Author Topic: EPA Ponders Expanded Regulatory Power In Name of 'Sustainable Development'  (Read 1327 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The EPA commissioned a study, by a panel of "experts", to ....

... change how it analyzes problems and makes decisions, in a way that will give it vastly expanded power to regulate businesses, communities and ecosystems in the name of “sustainable development,” the centerpiece of a global United Nations conference slated for Rio de Janeiro next June.

According to the study itself, the adoption of the new “sustainability framework” will make the EPA more “anticipatory” in its approach to environmental issues, broaden its focus to include both social and economic as well as environmental “pillars,” and “strengthen EPA as an organization and a leader in the nation’s progress toward a sustainable future.”

What is “sustainability” in the first place? That is a question the study ducks, noting that it is only advising EPA on how to bring it within the agency’s canon.

The experts take their definition from an Obama Administration executive order of October, 2009, entitled Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance. It defines sustainability in sweeping fashion as the ability “to create and maintain conditions, under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony, that permit fulfilling the social, economic, and other requirements of present and future generations.”

Of course "the study ducks" the question; the answer is:  it's more Agenda 21 horsesht.

Read the rest of the piece for more information on how the EPA intends to control and direct everyone and everything.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The only thing these bastards are succeeding at sustaining is my rage and desire to grind them into dust!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
American Thinker enters the fray.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
American Thinker enters the fray.

"Nipped in the bud" indeed. More like hacked off at the neck, head-by-head, until the entire beast is dead forever and ever, amen.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

This has to be nipped in the bud.  ::hysterical::

Ordinarily, congress would bring the EPA administrator in for a tongue lashing. [Or send them a sternly worded memo]
But as long as Obama is president,  ::curtsy4::  
the EPA will have carte blanche
to gather as much power
as they can

and traditional American liberties be damned.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Any government study which includes nebulous phrases like "and other requirements" scares the $hit out of me .

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
This is one of the reasons why Nixon came to regret having signed off on EPA .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
 ::cussing::  Nixon!

But Reagan didn't kill the damn thing off either...

::falldownshocked::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
::cussing::  Nixon!

But Reagan didn't kill the damn thing off either...
::falldownshocked::

As much as liked Reagan, that's one area he really disappointed me. So many places to cut spending and he never did.

I'm still trying to figure out why the EPA has a hand in social and economic issues. Lord knows they've killed economic recovery, but mostly indirectly.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Because they believe they can, that's why.

charlesoakwood

And our congress does not employ any enforcement
mechanisms upon them such as budget cuts or oversight.

ETA  We have a can't do congress.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
But we have lots of cowardice, corruption and cronyism...so we got that going for us...