Author Topic: Re: Cult Watch: Islamic Edition  (Read 1224 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Cult Watch: Islamic Edition
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
I listened and read the headline of the story "Shocking, Husband Dressed as Santa
Kills Family". Well, I thought, it's just another Texas shoot 'em up story and never
paid attention to it.  I was wrong.

Thumbing back to the archives for the forward to this topic:

Nope. It was just yer typical domestic violence motivated crime, dontchya know. Do they REALLY think people believe this sh*t anymore???

NPR Insists Buffalo Wife's Beheading by Muslim Outreach TV Founder Has No Islamic Overtones

Almost the entire media skipped this chilling honor-killing verdict from Arizona on Tuesday, from Reuters: "An Arizona jury on Tuesday found an Iraqi immigrant guilty of second-degree murder for running down his daughter with a Jeep because she had become too Westernized." Faleh Almaleki killed his daughter Noor in October 2009 because she spurned his arranged marriage and was living with her boyfriend. Apparently, to report this is to be "Islamophobic."

NPR skipped Almaleki, but they noted the verdict in another horrific killing on Monday night's All Things Considered: Aasiya Hassan was beheaded by her husband Mozzamil in 2009 as the two headed a Buffalo television project designed to create better understanding about Muslims. NPR reporter Dina Temple-Raston's objective was to deny this crime was about Islam. Instead, she said, it was simply about domestic violence.

NPR anchor Robert Siegel tried to explain that "at the time, the media seized on the murder as an honor killing. That's a killing allowed in some Muslim societies when shame has been brought on a family. But NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports from Buffalo, the Hassan case is really about domestic violence and it forced an entire community to reckon with stereotypes...."

The whole thing is worth a read. Media as domestic enemy, and all that...

Now, on to Santa.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:35:01 AM by Charles Oakwood »

charlesoakwood

Re: Culture Watch: Islamic Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:42:29 AM »

Texas: Christmas day slaughter was Islamic honor killing
[blockquote]I saw this story a couple of days ago where an Iranian man, Aziz Yazdanpanah, dressed as Santa Claus killed six family members that included “Nasrin Rahmaty, 55, who was Yazdanpanah’s wife; Nona Yazdanpanah, 19, his daughter; Ali Yazdanpanah, 15, his son; Zohreh Rahmaty, 58, his sister-in-law; Hossein Zarei, 59, his brother-in-law; and Sahra Zarei, 22, his niece.

My first thought was that it was possibly an Islamic honor killing, however there was so little information released and of course our politically correct media isn’t going to label it that.

However,Jihad Watch has found an article by the Dallas Morning News that provides details that sure sound like what we’ve come to know as a classic Islamic honor killing. At the bottom of the article the DMN provides insight from the daughter’s classmates:
 [/blockquote]
[blockquote]

DALLAS MORNING NEWS
…But a more ominous portrait emerged of Yazdanpanah in interviews with some of his daughter’s other classmates.

“She would come to school crying and telling us her dad was crazy,” said Lacie Reed, 18. “He wouldn’t let her wear certain things. He was always taking her phone away, checking her call history and checking her text messages.”...
[/blockquote]

First Link

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
Interesting thread. Someone pm me when it gets to the part where muzzies have culture.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:54:39 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »

Oh, but they do have a culture, it is known as the culture of death.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 02:35:23 AM »
Jeez, I check my kids' call history and text messages. As far as I know, they don't go to school crying, and I have no impulse to kill them dressed in a Santa suit.

Islam is just messed up.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
Islam is just messed up.

That would be the understatement of the year.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »
Islam is just messed up.

That's what I was thinking too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
Islam is just messed up.

Does it rival Don's "Obama is doing a poor job"???

::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Re: Culture Watch: Islamic Edition
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »

Oh, but they do have a culture, it is known as the culture of death.

Yes, well so do jackals but no one associates "culture" with them.

cul·ture? ?[kuhl-cher]

noun

1.the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.

2.that which is excellent in the arts, manners, etc.

3.a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period: Greek culture.

4.development or improvement of the mind by education or training.

5.the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group: the youth culture; the drug culture.

I'm looking at this list and I just don't see it. Some might argue that number three is close but I would say that "civilization" or in this case, lack thereof would be a dis-qualifier. Similarly, number five also doesn't quite make it because islam is none of those either. I think what is more appropriate when trying to categorize islam is this variant:

cult? ?[kuhlt]  

noun

1.a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.

2.an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.

3.the object of such devotion.

4.a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

5.Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.

When I think of islam there are some words that immediately come to mind...killing, torture, rape, dismemberment, submission, murder, terror, explosions, beheadings, intolerance, slavery, etc. When I think of islamic "charities" I am reminded of money laundering outfits that sponsor killing and terror. Nothing even vaguely associated with the word "culture" ever suggests itself to me when thinking about islam. On the other hand, I can easily see other religions qualifying as cultural. Lots of religions contribute and have contributed to the culture through scholarly pursuits, etc. Islam does not and has not contributed anything of cultural value to the world. Worse, its followers have made it a point to destroy culture and cultural artifacts whenever the mood strikes them which, sadly, is an almost moment by moment kind of thing. Some of these instances even make the news. Since it is so common, though, most atrocities do not...

GHAZNI, Afghanistan, March 13 (AP) -

At least two weeks before Afghanistan's supreme ruler ordered all statues in the country destroyed, zealous Taliban soldiers wielding pickaxes hacked an ancient Buddhist-Hindu complex here to rubble, scrawling graffiti on the walls, a Taliban guard said.

"We confront the idols of non-Muslims and destroy them,'' read one message etched in a wall in Pashtu, the language of Afghanistan's majority Pashtun ethnic group.

Arriving packed aboard four pickup trucks, the soldiers spent several days swarming over the complex, built in tiers up the side of a hill from the second to seventh centuries, said Mullah Saeed Jan, a Taliban guard at the site.

An ancient baked clay statue of Buddha, beheaded decades ago, was hacked into small pieces, among the relics destroyed at the complex at Ghazni, 120 miles southwest of the Afghan capital, Kabul.

The Buddha was here, but we have smashed it,'' Jan said Tuesday, wrapped in a dirty brown blanket to protect against the cold wind sweeping the arid plains.

Typically, destruction of historical artifacts is not associated with the word "culture." Nazi book burning comes to mind.

Here is a video of some happy-go-lucky muslim cultists destroying a Coptic Christian church in Egypt:

Or in Indonesia (Obama's adopted spawning pit):

Jakarta (AsiaNews) - Islamic fundamentalists in the district of Bekasi, 30 km east of Jakarta, have obtained the destruction of a statue of "Three young women," because it was deemed blasphemous. The bare chest and symbols related to the number "three" - the Trinity of Christian nature - make the work of art "obscene" and "desecrate" the religion of Mohammed. The sculptor has expressed disappointment and disbelief at the destruction, ordered last June 19 by the local authorities, describing the act "stupid and misleading." The Bekasi district thus registers as a new episode of religious extremism after attacks on churches and Christian buildings. Theatre of a rapid urbanization, the area not far from the Indonesian capital has not been able to harmonise economic development and peaceful coexistence, especially between Christians and Muslims.

Happens all the time, all around the world...has been happening for centuries.

So, maybe I am picking nits here but I just have a hard time associating "culture" with a group of people from different races, countries and eras who spend the vast majority of their time pursuing wholesale rape, death, destruction and terror.

"Cult" seems more appropriate to me. As in, Jonestown.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:05:08 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
Islam is just messed up.

Does it rival Don's "Obama is doing a poor job"???

::hysterical::

Yup.

What I was also thinking was "Oh, look; IDP's feeling mellow today ... ".   ::rolllaughing::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
So, maybe I am picking nits here but I just have a hard time associating "culture" with a group of people from different races, countries and eras who spend the vast majority of their time pursuing wholesale rape, death, destruction and terror.

"Cult" seems more appropriate to me. As in, Jonestown.

I'd say you made the case quite well.

I vote to convict.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 10:35:54 AM »

I agree.
Re: Culture Watch: Islamic Edition, will heretofore be known as Cult Watch: Islamic Edition.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »
I endorse that change!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.