Author Topic: Trap's Movie Thread  (Read 237726 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Trap's Movie Thread
« Reply #800 on: January 02, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
I bought into TFA hype. There are reasons to like the film but when you advertise a blockbuster don't give me a film which was edited out of the original.

But....I will watch at least one of the sequels. If it underwhelms, it'll be free on TV in 6 months. Plus, I want to see Luke teach her how to use his light saber. ::cool:: ::mooning:: ::danceban::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #801 on: January 03, 2016, 01:12:28 AM »
Typical Star Wars, only good.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #802 on: January 03, 2016, 05:49:16 AM »
The Force Awakens Sucks or How I learned to stop worrying and love Star Wars the Phantom Menace

https://youtu.be/ZPgtvVTmJMg

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #803 on: January 03, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
The Force Awakens Sucks or How I learned to stop worrying and love Star Wars the Phantom Menace

https://youtu.be/ZPgtvVTmJMg
Ha, that was indeed amusing.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #804 on: January 03, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »
I wasted a little time and read a few of the comments for amusement

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #805 on: January 03, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »
Vader worship, yeah...jeesh, needed a bad guy with the Dark Side, so hey let's worship a melted helmet of a guy who slayed his Master for his son and hope nobody asks any questions as to how that mucks up the story.  Seriously, if a young girl can spontaneously develop Light skills the template is established to have Dark skills without mask worship.

And yeah the similarities in the story line to the original is eerily similar, it's like the motive for the entire move was to exorcise Lucas, basically saying he got the story wrong.  But really the story is fine, where Lucas made an error was with giving dumbass Saturday morning cartoon critters bigger and bigger roles, all he had to do is cut that crap out and all this new episode had to do was not make the same mistake, which they did but they made all new ones by mucking up the fairytale story that harkens back to morality tales by Homer.

That and my already stated gloss-over of critical progression lines and so many shortcuts and ideas shotgunned at us killed this.  I could have lived with some of the minor fails if they avoided big fails.  In the end it is a muddle, not bad filmography and effects, great escape/chase scene, the new girl was probably the only performance that sucked the least...the whole First Order thing seems weak.  This guy in the youtube commentary nailed that speech part, what a hilariously stupid scene!

All they had to do was not eff up the recipe.  They effed up the recipe.  As I stated before, it could be repaired in the next episode, but they just upped the ante on the stakes.  Part of me thinks they don't care and will do whatever they want, because the thing is generating piles of cash.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #806 on: January 06, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »
Michael Bay’s “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.”  Based upon the book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi”.  Comes out later this month.  It will no doubt focus on the aspects on the ground as experienced by those who were there, so from that standpoint I am hopeful Bay stays accurate there.  Where I have a beef though, is when Hollywood is presented other opportunities like this in the past that occurred under the oppositions watch, they take liberty to put the blame on them...and even change events on the ground to fit their narrative.  Here we have clear evidence Clinton took her 3am call on hung up and let people die, and the REMFs in the Pentagon followed suit...all to protect the gunrunning to Daesh-ladden Syrian rebels!  And not one word of this will ever be uttered in the film.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

Anyway, the families of the fallen and those who were there know who is to blame but Hollywood continues to ignore it...because it makes their guy and their gal look painfully awful.

Pisses me off to no end!!!

Good people die...and they and their relatives get crapped on, over and over again...   ::pullhair::

Honestly, I don't know if I can go see this.  It will just get me irate all over again!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #807 on: January 09, 2016, 06:30:59 PM »
This is a movie coming out this summer that, so far, looks interesting.
 Here's the trailer:
www.youtube.com/free state

Between late 1863 and mid-1864, an armed band of Confederate deserters battled Confederate cavalry in the Piney Woods region of Jones County, Mississippi. Calling themselves the Knight Company after their captain, Newton Knight, they set up headquarters in the swamps of the Leaf River, where, legend has it, they declared the Free State of Jones.

The story of the Jones County rebellion is well known among Mississippians, and debate over whether the county actually seceded from the state during the war has smoldered for more than a century. Adding further controversy to the legend is the story of Newt Knight's interracial romance with his wartime accomplice, Rachel, a slave. From their relationship there developed a mixed-race community that endured long after the Civil War had ended, and the ambiguous racial identity of their descendants confounded the rules of segregated Mississippi well into the twentieth century.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Free-State.../dp/0807854670

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #808 on: January 09, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
By pure coincidence I just finished the book! (the book was published in 2001)
I look forward to seeing what they do with it. The story is fascinating!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #809 on: January 09, 2016, 08:50:54 PM »
From what little I have seen, there is a lot of legend and a lot of the facts are less than certain

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #810 on: January 10, 2016, 10:30:24 AM »
The El Chapo movie will get all the star power though...

http://nypost.com/2016/01/09/el-chapo-met-sean-penn-before-his-capture-rolling-stone/

...no doubt the love scene between El Chapo and Spicoli will redefine Hollywood masculinity once again...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #811 on: January 11, 2016, 01:33:40 PM »
Michael Bay’s “13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.”  Based upon the book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi”.  Comes out later this month.  It will no doubt focus on the aspects on the ground as experienced by those who were there, so from that standpoint I am hopeful Bay stays accurate there.  Where I have a beef though, is when Hollywood is presented other opportunities like this in the past that occurred under the oppositions watch, they take liberty to put the blame on them...and even change events on the ground to fit their narrative.  Here we have clear evidence Clinton took her 3am call on hung up and let people die, and the REMFs in the Pentagon followed suit...all to protect the gunrunning to Daesh-ladden Syrian rebels!  And not one word of this will ever be uttered in the film.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

Anyway, the families of the fallen and those who were there know who is to blame but Hollywood continues to ignore it...because it makes their guy and their gal look painfully awful.

Good people die...and they and their relatives get crapped on, over and over again...   ::pullhair::

Honestly, I don't know if I can go see this.  It will just get me irate all over again!

I will, most likely, go see this. First, Bay normally portriats the military in a good light. So with that in mind, I'll go watch. I'm not expecting any real "truth" will come from the film, as far as who left them to die. We know who.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #812 on: January 12, 2016, 07:09:22 AM »

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

I will, most likely, go see this. First, Bay normally portriats the military in a good light. So with that in mind, I'll go watch. I'm not expecting any real "truth" will come from the film, as far as who left them to die. We know who.

Which is why I hold Hollywood in such contempt...they will stoop to outright lies to make anyone but their ilk to look guilty and wicked...but they cannot ever tell the truth about their own even when the truth is smashing them in the face.

I hope "the big one" can be televised when it hits...seeing most of this ilk perish will be the best show ever.

ETA - SITYS:  http://www.weaselzippers.us/250222-number-of-times-hillary-clinton-is-mentioned-in-new-benghazi-movie-13-hours-zero/

::pullhair::
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:42:50 AM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #813 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:32 PM »
Daughter is Still on the Anime Kick.  Ended up signing up for the Funimation site as well.  $5 a month for subtitles only.  Still way cheaper than the Cable.

Shinsekai yori (from the New World) - Watching now. A bit less dramatic and tamer than most we have watched. But an interesting take on a wolrd where everyone has Psy powers. (Crunchy Roll)

Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)  Story about a son of Satan rebelling against the Demon realm - interesting and entertaining , but ultimately forgettable. (Hulu)

Death Note - Highly rated by almost everyone. Pretty much my least favorite Anime we have watched.  Its okay. Its better than American TV,  but yeah, not watching it again. Ever.(Hulu)

Noragami - About a God of Chaos trying to change who he is.  One of the better ones. (Funimation)

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)  Due to being a rare 3rd Season this  spring. Violent. Gory.  Fiarly interesting story and th only one so far that has Daughter reading ahead in the Manga. (Crunchy Roll)

Zetsuen no Tempest (Blast of Tempest). Big God Fruit, people turning to stone, magic and time travel. A pretty good ride in all. (Crunchy Roll)

Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased or The town where only I am missing)  - This one is next up. Its still in progress and being aired on Thursdays on Crunchy Roll.  Its often compared to Steins;Gate and people are loving it.

Of Course, If You haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (On HULU)  or Steins;Gate ( Hulu)  then you need to start there. Absolutely the best Anime has to offer at the moment. So if you are in a "show hole"  check them out

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #814 on: March 29, 2016, 07:39:33 AM »
Got sad?

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/topic17743.html

::hysterical::

PS-I heard Zootopia passed $700M mark.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2016, 09:53:52 PM »
Spin-off?

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #817 on: May 10, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »
Michelle started us watching this Wayward Pines show directed  M Night Shyamalan. It was painful to the point as we are wondering how anyone could have put that much work in and not realized how stupid it was.  Avoid.

Spoilers ahead. But trust me you don't want to see it anyway

SO the setup is this Fed goes to a small town to investigate disappearances and then wakes up in the hospital after an accident.  The town is basically a police state - surveillance is everywhere. You don't buy a house -you are given one.  You don't find a job - you are given one.  A telephone will ring and everyone will just do what the voice on the phone says because otherwise they will be publicly  executed. No one can talk about the past or the "outside"  without running afoul of being punished.  The Town is in a box canyon with sheer cliffs and a Jurassic Park style wall runs around the entire town.  Otherwise its 2016 suburban life as usual.  Only its the year 4000 something, and all of these people came out of Cryo, and in  this giant base in the cliffs,  this megalomaniac who invented the cryo and abducted these people  runs the town with the help of a group of volunteers who entered cryo to help "their savior"
In the 2000 years while they were in cryo, humans became super fast predatory monsters ( who become ever less so as the series  progresses) and that is what the wall is for - to keep them out. Only you can't tell the townspeople that because ten they would go crazy like "Group A" did and kill themselves because its no longer 2015 , and they will never see tier friends and family, and they live in a world where its basically the same luxuries as the pinnacle of human society, but you know they just kill themselves anyway. The children are okay, because  they aren't as ingrained in the the old world and their minds are more flexible, and are told the truth in school while being inducted into a sort of Nazi Youth group structure where they are made to promise to not tell their parents. Of course the adults who volunteered to help run the show -- they don't go crazy and kill themselves, because - they knew they were volunteering for this I guess?
Anyway, the secret gets out and Mr. Megalomaniac lets the monster humans in to kill off the town ( because you see there are enough people still in Cryo that he can create a group C)

Gee what is wrong with this?  Teenagers keeping a secret as a group.  The fact that somehow a working community was built or repaired  up to 2016 standards using materials stored for 2000 years and or collected with vicious man eating monsters about.  And those 2016  standards are maintained  - in town - clothes for sale, beer , food , gasoline, and on and on... etc. The idea that NO one could handle the truth.. and so forth.. just what happens when a bunch of libtards that think electricity comes from the wall write sci fi

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #818 on: August 12, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »
Just started an  older series  called House M.D. on netflix (yeah, I know, always late to the party)  - mostly because undoomed  references it all of the time in his videos.
For the INTJs out there, the thing is hilarious.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
I like House.  I met a wannabe at the real-life hospital once, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"