Author Topic: Fed - $1T more for Europe  (Read 973 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fed - $1T more for Europe
« on: December 19, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/fed-may-inject-over-1-trillion-bail-out-europe

And the global Ponzi scheme rolls on...

Isn't this great?  We can keep this up...forever!

/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline michelleo

Re: Fed - $1T more for Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »
Then we could just erase all the debt from all the books of all the world. It's all a farce anyway.

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
We could.

But then that would be a reward to the parasites...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »
We could.

If you mean "final reward" then sure. At some point, these debts will simply be wiped off of the books. Either by outright default, or by partial defaults negotiated or done via currency printing.  Of course I think the intelligent bet is on the last, as politcans have every incentive to kick the can without owning up to the problem.  No matter what, confidence in the system and the currency  is shaken, money is pulled from Banks, Credit freezes, production slows, and those on the bottom are left with nothing - no government handouts. No jobs. No prospects.  They will get what they deserve in the end. The problem is, that those  who were frugal, responsible adults, saving and investing and then caught unawares ( there are fewer of those every day) will find themselves in the same boat as the deadbeats. But make no mistake that boat ride is not going to be pleasant.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
We could.

If you mean "final reward" then sure. At some point, these debts will simply be wiped off of the books. Either by outright default, or by partial defaults negotiated or done via currency printing.  Of course I think the intelligent bet is on the last, as politcans have every incentive to kick the can without owning up to the problem.  No matter what, confidence in the system and the currency  is shaken, money is pulled from Banks, Credit freezes, production slows, and those on the bottom are left with nothing - no government handouts. No jobs. No prospects.  They will get what they deserve in the end. The problem is, that those  who were frugal, responsible adults, saving and investing and then caught unawares ( there are fewer of those every day) will find themselves in the same boat as the deadbeats. But make no mistake that boat ride is not going to be pleasant.

It totally sucks, but I agree you are very likely correct.  I would like all of the guilty punished now so all are not punished later.

But unfortunately I am used to great disappointment...