Author Topic: Moron Watch: OWS To "Participate" At Rose Parade...What Could Go Wrong?  (Read 4080 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
From JWF:

Protesters intend to march with large banners that decry wealth inequality in the United States and to unveil a few colorful “floats” of their own, including a giant people-powered octopus, said Pete Thottam, an Occupy spokesman. The octopus will be made out of recycled bags, stretching 40 feet from tentacle to tentacle, and is designed to represent the stranglehold that Wall Street has on the political process, he said.

I usually ignore this event...it's just not my thing. But this year, who knows? It might turn out to be more fun than an NHL bench clearing brawl. I have to confess that there is not much that warms my heart as much as left wing riots in California.

“We have people coming from Seattle, Portland, Oakland and New York,” said Thottam, adding that sign-in sheets suggest that the protesters could number in the thousands.

That would be significantly larger than past Rose Parade protests.

But Pasadena Police Lt. Phlunte’ Riddle said law enforcement believes that officials have the situation under control.

The only way that a left wing full on riot in California could be any better is if it caught on fire and was then swallowed in a mud slide with maybe an earthquake chaser.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Moron Watch: OWS To "Participate" At Rose Parade...What Could Go Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
If it blows up in their face bad enough, perhpas the BCS will dump the Rose Bowl, wouldn't that just be too bad?!

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »
Protesters intend to march with large banners that decry wealth inequality in the United States and to unveil a few colorful “floats” of their own, including a giant people-powered octopus, said Pete Thottam, an Occupy spokesman. The octopus will be made out of recycled bags, stretching 40 feet from tentacle to tentacle, and is designed to represent the stranglehold that Wall Street has on the political process, he said.

I thought all floats had to be covered in some form vegetable matter?
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »

The only vegetables are the OWS morons riding the float...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »

::rimshot::

Too funny, Libertas!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
Yah, Libertas; beat me to it, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »
Oh, and might I add...?

I hope the vegan's eat 'em and get sick and die!

::stirpot::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
A people powered octopus.......Hmmmmm....... Thier first job..... maybe..... I don't want to do the research, but my money is on the OWS crowd doesn't build it or operate it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
Good point...another Soros funded agitation op no doubt...at least that's what I'll tell people...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »
Good point...another Soros funded agitation op no doubt...at least that's what I'll tell people...

I doubt the crowd, peering at an octopus respesenting the 1%, will understand the protest, but a few well placed tomatos and a lot of booing would make my heart flutter.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »

I doubt the crowd, peering at an octopus respesenting the 1%, will understand the protest, but a few well placed tomatos and a lot of booing would make my heart flutter.

Heh, and let some cabbage rot out a bit, and chuck that!

::whoohoo::

That there would be good TV!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
[blockquote]
Obama-Endorsed #Occupy Goons Plan Guerilla Tactics & Assymetrical Warfare to Push Revolution in 2012

Warning to America’s superrich: Think Occupy Wall Street disappeared in winter’s cold? Wrong: The 99% just declared a new aggressive, covert special-ops war strategy to take back our democracy in 2012.

No more peaceful tent encampments in parks. No more Mahatma Gandhi nice-guy stuff. Not enough. Escalation time. Wall Street, the superrich and their Washington lobbyists are tone deaf, blinded by greed, trapped in their post-2008 business-as-usual bubble.

Warning; OWS tells us America’s going to be shocked by not one but hundreds of wake-up calls in 2012.
...[/blockquote]
Merry Christmas, Barry
Obama Civilian Security

Merry Christmas Barry.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »

Those would be nuts and fruits.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
I believe it will be the OWS crowd who will be playfully shocked if they attempt to block my passage to anywhere.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »
I believe it will be the OWS crowd who will be playfully painfully shocked if they attempt to block my passage to anywhere.

FIFY?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »
Institutions of the MFM have (in their minds) legitimized...given license to...any sort of behavior at all. Did not Time Magazine name their lunacy as its POTY? The thought of sunny downtown Pasadena being turned into a full on riot of the left is, I admit, one that I do not find all that bad. These people have encouraged these morons for decades. Time to pay up. Of course nothing may happen at all. But...you never know. A participant in the Occupy Eugene demonstration was beaten and choked to death last week presumably at the hands of his mentally disturbed brethren. That's right in the heart of left coast stupidity.

I think the parade is being carried on the Hallmark channel this year.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.