Author Topic: OWS promises 2012 escalation of tactics, pushing warfare  (Read 13761 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: OWS promises 2012 escalation of tactics, pushing warfare
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2012, 09:24:29 AM »
So this photo essay by Zombie focuses on an even further left extreme segment of the Occupy movement. They, in fact, don't even seem to like the Occupy movement but are rather, using it as a springboard for their even more radical agenda. Regardless, the Occupy movement doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that this group would like to kill all of the white members of the occupy movement and so they cohabitate within the same political sphere of influence and even seem to get along quite well. It would only be after Occupy has taken over the world that this other group would then swoop in and kill everyone that was white and enjoy the spoils of their labor.

Looking over some of the pictures I saw a couple interesting signs from the 'mostly' peaceful movement:

'The Molatov Rag' on a pin being worn by some leftist chick and;

'One man with a gun can control 100 without one'.

Fun stuff that...

Also, be sure to surf on through to the decolonization manifesto that Zombie has provided for all those people that '...Have Considered Occupation But Found It Is Not Enuf.'.

Anyway, I'll shut up now so you can click the link and bask in the glory that is the Decolonization/Occupy rally in Oakland on May 1st.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
Two words: Street Sweeper.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
If that was the video that I saw the other day...pretty funny. That OWS idiot went down like a sack of wet mice. I'm guessing he might not come back to the protest party for a while.

Also of note: The air really seems to be coming out of the tires on this year's OWS protests. They have the core Marxists there but the crowds that fleshed it out last year just aren't there this time. So they are either too broke to participate or just bored with the whole thing and have moved on to other things. IOW...it's not "in" to be a dirty, filthy OWS hippie this year. Fashion is quite a bitch.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
There was an article a few days back that gave a few numbers concerning the OWS' big hurrah on 'may day'.

The May Day protest was significantly smaller than last year's, which drew about 1,000 people. Organizers said turnout last year was greater, in part, because the rally was on a Sunday, rather than during the work week.

After you read through the article you see that there were about 1,000 'protesters' nationwide (at least that's the impression I got from it). May day was supposed to be their big continuation from last year, the big party to kick everything off. That doesn't seem like a whole lot to me. So I guess what I'm trying to say Trap, is I think you're observation is pretty accurate.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »
There was an article a few days back that gave a few numbers concerning the OWS' big hurrah on 'may day'.

The May Day protest was significantly smaller than last year's, which drew about 1,000 people. Organizers said turnout last year was greater, in part, because the rally was on a Sunday, rather than during the work week.

After you read through the article you see that there were about 1,000 'protesters' nationwide (at least that's the impression I got from it). May day was supposed to be their big continuation from last year, the big party to kick everything off. That doesn't seem like a whole lot to me. So I guess what I'm trying to say Trap, is I think you're observation is pretty accurate.

Wait.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
I will be happy to wait.

And I will be surprised if they can re-create what they had last year. People are tired of it. It's been done before. It's old. It's not hip. A lot of people will think back to the last year's miserable experience and decide to go to the beach instead.

We are seeing the same thing play out in the O'Bongo World Re-Election Tour where he is drawing half or less than half of the number of suckers that he did four years ago. The magic is over. It's over with O'Bongo and it's over with OWS.

More than a few people will think to themselves, correctly, "What did we change?" And the answer is "nothing." So there will also be a tendency to believe that nothing will change if they expend their time and energy this summer. So why bother?

Things like this are typically one shot wonders. Woodstock was like that. They were never able to make 1969 happen again.

So the takeaway from this (if it doesn't come together again) is that they screwed up by doing it last year instead of this year.

But...on the bright side...it looks as if the Democrat National Convention in North Carolina might end up being a complete disaster with lots of protests and maybe even a full scale riot. So, don't give up hope.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
I'm thinking yer OWS hippie, slacker delegate will have been disenheartened, just as you predict.  What I'm waiting for is the unions -- SEIU, AFSCME, you name 'em, and the LaRaza/Mecha contingent -- to up the ante.

Yes, the DNC convention will be a mess, but I don't believe that'll be the worst because the summer/fall is the last gasp for putting this particular machine in gear.

If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to be so.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
I'm not saying that there won't be something. There will be something but it won't be like last year.

Returning to the Woodstock analogy...

If you look at the history of the culture at that time you had the Woodstock "peace and love" hippies in the early part of the summer. All fine and well. The festival went off without any trouble (defined as rapes or murders) and everyone thought that a new era had somehow been ushered in. Except that it hadn't. It was only a few months later at the end of the summer that "Woodstock West" better known as Altamont happened. Like Woodstock, it was also documented on film in the movie "Gimme Shelter." If you seen it (I have) it records the bizarre stabbing death of a doped-to-the-gills hippie by a member of the Hells Angels (who had been hired to provide security at the event). Altamont and Woodstock, separated by only weeks, attended by more or less the same people were vastly different in outcome. The magic was over. The lightning in a bottle of Woodstock could not be recaptured.

Not that Woodstock and OWS are comparable. Woodstock was originally a profit making venture whereas OWS was purely a vehicle for chaos. Woodstock had a product for sale, (mostly) good music and lots of it. OWS has nothing to offer its participants except unending days of misery and abuse, possible jail time for...nothing. But I do believe that the non-repeatability of Woodstock as a phenomenon is a good analogy for the OWS model. I don't believe that it can be repeated. Not successfully. I believe that any effort to force a repeat will end in a very ugly and violent way. Thus, my comparison to Altamont.

So...there may be attempts to make it happen again and they may have some level of participation but I believe it won't be the same. And I further believe that it will will not make for good PR for the O'Bongo forces. And, hey, maybe the DNC in NC will be Altamont. Wouldn't that be something?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2012, 10:31:16 PM »
I'm not saying that there won't be something. There will be something but it won't be like last year.

No, it won't be like last year.  The OWSers will be replaced by union thugs and their sympathizers. And the Black smash mobs.  It will be worse.

Returning to the Woodstock analogy...

If you look at the history of the culture at that time you had the Woodstock "peace and love" hippies in the early part of the summer. All fine and well. The festival went off without any trouble (defined as rapes or murders) and everyone thought that a new era had somehow been ushered in. Except that it hadn't. It was only a few months later at the end of the summer that "Woodstock West" better known as Altamont happened. Like Woodstock, it was also documented on film in the movie "Gimme Shelter." If you seen it (I have) it records the bizarre stabbing death of a doped-to-the-gills hippie by a member of the Hells Angels (who had been hired to provide security at the event). Altamont and Woodstock, separated by only weeks, attended by more or less the same people were vastly different in outcome. The magic was over. The lightning in a bottle of Woodstock could not be recaptured.

Not that Woodstock and OWS are comparable. Woodstock was originally a profit making venture whereas OWS was purely a vehicle for chaos. Woodstock had a product for sale, (mostly) good music and lots of it. OWS has nothing to offer its participants except unending days of misery and abuse, possible jail time for...nothing. But I do believe that the non-repeatability of Woodstock as a phenomenon is a good analogy for the OWS model. I don't believe that it can be repeated. Not successfully. I believe that any effort to force a repeat will end in a very ugly and violent way. Thus, my comparison to Altamont.

So...there may be attempts to make it happen again and they may have some level of participation but I believe it won't be the same. And I further believe that it will will not make for good PR for the O'Bongo forces. And, hey, maybe the DNC in NC will be Altamont. Wouldn't that be something?

It won't be the same.  The organizers won't be looking to recreate OWS, they're on to bigger things.   The marxists tried their hand on OWS, found it good, and will be using their talents on a larger, more violent scale.  They've learned a great deal from what was fomented in Wisconsin.  While the public was focused on that, the union thugs undid Kasich's work in Ohio.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2012, 10:59:31 PM »
Well, if their intent is to do something on the scale of the 1968 DNC convention it will be met with the same negative public reaction.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2012, 01:17:51 AM »
Well, if their intent is to do something on the scale of the 1968 DNC convention it will be met with the same negative public reaction.

I'm not sure the chaos and violence they foment will be seen by the public at large.  How long has the media carried OWS/Wisconsin water as "just like the Tea Party"?

I believe the point is intimidation of the onsite public -- and without widespread reporting, who is going to know such events are choreographed and aren't localized except us news and internet junkies.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

I'm not sure the chaos and violence they foment will be seen by the public at large.  How long has the media carried OWS/Wisconsin water as "just like the Tea Party"?

I believe the point is intimidation of the onsite public -- and without widespread reporting, who is going to know such events are choreographed and aren't localized except us news and internet junkies.

I don't know. If they raise the violence to 1968 levels or more, how can the press ignore it? Even the lamestream media knows violence sells.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »

I don't know. If they raise the violence to 1968 levels or more, how can the press ignore it? Even the lamestream media knows violence sells.

Easy.  These people are victims, victimized by evil rich republicans, evil rich bankers, evil rich CEO's...it's all been set up by the MFM after decades of demonization....Joseph Goebbels couldn't have devised a better plan to assist their political friends!  You got to hand it to the Democrat-Media Complex, they make the so-called Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy look like a bunch of pikers!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
Remember how the media rushed to splainaway the LA riots? Sure, it left a bitter taste, but not nearly commensurate with the outrage that should have been directed at the Black community. Instead the outrage was deflected systematically until a narrative took root that justified the Black riots as responding to oppression.

In the end, the Leftist ball was moved forward, and in spite of the negative PR garnered by the violence, Black on White racism gained lightyears worth of mainstream acceptance.

I think Trap's right that they'll bring scorn on themselves and that it'll make for bad politics. But. Don't think that necessarily means they'll fail in their objective.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
Indeed. They don't mind taking two steps forward and one step back. Look at the 2010 midterms. They got waxed in the election. But what harm has it really done them? They still achieved their goal of socialized medicine, and that's what it was all about. They'll be able to hang ornaments on that tree for generations.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
Indeed. They don't mind taking two steps forward and one step back. Look at the 2010 midterms. They got waxed in the election. But what harm has it really done them? They still achieved their goal of socialized medicine, and that's what it was all about. They'll be able to hang ornaments on that tree for generations.

Viz Detroit.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
LINK

A new report says Occupy Los Angeles cost taxpayers at least $4.7 million, two-thirds of which was spent policing the protest.

Soooo...when will the OWS leadership get the bill I wonder?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
LINK

A new report says Occupy Los Angeles cost taxpayers at least $4.7 million, two-thirds of which was spent policing the protest.

Soooo...when will the OWS leadership get the bill I wonder?

Pocket change for Soros, I'm sure ...

Cloward & Piven.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 07:15:54 AM »
Well, well, well...look who is struggling to regain any semblance of relevance...

http://cnsnews.com/blog/dan-gainor/occupy-hit-40-corporate-targets-anniversary-protests-disguised-business-attire

Hopefully this goes over about as well as an overloaded diaper...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
And so , with a cough and a fart , it rolled over and died . Move along , folks ... nothing to see here .