Author Topic: SEAL Team 6 To The Rescue Again  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
SEAL Team 6 To The Rescue Again
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
"After killing the Somali captors, the commandos found Buchanan and Thisted unharmed in an outdoor encampment and freed them. AP, quoting Somali pirates who had spoken with their counterparts at the scene of the raid, said the guards had been chewing the narcotic leaf qat for much of the evening and may have been sleeping as the U.S. forces approached."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-forces-rescue-kidnapped-aid-workers-jessica-buchanan-and-poul-hagen-thisted-in-somalia/2012/01/25/gIQA7WopPQ_story.html

God Bless our brave boys!

::USA::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: SEAL Team 6 To The Rescue Again
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
Great job by the SEALs, again.  What do you think are the odds that one of these rescued hostages comes out with some lefty nonsense about deploring that violence was used in their rescue?  They were working for some Danish refugee group on landmine disposal and such. My spidey sense is registering "Leftists".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
Yeah, I wondered that too, but I wasn't going to let it sully the SEALs.

If these people want to crap on the actions of their liberators, fine, I'll tear into them on that score, but the honor of these liberators is inviolate.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »

Ron Paul would say those fools should be responsible for their actions/decisions.  He's right.
I say no State or the inhabitants of any State should ever take physical action against
an American citizen without the fear of certain retribution.  Ever.

Perdicaris alive or Raisuli dead

Good job SEALs. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
Holy crap.  The face gear would scare the living daylights outta me!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »
...They were working for some Danish refugee group on landmine disposal and such. My spidey sense is registering "Leftists".

That's probably why O'Chimpster was willing to risk American lives to get them out.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 11:34:39 PM »

I think the fellow on the far right is wearing a prosthesis.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
By golly I think you're right, CO.  Puts a whole new twist on the "I'll rip your arm off and beat ya ta death with it?", dunnit.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I think that fella is sporting the MK-11 (SR-25) medium sniper rifle, which means he gets to support his mates by carving up enemy melons with 7.62x51mm slugs.

::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
Here is another example of the media unintentionally revealing its thoroughly alien mindset:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57366361/rescued-americans-dad-proud-of-the-u.s/

The title of the article is:  Rescued American's dad "proud" of the U.S.

Does anyone else find it immediately odd that this would not only be their headline, but that they use quotation marks to describe his emotion?  I can just imagine the haughty disbelief the editors had, that some probably hayseed hick went all flag-waver over this. They are so detached from the reality of actual Americans that they report on us like it's narration in some nature documentary.  Rush talks about this same phenomenon with the MFM, how during the Iowa caucuses they were reporting from the field like they were visiting a foreign country. And in most respects, they were. 
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
Here is another example of the media unintentionally revealing its thoroughly alien mindset:  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57366361/rescued-americans-dad-proud-of-the-u.s/

The title of the article is:  Rescued American's dad "proud" of the U.S.

Does anyone else find it immediately odd that this would not only be their headline, but that they use quotation marks to describe his emotion?  I can just imagine the haughty disbelief the editors had, that some probably hayseed hick went all flag-waver over this. They are so detached from the reality of actual Americans that they report on us like it's narration in some nature documentary.  Rush talks about this same phenomenon with the MFM, how during the Iowa caucuses they were reporting from the field like they were visiting a foreign country. And in most respects, they were. 

Simultaneously depressing and outrageous, G.