secure," ...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »

Here we go:
ABC news

Montana farmers have filed a class action suit against former New Jersey governor Jon Corzine, charging that the failed financial firm run by Corzine stole millions from their accounts to pay off its spiraling debts,

MF Global's clients included 38,000 wheat farmers, cattle ranchers and others who "hedged" their crop prices by placing millions in MF Global accounts. Those accounts were supposed to be "segregated and secure," ...

Look for MF to tell them check's in the mail.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »
Look for torches, pitchforks, knives, guns...all in the hands of righteously pissed off victims!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »
Given Obama and the Leftists proclivity for screwing their political enemies any way they can, and given Corzine's close association with Obama, it stands to reason that Corzine's assignment was to destroy capital in a region and industry dominated by enemies of the Left.

They've done everything they can to destroy economies and prosperity in regions and industries dominated by Republican donors and voters. The Great Plains are an area that has been resilient against this recession.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
Look for torches, pitchforks, knives, guns...all in the hands of righteously pissed off victims!

Seriously, nothing is going to change until that starts happening.

Right now I think there is so much pent up rage that the rivets are going to start popping all across the political spectrum, often directed at the wrong targets but also at some of the right ones.  The Ruling Class has built themselves quite a little powder keg and I look forward to it blowing up in their faces.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »

Seriously, nothing is going to change until that starts happening.

Right now I think there is so much pent up rage that the rivets are going to start popping all across the political spectrum, often directed at the wrong targets but also at some of the right ones.  The Ruling Class has built themselves quite a little powder keg and I look forward to it blowing up in their faces.

The Ruling Class thinks it can manage and exploit any crisis, but a real crisis is a lot more dynamic than a fake one...like you say "reality is not an option", they let it all "pop" control is the last thing they will have.  No doubt they will attempt to "direct" the rage, but good luck with that once the genie is fully out of the bottle!

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »
Look, $200 million of segregated customer funds didn't wire itself to cover that margin call. Somebody had to give the order, somebody with the access and the authority to risk customer funds to try to save MF Global.

Illegal. Illegal. Illegal. And this "memo" indicates that JC ordered the transfer from the customer account to cover a margin call.

Toast.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
In a just world (providing he is found guilty...or even charged) Mr. Corzine will be put away for the rest of his life and fined for every dime he has.

But in our world? Sadly, his fate is in doubt.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »
It will require a Justice Department willing to prosecute. This Justice Department is blatantly politicized, and Corzine is a friend of the regime.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:33 AM »
Thus the need for torches, pitchforks, knives, guns...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
Ruh Roe, Shaggy: Looks like justice is finally catching up with thief Corzine:

Federal regulators are poised to sue Jon S. Corzine over the collapse of MF Global and the brokerage firm’s misuse of customer money during its final days, a blowup that rattled Wall Street and cast a spotlight on Mr. Corzine, the former New Jersey governor who ran the firm until its bankruptcy in 2011.

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the federal agency that regulated MF Global, plans to approve the lawsuit as soon as this week, according to law enforcement officials with knowledge of the case. In a rare move against a Wall Street executive, the agency has informed Mr. Corzine’s lawyers that it aims to file the civil case without offering him the opportunity to settle, setting up a legal battle that could drag on for years.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
--------------

charlesoakwood

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »

Obama's gotten all the public mileage and money out of him so now, as they always do, they are going to play the other side of the face street and bleed him out.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
This is still nothing. "Misuse" customer funds? How about stole customer funds? Anything civil is a slap on the wrist. There should be criminal charges followed by a very long prison sentence.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
Oh, well. Looks like a slap on the wrist and then down the memory hole. ::gaah::

Personally, I'm thinking

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »

I hate waking up in bed and I'm Christopher Walken. Oh, and on fire. That sucks.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 07:18:10 AM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
All the SEC is interested in is cold, hard cash, outta Corzine's ass. I anticipate a "settlement" being made in the very near future, with Corzine and the SEC agreeing that "no criminal wrongdoing was discovered" and the payment of millions of bucks Corzine stole from MF Global being paid to the US Treasury.
--------------