Author Topic: Trap's Movie Thread  (Read 231995 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Trap's Movie Thread
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
Well, here's a little something to look forward to this fall. Due out in September which gives you plenty of time to watch the two earlier films if for some reason you haven't already seen them...

Will it follow the formula of the other two? Almost certainly. Which means it will be hard for it to go wrong.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
And I really want to see this. I know that it has Jim Carrey in it but he isn't starring in it so I think that I can justify seeing it even though it has that as a douche factor.

This might be one of those rare sequels that is better than the original. Maybe.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
I saw that Riddick trailer earlier this morning. It looks like "Pitch Black 2" to me. I REALLY liked how the "Chronicles of Riddick" movie took the character out of Pitch Black and placed him in a completely different, unique, very cool sci-fi universe. Hopefully this new film will at least capture the essence of both, rather than rehashing the plot of Pitch Black.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
I'm good with "new and different" as long as that translates to "good movie."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
I love the Riddick flicks.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »

Me too.  I do not love whatshername -- Sackoff -- though.  Maybe they'll kill her off early.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2013, 10:19:29 AM »

Me too.  I do not love whatshername -- Sackoff -- though.  Maybe they'll kill her off early.

Wouldn't count on it. Looks like the main female character to me. Riddick always has a chick pining after him.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »

Wouldn't count on it. Looks like the main female character to me. Riddick always has a chick pining after him.

Killjoy.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »
Riddick I'll see... "Whose the better killer?"

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »
Like I needed more reason not to watch the Oscars...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ellen-degeneres-to-host-oscars-1200566939/

::mooning::

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »
Like I needed more reason not to watch the Oscars...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ellen-degeneres-to-host-oscars-1200566939/

::mooning::

Like I would ever want to watch a bunch of asshat liberals pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for being asshat liberals.

::rockets::
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2013, 10:45:29 PM »
Like I would ever want to watch a bunch of asshat liberal high school dropouts pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for being asshat liberals.

Slight edit.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #432 on: August 03, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
the Oscars are the liberals' beauty pageant without....the beauty

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »
 ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #435 on: August 03, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
 No wonder they're pissed off all the time.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »

Yep.  "Beauty knows no pain".  Except when it does.  Soon as ole Julianna sat down, she prolly whipped those bad boys off, Gunsmith sez.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #437 on: August 04, 2013, 12:06:14 AM »

Yep.  "Beauty knows no pain".  Except when it does.  Soon as ole Julianna sat down, she prolly whipped those bad boys off, Gunsmith sez.

There would have to be a sado/masochistic element involved to find beauty in those shoes as worn. The only thing missing is barbed wire straps.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #438 on: August 04, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »
There would have to be a sado/masochistic element involved to find beauty in those shoes as worn.

No beauty but probably a famous designer.

Incidentally, if one of my kids tried on shoes and they looked that we wouldn't be buying them no matter who designed them.  Even if they were FREE.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #439 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:16 AM »
Haven't seen it, not going to see it...and this info does nothing but reinforce that desire...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/08/07/elysium-drector-star-matt-damon-deny-movie-has-political-agenda/