Author Topic: NTSB and cell phones  (Read 3835 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: NTSB and cell phones
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »
At least I was able to get an ashtray in mine.  I wanted a manual transmission with a power seat (in order to reach the pedals); apparently the engineering geniusii at Ford couldn't manage the combo.

The power seats are higher off the floorboard so your goal would
not be accomplished.  They do offer the option of electrically operated
pedals.  There's a rocker switch that causes the distance from seat to
pedal to be increased or diminished.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
At least I was able to get an ashtray in mine.  I wanted a manual transmission with a power seat (in order to reach the pedals); apparently the engineering geniusii at Ford couldn't manage the combo.

The power seats are higher off the floorboard so your goal would
not be accomplished.
  They do offer the option of electrically operated
pedals.  There's a rocker switch that causes the distance from seat to
pedal to be increased or diminished.

Not so.  Between the two 4-way rocker switches for the seat itself and the manual control on the seatback, mission accomplished.  The truck came "as is" and the moving pedal option was not included, as was not the manual tranny.

'S okay; it's a V-8, I CAN reach the pedals, and has dual exhaust, so I can kick butt in a NY minute if I have to.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 05:09:38 PM »
. . .
I paid 18,200.00 for my lil chit box.  I does have AC and most the other BASIC creature comforts.  Finding a car with a 6 speed manual was tougher than pulling hens teeth.  I've had it 11 months and 28K miles, somehow managed not to run over anything yet...knock on wood. 
. . .

You know, it's so sweet that you are driving a light weight commuter vehicle and you are worried about running OVER something.

That has got to be a Chevy Sonic or a Cruze. Nice cars for the purpose of getting there for little money.

It was a a basic Scion TC. not an option one on it.  I drove it 28K miles in 11 months.  My bride has been talking about getting something more comfy for my commute, she was not kidding.  We picked up my new commuter last night.  It has bluetooth and damn near anything else you can imagine on it, they get between 29-32 MPG on the road on regular gas. 

It came with a big red bow on top, I'll be cruising to work in comfort again for 2012.  ::newyear::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »

Scion, when they came out I tried to conjure up
reasons to buy one, mine's still working fine today,
buy I couldn't do it. It's still on my list.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 08:55:05 PM »
  I can't do it,I need a good ride under me for trips. I love my GMC,it'doesn't get the MPG but life is a trade off.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 09:24:46 PM »

Lovely F150 through a tantrum which necessitated a rental car
it was a Kia Soul, (I'm a soul man - da dat dada), anyway, it was a
hoot.  With a devil-may-care attitude I slipped that little thing through
lane slots on the highway that would have otherwise been only sight
gaps.  Had a lot of fun but when I got baby back she was bodacious.

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

Give me a lil credit....it didn't drive a gerbil car.  ::laughonfloor::

I moved up to the geritol car.  Heck 30K a year wears on the ole honey and back.   ::oldman:: ::beer toast::

No reason there are not reliable trucks and cars on the road for 10-12K for the average driver to purchase.  We ALL PAY FOR THESE 7-10 YEAR warranties, 7-10 air bags, 1000 computerized safety features, nanny proofing child locks and I have't even started on the EPA mandates. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 10:12:05 PM »

Is that yours?  Looks good, what is it?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »
...No reason there are not reliable trucks and cars on the road for 10-12K for the average driver to purchase.  We ALL PAY FOR THESE 7-10 YEAR warranties, 7-10 air bags, 1000 computerized safety features, nanny proofing child locks and I have't even started on the EPA mandates. 

Don't forget the union pay, medical benefits, and pension.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »
The top one was what I have been driving darn near 800 miles a week for the past 11 months, the Scion Tc.  The four year old Avalanche boat puller is in the background.

The ES350 is what my spouse bought me for Christmas, traded the Tc in.  Just signed a new contract at work with no end in sight on the long commute.  We managed to pay off several things this year.  I've picked up every extra job I could to help out.  

Though it was a tough year...actually two years we are truly blessed compared to many!!!!   This mandating regulation after regulation is driving cost through the roof.  People are either blind or have no idea of how this stuff really gets paid for.  

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Pandora,

Navigator, Mercury, F-150 too

Ford Pats (Passive Anti Theft System) Initialization With The 2534 Global Programmer
September 9, 2010 by admin
Filed under: Ford

There are five types of PATS implementations from Ford (A, B, C, D, E). Refer to Table 1 (page 11) to identify what type of PATS your vehicle is equipped with. PATS initialization is generally performed after programming.
The A or D version of PATS does not store the key information in the PCM, therefore NO PATS KEY RELEARN IS REQUIRED after programming.
The B or C versions of PATS store the key information within the PCM and MUST be transferred to the new PCM, or relearned on the vehicle after the new PCM is installed.
The E version of PATS also stores the key information within the PCM, but CANNOT be transferred to the new PCM. This type MUST be relearned on the vehicle after the new PCM is installed.
Note: If you are just updating the existing PCM calibration with an update calibration, you must select the MODULE REPROGRAMMING function (not Programmable Module Installation). Doing this will insure you retain the existing PATS key information.
IF REPROGRAMMING AN UPDATED CALIBRATION TO AN EXISTING PCM (ALL PATS TYPES)
The Module Reprogramming selection MUST be selected, not reprogram and install (this will avoid a key relearn procedure).
If REPLACING OR INSTALLING A NEW PCM (B, C TYPES ONLY)
The Programmable Module Installation selection MUST be selected. To transfer your PATS key information to the new PCM, your original PCM must be connected to the global programmer first. This must be done to avoid a key relearning procedure. If the original is unavailable, a PATS key relearn procedure must be performed after the PCM is installed on the vehicle.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »
  I can't do it,I need a good ride under me for trips. I love my GMC,it'doesn't get the MPG but life is a trade off.

Damn straight. All those tree huggin, Yugo lovers can kiss my ass.

See, it does not make economic sense for me to get a vehicle with better gas mileage. In my beloved '96 Suburban, I get about 18 mpg on the highway. If I purchase a new and smaller vehicle that can tow a 4500 pound boat, I would jump to about $120 per week debt service, additional insurance to cover replacement cost for the bank, higher property tax, all paid with after-tax dollars. All to save about 10 m.p.g.

Last time I looked, this was a free country . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Look again .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 02:55:32 PM »
Look again .........

I am.

All I'm saying is that I can see 2012 from my house . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.