Author Topic: Romney: Pro-Choice  (Read 4801 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Romney: Pro-Choice
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 11:52:59 PM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
I aborted him. He should be ecstatic.

Now...if we can abort the Romney presidential bid....

I'm betting quantum is not married....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »
Well yes. Although every single pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life, I'm happy to ignore that whole side-issue.

Well no.  Every pregnancy is not a threat to the mother's life.  Pregnancy is not an illness nor a disability until it becomes one and that is certainly not an "every".

I agree Pan.  The med community has tried its hardest to make pregnancy an illness and treat it like a disease as if it needs to be cured.

(And as an aside there's some research to back up the idea that pregnancy is actually healthy for a woman to experience.)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
Well yes. Although every single pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life, I'm happy to ignore that whole side-issue.

Well no.  Every pregnancy is not a threat to the mother's life.  Pregnancy is not an illness nor a disability until it becomes one and that is certainly not an "every".

I agree Pan.  The med community has tried its hardest to make pregnancy an illness and treat it like a disease as if it needs to be cured.

(And as an aside there's some research to back up the idea that pregnancy is actually healthy for a woman to experience.)

Yes, they have and you have to wonder why.  Money?  Control?  Meh!

---- Aw, a Jack Russell pup just ran across my backyard.  Somebody's.

If I remember correctly, and I may not, there's research indicating pregnancy helps ward off breast cancer in a way being on "the pill" didn't/doesn't.

When I was pregnant, I was bound and determined to find a mid-wife to deliver with me at home.  You go in the hospital and the first thing they do is stick an IV in yer arm.  "In case", I was told, "you need it".  Sort of violated the "First Do NO Harm" principle to me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »
The stage of life in the womb has been getting shorter and shorter in terms of when the baby can be saved if the mother is at risk.  That said, if the mother's life is genuinely AT RISK -- not in terms of "mental health" -- then that is when the issue becomes one between the mother, the father and the doctor, as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise, also as far as I'm concerned, the baby is an innocent human life and if the mother won't value and protect it, then the law must.

With all due respect, I do not like your analogy; it involves adults and how they came to be where they are -- there is no doubt of how and why an unborn human is in utero.

I've been of the stance since about 12 years old (the day I became a Christian and life wasn't all about -me- anymore).. that an abortion should never happen.  Even if it was a choice between the woman and the baby.  Of course; it was a distant concept because I am a male and unable to be put in that position myself.  Still; I knew right from wrong (based on all my core beliefs) and knew what was and was not acceptable.. and deciding that I was more important than a little baby.. just smelled five shades of rotten meat to me and I couldn't stomach the thought of it.

After getting married the conversation came up with my wife... and again after she became pregnant.  We laid it right out on the table and without hesitation my wife agreed precisely with me... not a second hesitation.

I think the pivotal point in both our lives is from the point that we do not think we are the center of the universe.  We know there is something greater than us and we have decided to subjugate our lives, or decisions, or souls to that.

I believe that people that have not made the decision to follow Christ, can't conceive of letting yourself die in order to save another helpless little life.  Yes; it's contrary to instinct.  Yes; it's against what is 'normal'.

Then again.. so is following Christ.

And I love not being normal.

Have you looked around and seen what normal is?
 ::kissface::

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 03:19:14 AM »
I hadn't heard anything that QuantumG had said until I picked up on that he had been banned... so I searched the Forum and started reading some of his positions... what really does a person have to say here to get banned?  Ah... I totally understand the smug/arrogant/ass-hat label that he'd been given.. fully.

I wish he'd had the chance to watch a few videos...

http://free-speech-while-it-lasts.blogspot.com/2011/10/33-minutes-that-will-open-your-eyes.html

Unfortunately... I think the videos only help people with an open mind.  The videos are good for the clueless and just the lazy thinking people that just gobble up the mass-media drivel and repeat it without much thinking.  I don't think QuantumG would have been helped by the videos.  Not one bit.

There comes a time when you know someone has lost so much of their humanity that they're mostly Borg now. :)

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »

Thank you for making an argument.

A fetus is a unique stage of human life, incomparable to any other stage.

Every human being who has ever lived has been a fetus. There are no exceptions. If we assume that the basic definition of personhood is self-evident (to assume otherwise requires superfluous argument)

But there's the rub, isn't it? People do argue personhood. They want it for other animals. In making the argument why they are wrong we condemn the unborn. If we're ready to accept a fetus as a person but not a vegetative adult or a tasty tasty pig, why?

to be a person requires having been a fetus. If you kill the fetus, you kill the person.

Holy Moses!! Did he just try and say that a pig is a human being?

I sure would have saved a great deal of time in reading all his beliefs (and genuinely listening to him with compassion and praying for his lost soul) if I would have just skipped to that line and realized.... he's utterly a nut-job.

I'll still pray for his soul.. but just intellectual honesty and common sense will never get through to someone that talks to a wall outlet for advice (example of someone just utterly not in touch with reality).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:31:33 AM by Delnorin »

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 03:25:14 AM »
Now if anyone wants to get back to the political point of this discussion (i.e. Romney's flip flopping behavior) you are welcome to do it now, troll-free.

I don't trust Romney on abortion or any other issue, because of his flip-flopping.

I second Janny's comment!

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
Hence
Now if anyone wants to get back to the political point of this discussion (i.e. Romney's flip flopping behavior) you are welcome to do it now, troll-free.

I don't trust Romney on abortion or any other issue, because of his flip-flopping.

Hence, the Cain FL straw vote total exceeds the combined vote totals of Perry and Romney. The vote for Cain was a vote for authenticity.

Here Here... Amen to that.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:00 AM »

Oh dear.. you made me blow diet-coke out my nose laughing on that one.

Damn you.. got it all over my laptop!

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2011, 03:28:20 AM »

Well no.  Every pregnancy is not a threat to the mother's life.  Pregnancy is not an illness nor a disability until it becomes one and that is certainly not an "every".

I agree Pan.  The med community has tried its hardest to make pregnancy an illness and treat it like a disease as if it needs to be cured.

I want to also second Pan's comment.. dead on.

As to the healthy for a woman to experience......

Buya! Bigger Boobies!  Better for everyone (laugh).. hee-hee

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 03:34:12 AM »
Oh... those videos I posted a link to (on my blog)... are also here on this forum... found them again.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,3222.0.html

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 03:38:14 AM »
Wow.. hadn't realized he'd been banned so long ago.  I had posted those videos on my own blog October 13th and I see from the posts before me that QuantumG had already been banned before that.

Man... I sure wasn't paying good attention to things. :)

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2011, 03:50:11 AM »

Now...if we can abort the Romney presidential bid....

I'm betting quantum is not married....

A little Google searching his username and you find his blog and a homepage.. he's got dozens of dozens of previous posts, etc.. article written and 'musings'.

One of them he offers a "Picture of what his life was like before he got married".

Just tossing it back here because of the 'not married' comment I remembered from reading in the thread.

Um... look at that picture.  I very seriously understand how he can not respect the sanctity of life.. look at how he lives.  He doesn't even respect his own life.
--------------------------------------------------------

Below... first.. let me say that what is below started as a quick cut/paste of where I got the picture above to explain it's authenticity.  Within 15 minutes it developed into a near stalker-like collection that sort of creep-ed me out.

I am utterly 'icked' at how easy it is to dig up info on someone that has gone out and made a few posts on the internet.  I feel almost dirty being able to learn so much about someone in less than 15 minutes.

Sources:

Trent Waddington's Collection of Internet Postings
http://www.quantumg.net/

Trent's Blog
http://quantumg.blogspot.com/

Trent's Twitter Account
http://twitter.com/quantumg

Trent's YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/quantumG

Boomerang Decompiler software Trent was a part of designing/company
http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/
18/Sep/2006: The two main developers of Boomerang, QuantumG and Mike Van Emmerik, are withdrawing from further development of Boomerang. This is because both have joined a company that owns technology sufficiently similar to that of Boomerang that there is a conflict. Both will be able to answer email queries about how Boomerang works at present, but will not be able to comment on suggestions for changes.

Trent on a telivision/internet tv type space shuttle interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcACt7ORaEY
The video is hilarious.  The folks on the program that are asking him questions are very blatantly mocking him at times.  Saying he sits in his underwear eating chips as he watches the launches, etc.  He's being mocked as your standard basement dweller in his mother's house... on television!  Oh my.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:12:38 AM by Delnorin »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 07:36:27 AM »
"Saying he sits in his underwear eating chips as he watches the launches, etc.  He's being mocked as your standard basement dweller in his mother's house... on television!"

I nominate this as the most entertaining.  I often accuse people of being dwellers in mommies basement, it is really hilarious when that assertion accurate!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »
Speaking of Janny, she hasn't been around in a while and I hope she's planning on dropping by soon.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »

After being married over 20 yrs, I can verify that it's DEFINITELY harmful for the woman's mental health. Well, at least when they're all boys. ::exitstageleft::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
  In my wifes case it did wonders for her to have somebody else in her life but me.If we didn't have kids I swear I would have ended up in diapers.Then again she migh still get her wish.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »

In time.