Author Topic: Obama doing poor job.  (Read 794 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Obama doing poor job.
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20111228/US.AP.Economy.Survey.Politics/

"The economists' criticisms vary. Some say Obama was distracted by his health care overhaul. Others say his $862 billion stimulus program was poorly designed. Still others fault him for not pushing for an even bigger stimulus when the economy proved weaker than expected."

"Jamal Simmons, an adviser to the Obama campaign in 2008, said the president must remind voters how bad things were when he took office. The economy lost more than 820,000 jobs the month Obama was sworn in, the biggest drop since October 1949."

When the economists on the left are whining the stimulus wasn't large enough and misspent, others are both blaming and praising bernake and lamenting an election strategy should be to remind people how bads things were when obummer took office.....

As we subject ourselves to romney apologists in the story pushing his presidency......as the "Answer".

Holy chit we are screwed.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Obama doing poor job.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
Boy, this thread title is in the running for the Cap'n Obvious Understatement of the Year.

::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »
As well as

"Holy chit we are screwed"

::bashing::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »

You mean raising taxes for a tax cut isn't a good idea?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
The best analogy I can come up is that for the last three years Stymie has been painting the out-house while the barn burned down . It's as simple as that .  ::oldman::
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:06:10 AM by Sectionhand »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
And the outhouse is beginning to overflow...some stink you just can't hide...

And like that stinky outhouse, Obama can't hide either!!!

There he is!  Get 'em!

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
In some ways I feel better about the political situation, because we are so well and truly screwed that it doesn't matter what this nation of morons does in the voting booth. We have a date with Reality, and "I'm washing my hair" won't work as an excuse any longer.

Still, I continue to see all these articles from the ever-skittish punditry cautioning Republican candidates about what the latest polls show being "unpopular" cuts or "popular" programs. Shows just how much of a gulf there is between them and Reality. What people "like" doesn't amount to a hill of beans now. Social Security can be the "third rail of politics" all it wants, doesn't matter. The jig is up. All that remains is our Greece scenario, when that cold splash of reality gets the looters up and agitated, hurling firebombs in the streets.

The response to that could be a profound opportunity. All the drains and burdens on our civilization are about to proudly self-identify as such.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
Agreed, the script is written, it's just a matter of how much dancing goes on before the main curtain goes up.  What happens at that point we can speculate about till we turn blue.  I just hope there is an opportunity and not a nefarious fait accompli.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.