Author Topic: Bumpersticker contest  (Read 724 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Bumpersticker contest
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

charlesoakwood

Re: Bumpersticker contest
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:11:27 PM »

[blockquote]
Ron Paul
same foreign policy
+
a real dollar with a stable economy
[/blockquote]  

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »

[blockquote]
Ron Paul
same foreign policy
+
a real dollar with a stable economy
[/blockquote]  

No, Obama has every intent of getting us into WWIII...you know after Israel is as good as gone.
I am pretty sure Paul would declare a great turning inward and pretend the rest of the world wasn't there. You see, that's the crazy bit.

I have fewer problems with Paul on domestic policy, and he seems to get Federalism better than most politicans and even most conservatives.  Problem is, I don't think the man has the political finesse to actually achieve anything he wants to do.  Sure, he could try dissolving the Fed by executive order,  try putting us back on the gold standard the same way etc.  IN the end, he would solidly roadblock the Federal Government, which would probably enrage the populace at large and sabotage his own efforts. Again, with the crazy.  While I believe by and large Ron Paul would be trying to push us back to where we should be, I don't have any faith he would do so using means that are actually likely to accomplish lasting gains.

But as my contributions to the Bumpersticker contest reveal, that doesn't discount him from the running:

Ron Paul 2012: After you abandon hope, who is elected  President in 2012 doesn't matter much
Ron Paul 2012: Anyone who wants the job at this point is either power hungry, stupid, or crazy. Of these, Crazy is the best choice.
Ron Paul 2012: Your choices are a crazy man Obsessed with the constitution, an unprincipled RINO who is so stupid he will unwittingly run roughshod over the Constitution, or Obama who actively seeks to destroy America and the Constitution
Ron Paul 2012: 4 years of the Federal government doing nothing, controlling nothing, and accomplishing nothing might be better than the alternative
Ron Paul 2012: The best way to torture the GOP establishment for what they have done
Ron Paul 2012: Maybe the U.S. SHOULD sit out World War III

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
The secret dream of democrats

" Hilliary 4 President"
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline michelleo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 05:14:42 PM »
The-Reality-Challenged for Obama

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
The-Reality-Challenged for Obama

LOL.......Liberals everywhere are wishing H.Clinton really was black....LOL
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
Crazy? Desperate? Bored?
Ron Paul 2012

Caveat: Weisshaupt makes a nice point on crazy perhaps being the best option...I am not there yet...I don't think isolationism will work today (we do not have the architecture in place to simply remove ourselves from the rest of the world...we would have to be energy independent and that means drilling everywhere and anywhere and building new refineries etc, we would need to reinvest in manufacturing and that means breaking unions and digging big holes for minerals, we would need to improve education and again that involves breaking unions, and we would have to repatriate all wealth back into our country, and that means pissing off just about everyone)...if we were more self-sufficient I would have less reason to fear a Paul presidency, as it is...and you throw in the fringe libertarian views on domestic stuff like drugs and prostitution etc...nope, not there yet.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.