Author Topic: It's Official: Glenn Beck Jet Skis Over Shark Tank  (Read 6579 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
It's Official: Glenn Beck Jet Skis Over Shark Tank
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »
Found on AoS but posted at RightScoop:

"I'd consider Ron Paul as third party over Newt Gingrich."

Un-believable.

I guess he just wants to get into a competitive situation with Michael Savage or something.

Or he's on acid.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: It's Official: Glenn Beck Jet Skis Over Shark Tank
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
 ::facepalm::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Beck can say some sarcastic stuff.....Do you think he was serious?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »
I sure hope he's joking. ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
I am tired of even trying to take Glenn Beck seriously. He doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. Not by me, anyway.

But...

A lot of people do take him seriously and dote on his every comment as conservative gospel. Because of this phenomenon I am very irritated by a person with a large audience and influence spouting such utter nonsense. He may have his issues with Gingrich but that is no reason to drive a significant number of people to vote in such a way as to assure the Dingus a second term.

Please note that (like a good Mormon) he does not rule out voting for Romney. I have to wonder if he is trying to somehow influence the vote in such a way as to favor Romney. It's crazy but so is voting for and supporting a third party run by anyone...let alone a certifiable nut like Ron Paul.

I won't waste my time listening to Beck again. Not after this. He is dead to me now.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »
He was saying it to emphasize a point he made while appearing
on Judge Napolitano's show, that Newt is a Progressive, and the
only difference between Newt and Obama is the color of their
skin.  

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
I would also vote Ron Paul 3rd party over Newt.

Beck doesn't like Newt and doesn't seem to like Romney much either.
But a little more than Newt.
He has said that he likes Bachmann and Santorum

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
GLENN BECK: If Tea Party Votes For Gingrich It's Because Obama's Black

http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-beck-tea-party-doesnt-like-obama-because-hes-black-2011-12

Sorry Glenn but it's ABO for me. And I'll gladly take newt over mitt.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
He was saying it to emphasize a point he made while appearing
on Judge Napolitano's show, that Newt is a Progressive, and the
only difference between Newt and Obama is the color of their
skin.  

^^ That.  Sarcastic hyperbole; when Rush does it, he points it out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
GLENN BECK: If Tea Party Votes For Gingrich It's Because Obama's Black

http://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-beck-tea-party-doesnt-like-obama-because-hes-black-2011-12

Sorry Glenn but it's ABO for me. And I'll gladly take newt over mitt.

[blockquote]
If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama… ask yourself this, Tea Party: Is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race. I mean, what else is it? It’s the policies that matter.
[/blockquote]

Really, it's the only difference between the two.  So that must be it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »
Beg to differ.  Newt is a progressive, yes, but there are differences between him and Duh Wun; it's not just race.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

Yes, Mr. Obama does posses a much
higher quantity of melanin than the gNewt.

And gNewt does posses a much
higher quantity of brain cells than Mr. Obama but
that just makes him more of a threat doesn't it.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »
Beck must not have enough 10.00 contributers to GBTV. I'm sorry, Glenn, you believed in your "cause" so much you sank your entire fortune in it.

The Glenn beck show: sarcasm, 100% of the time. Please don't miss the next piece of sarcasm at GBTV, a deal at 10 bucks.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
Who's more conservative? Ron Paul? Or Newt Gingrich?

In my mind, there is no debate. Gingrich is a big government progressive establishment Republican. His relationship to the constitution is academic. Ron Paul is a small government libertarian conservative. His relationship to the constitution is visceral and near absolute. So absolute that he completely takes himself out of consideration for an entire voting bloc because his version of conservative foreign policy is complete isolationism and fails to make moral distinctions between allies and enemies. But there is no question that Ron Paul is as ultra-conservative-libertarian as Newt Gingrich is ultra-establishment progressive GOP.

In other words, aside from the quirkiness and the vapid foreign policy, Ron Paul's policy positions are exactly what the conservative electorate has been pleading for. That is going to be attractive to many, many people.

If Ron Paul runs 3rd party, it's game over - Obama wins. There is no way possible to deride, shame, and cajole enough of his followers and enough anti-establishment Republicans to give the vote to Gingrich. Glenn Beck's comment will not make Ron Paul's 3rd party run any more damaging to a Newt Gingrich GOP run than it would otherwise be without it*. If Paul run's it's game over. Beck could say the exact opposite of what he said, and it would still be game over.

*ETA: Without Beck's comment, that is.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:21:41 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 06:52:31 PM »
He has a personality trait that I have seen in other recovering addicts before. They latch onto something as a proxy for their addiction, and have to jump in head first. His whole above-all-that-political-nonsense spirit, love, hope, schtick wore thin with me pretty early on. I'm not saying I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but far too often he seems like one of those addicts who has found a zealotry to fill that void. It's the addictive personality. You can remove substance, but the psychology is still there. That lunatic who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska, until -- not unpredictably -- one ate him, was also an addict who had to lose himself in another obsession. I get a similar vibe from Beck.

He's a bleeding heart. Not a liberal, but a bleeding heart nevertheless.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
He has a personality trait that I have seen in other recovering addicts before. They latch onto something as a proxy for their addiction, and have to jump in head first. His whole above-all-that-political-nonsense spirit, love, hope, schtick wore thin with me pretty early on. I'm not saying I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but far too often he seems like one of those addicts who has found a zealotry to fill that void. It's the addictive personality. You can remove substance, but the psychology is still there. That lunatic who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska, until -- not unpredictably -- one ate him, was also an addict who had to lose himself in another obsession. I get a similar vibe from Beck.

He's a bleeding heart. Not a liberal, but a bleeding heart nevertheless.

I tend to agree with you.  In his wildest imaginings, I suspect he believes if TSHTF in a big enough way, he'll lead out of the darkness.  It's a bit of a delusion, and somewhat dangerous I think.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
Who's more conservative? Ron Paul? Or Newt Gingrich?

In my mind, there is no debate. Gingrich is a big government progressive establishment Republican. His relationship to the constitution is academic. Ron Paul is a small government libertarian conservative. His relationship to the constitution is visceral and near absolute. So absolute that he completely takes himself out of consideration for an entire voting bloc because his version of conservative foreign policy is complete isolationism and fails to make moral distinctions between allies and enemies. But there is no question that Ron Paul is as ultra-conservative-libertarian as Newt Gingrich is ultra-establishment progressive GOP.

In other words, aside from the quirkiness and the vapid foreign policy, Ron Paul's policy positions are exactly what the conservative electorate has been pleading for. That is going to be attractive to many, many people.

If Ron Paul runs 3rd party, it's game over - Obama wins. There is no way possible to deride, shame, and cajole enough of his followers and enough anti-establishment Republicans to give the vote to Gingrich. Glenn Beck's comment will not make Ron Paul's 3rd party run any more damaging to a Newt Gingrich GOP run than it would otherwise be without it*. If Paul run's it's game over. Beck could say the exact opposite of what he said, and it would still be game over.

*ETA: Without Beck's comment, that is.

If Paul runs third party I'll leave the party.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
So what we want is Ron Paul with the rest of the fields belief on foreign policy?

There isn't anyone running as conservative as Paul. Of course, there isn't anyone running except Paul who makes no distinction between our friends and enemies.

This is giving me a headache.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 07:44:48 PM »
So what we want is Ron Paul with the rest of the fields belief on foreign policy?

There isn't anyone running as conservative as Paul. Of course, there isn't anyone running except Paul who makes no distinction between our friends and enemies.

This is giving me a headache.

Two shots of the liquor of your choosing and you will feel better.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »

If Ron Paul runs 3rd party, it's game over - Obama wins.

Which is true.

I am thoroughly irritated with anyone who would in any way encourage this to happen.

Beck is not, by himself, going to make it happen but he is, in this situation, an enabler. He is giving the situation his blessing.

Not.

Helpful.

Paul is as dangerous as the Dingus...just in a different way. If Paul helps to re-elect the Dingus by going third party then he may as well be a Dingus supporter.

Certainly I am not the only one who finds the whole Paul thing fraudulent. He is a libertarian. He has an "R" next to his name, not an "L." That's fraudulent. He shows up at the Republican debates and participates in the Republican primaries until he loses. If he retires from the field at that point then fine. If he goes third party at that point then his previous appearances have all been fraudulent. Does this bother anyone? It should.