Author Topic: As long as THIS is the procedure, justice will NEVER be done  (Read 1283 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
As long as THIS is the procedure, justice will NEVER be done
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »
This brand of Leftists has learned that the burden of procedure under which congress must operate when investigating executive branch malfeasance can be undermined, stonewalled, and mocked in perpetuity. As long as these are the rules, and as long as opponents of the Left insist on following those rules to the letter, there will never be justice.

Take blood pressure meds, then watch.

Holder to Issa: 'Have You No Shame?'
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: As long as THIS is the procedure, justice will NEVER be done
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »

Have they sought contempt?  NO

Have they sent Federal Marshals to enforce the subpoenas?  NO

Unless congress exercises the authority invested in it this lawlessness will escalate.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »

Unless congress exercises the authority invested in it this lawlessness will escalate.

There in lies the problem until they stand up they will continue to be put down.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

There in lies the problem until they stand up they will continue to be put down.

And the longer WE go without warrants and arrests. ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »
If they persist in trying to avoid their constitutional responsibilities and exercising them to the fullest extent possible, then their negligence will lead others to conclude that the entire system is nonfunctional, totally incapable of exercising the will of the people let alone the precepts of constitutional law, and there will be acts of vigilantism filling the vacuum they left...giving Obama and the rest of Team Evil the very pretext they need to officially sweep away any remnants of republican government.  But apparently they are completely unable to see the big picture so whatever happens is going to have the full appearance of inevitability.

Oh well, SSDD, see you on the other side!

::hat-tip::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
Yep.  We have no representation, yet we have representatives. It's all theater at this point.

On a now daily basis it is communicated with resounding clarity that the citizen has no democratic means by which to constrain his government. They are preparing the ground for things we have not seen since Civil War I.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
Unbelievable......If I post what was running thru my mind, the CIA and the FBI would be knocking on my door.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »
More people need to wake up to what is happening to their liberty...I despair what level of tyrannical act is sufficiently egregious to shock people into realization, and shudder at what it would take to overcome it should that clarity be delayed much longer...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.