Author Topic: MSTK season 14 Crowdfund open  (Read 124 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
MSTK season 14 Crowdfund open
« on: October 25, 2023, 10:06:05 AM »
For those who may be interested.

https://showmaker.mst3k.com/profiles/mystery-science-theater-3000

Season 13 actually was a pretty bright spot for me .  Even watched one episode while preparing for my colonoscopy, and some how it made even that more pleasant. I missed the original crowdfund so paid  $140 for access to season 13.

Now I am on the mailing list and in the know, I sponsored the S14 Digital package for $85..downloadable episodes and 12 months gizmoplex subscription ( this will end up to be between 6-12 episodes).  At this point I have so many MST3K discs its just easier to keep making them and adding them to the cases , but they also have a Season 14 bluray box set reward for $65.  Of course there are t-shirts and other what not.  The 12 episode goal is a bit higher than they asked for last time.. but we all know who to thank for that. But given past crowd funds I would expect this to to hit at least the 9 episode goal. Its been open less than 24 hours, and they are already over 3/4 million .  30 days left to go.

All of this is delivered via the Gizmoplex - for which they have various apps so you can watch it where you like- and they have livestreams, special events for subscribers etc.. you can also watch the classic episodes there for free without subscription - they are also still carried on multiple streaming services (freevee, vudu and I heard, but did not verify,  they were airing Season 13 there now as well) -- they are slowly working through the catalog and up-scaling  the old episodes as well so not everything looks like it was recorded on VHS ( Keep circulating the tapes!)  So plenty of free ways to get the content as well.. The crowdfund is largely to just make more Episodes.   ( I think they said 1% is going to keep the gizmoplex running)