Author Topic: Obama; coming to an inbox near you...  (Read 787 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Obama; coming to an inbox near you...
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/12/14/obama-campaign-collecting-republican-emails/

The Obama presidential campaign is launching an effort to collect Republican email addresses by inviting its supporters to submit information about their Republican associates to the Obama 2012 website.

The effort could help the Obama campaign build a database that would enable it to target Republican voters during the general election campaign. But, more perniciously, it could also become part of an Democratic effort to influence Republican primary voters to select a candidate Democrats think Obama could most easily defeat.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Obama; coming to an inbox near you...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
Smacks of that "report blogs and forum posts" website the White House setup a few months back.  I still cannot believe the brazenness of this bunch. This administration keeps showing many shades of fascism, the whole "report your neighbors" vibe they keep giving off.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
Yup, once again the Democrats are asking themselves "What would Hitler do?" and this is the latest product...

::mooning::

::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »
I have to ask, are the liberal sheeple really that ignorant of this administration and the fecal matter they are trying to pull or do they really want this crap?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
I think they like this crap...it would never occur to your run-of-the-mill leftard that tyranny could result from such magnificently enlightened progressive leaders...a crocodile will always look like a cuddly poodle to them as long as it has a little "d" after its name...up to the point the crocodile bites them in half...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
I have to ask, are the liberal sheeple really that ignorant of this administration and the fecal matter they are trying to pull or do they really want this crap?

Some, like OWS, are ignorant, so giving them the task to " turn in" those who oppose the rigime appeals as they are doing something positive.

Certain ethnic groups just follow and since most of their support is splintered into dozens of special interest groups, all whom think of themselves first, it's easy to guide their support with trinkets.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »

Many professional persons think it's cute
him putting it over on everybody else.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »

You would think they might be wary of it if for no other reason than the prospect of the evil Republicans being able to use those same very tools against them some day, but you are right they seem to have no such concerns. That in itself is rather telling. For one thing I think it indicates just how aware they are that they own the Federal apparatus lock, stock, and barrel. As Mark Steyn has quipped, "who needs a left wing legislature or executive if you've got a left wing bureaucracy?" We could get super majorities in Congress and own the White House and the "civil service" would still be chock full of left wing statists. They know it, and they know the power it gives them.

It is also telling because it speaks to another fundamental trait of leftists, and that is their completely casual acceptance of the idea that the behavior of others should be modified by government coercion. They are totalitarians. All cultural institutions must be oriented to their system of beliefs -- whether by shaming, harassment, or outright government dictate.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 03:56:10 AM »
An a$$hole friend of mine gave the Stymie election campaign my e-mail address in '08 and I was ceaselessly bombarded with e-mails from the likes of David Pflouffe and couldn't figure out a way to even block them . I got the jump on him this year and left HIS e-mail address with every Dem organization under the sun .

I wouldn't worry about this particular story . All the Stymie e-mails in the world won't influence me one iota . It'll simply be a minor irritation every time I check my in-box .