Author Topic: Hypocrites exposed  (Read 964 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Hypocrites exposed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:22:38 PM »
HT: instapundit....

Patriotic Millionaires Higher Taxes Treasury Department Donation The Daily Caller

I wish she would have pursied the line of questioning further.. Its not charity? Its something we are compelled to do by society? Ok. Show me in the Constitution where we agreed to give Congress the power to compel me to contribute to Welfare, Social Security, and Medicare? To Croynism and Graft?

Or  - individual contributions won't be enough, but compulsory ones will be? Okay, tell me how we will know when we have reached that point?

Or "Every heard of leading from the Front" - Don't liberals believe in setting a good example and  populist movements? If not, isn't that the same as saying that you only support government force and fascism as the only possible means to your end?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »

The median income in the U.S. is 100K.
The median income in D.C. is 900K.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
Translated: I have a gaggle of CPA's who protect me from paying "my fair share". You should too.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
But it shouldn't have to be that way Don!  The Founders would be going ballistic if they saw the size of US Code let alone just the tax code!

::rockets::

End it don't mend it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »
But it shouldn't have to be that way Don!  The Founders would be going ballistic if they saw the size of US Code let alone just the tax code!

End it don't mend it!

I'm sitting here.....My CPA telling me I should buy or replace a few pieces of equipment before the end of the year ( actually pay).....so I can REDUCE my tax burden. Only in America??? Honestly, I hate this time of year.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »
But it shouldn't have to be that way Don!  The Founders would be going ballistic if they saw the size of US Code let alone just the tax code!

End it don't mend it!

I'm sitting here.....My CPA telling me I should buy or replace a few pieces of equipment before the end of the year ( actually pay).....so I can REDUCE my tax burden. Only in America??? Honestly, I hate this time of year.

In my moonlighting job I am giving the same advice.

Sucks, doesn't it?  Instead of being able to use your income as you see fit, you have to first think of stuff you can do to keep it out of the hands of the bloodsucking looters!

ETA - I hope you get good good depreciation advice (S.179 is nice on the Fed side, sucks royally on MN state side) and I think everyone knows how bad payroll bonus payments are, I've been recommending extra regular paychecks instead to avoid tax overreach!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:37:17 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 06:47:36 PM »

No bonuses only supplemental checks which seemed to
fall close to those important solar phases.