Author Topic: Trap's Movie Thread  (Read 237590 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Trap's Movie Thread
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
Ad Astra, with Brad Pitt - introspective space flick - on my 3rd viewing.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1001 on: December 30, 2019, 12:18:45 PM »
Does he cry in it?  Seems like that man-child is always crying...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1002 on: December 30, 2019, 03:41:23 PM »
Does he cry in it?  Seems like that man-child is always crying...

He actually does shed a solitary tear (like that old Injun' ad) - near the end of the movie.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1003 on: January 01, 2020, 11:18:32 PM »
Where did you view it? Where can we find it? Is it streaming?

I have not seen a good Sci Fi film for a long time. I saw Moon a while back which was good but creepy.

Predestination was based on a Heinlein piece and was good but it took me three watchings to figure it out.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1004 on: January 02, 2020, 06:42:07 AM »

I have not seen a good Sci Fi film for a long time. I saw Moon a while back which was good but creepy.

Predestination was based on a Heinlein piece and was good but it took me three watchings to figure it out.

I'm sure it's streaming somewhere (Red Box?); I bought the DVD @ Wal-Mart  ;) .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1005 on: January 02, 2020, 07:40:31 AM »

I saw it offered through Fandango (Hulu) for rental or purchase.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1006 on: January 02, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »

Where I live Ramsey County library has lots of DVDs spread over lots of libraries.
You can go on line, fine a movie there, and request it be sent to your local library then pick it up. I just did that for Ad Astra.

Ad Astra must be real good.  There are 14 copies and the queue is around 140 requests. 

St. Paul is within Ramsey County but the St. Paul system of libraries DVD collection really sucks.

I rarely buy a DVD anymore but recall picking up a $5 DVD years ago at Walmart, Freeway, with Reese Witherspoon. A real find IMO.  It has a cult following. They let a young Reese Witherspoon off her leash. So many quotes.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2020, 09:36:48 PM »

I rarely buy a DVD anymore . . .

I almost never go to the theatre (probably will for Bond in April & Wick 4 in 2021) -- but buy DVDs & BluRay for movies I like (then watch them multiple times). That's how I de-stress -- predominantly with movies that see the hero win and/or evil enemy get theirs in the end.

Currently in queue: Cinderella Man, Braveheart* (prob. 20th viewing), The Book of Eli, Inception, The Revenant, Last of the Mohicans, Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy & 300.

(* I could watch the homo getting thrown out of the window . . .forever)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1008 on: January 03, 2020, 04:32:48 AM »
We pick up movies from the discount bin at Walmart and have gotten quite a few favorites there to do with just as you do.  Thanks for the reminder about The Book of Eli - have to put that on the list.

Anyone remember a movie called "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1009 on: January 03, 2020, 06:56:27 AM »
The Book of Eli is quite good, a very underrated film IMO.

I'll wager the last flick I saw Hanks in was Saving Private Ryan...and before that The Burbs...not familiar with Terminal.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1010 on: January 03, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »

I'll wager the last flick I saw Hanks in was Saving Private Ryan...and before that The Burbs...not familiar with Terminal.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362227/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

"An Eastern European tourist unexpectedly finds himself stranded in JFK airport, and must take up temporary residence there."

Spielberg directed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1011 on: January 03, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »

I rarely buy a DVD anymore . . .

I almost never go to the theatre (probably will for Bond in April & Wick 4 in 2021) -- but buy DVDs & BluRay for movies I like (then watch them multiple times). That's how I de-stress -- predominantly with movies that see the hero win and/or evil enemy get theirs in the end.

Currently in queue: Cinderella Man, Braveheart* (prob. 20th viewing), The Book of Eli, Inception, The Revenant, Last of the Mohicans, Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy & 300.

(* I could watch the homo getting thrown out of the window . . .forever)

I almost never go to the theater. The most recent movie I went to willingly was Norman (Richard Gere). NOT for everyone. I am a huge Richard Gere fan. I have seen him in Breathless countless times.

I have too many DVDs from over the years. I used to love movies, then, IMO, they turned to crap. If not at the  library (one block walk for me) then if not streaming for no added cost (I pay for Amazon Prime) I buy them cheap on Amazon, often used.

I will put Inception on my list. I may watch Tinker Tailor again.

One favorite rewatched revenge movie for me is The Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson. The bad guys get what they deserve. One  POS MA senator  looks and acts like John Kerry. I have seen it over 10 times. Mel Gibson solves and avenges a death.

The good guy beats the bad guy in Criminal with Keven Kostner and Gal Gadot and Tommy Lee Jones. Kevin Kostner is mentally defective kinda so it touched my heart as well. I have rewatched that movie many times.

My favorite movie of all time is Reds with Warren Beatty. It is NOT pro communist if you listen to the dialogue carefully and to the end. 2001, Excalibur, and The Fighter are also in my top four.

I like revenge movies like The edge of Darkness. I cannot figure out a pattern to the movies like. Maybe good dialogue helps. Visual movies like Wind (about sailing) or Days of Heaven I like. I have watched Wind maybe 20 times.

Other rewatched movies. Deception (Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor), Freeway (Reese Witherspoon), Margin Call (fantastic  cast and everything else). I loved In a World but do not know why.

A good spy movie is A Most Wanted Man with Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Margin Call is a great movie IMO. Well crafted.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #1012 on: January 03, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362227/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

"An Eastern European tourist unexpectedly finds himself stranded in JFK airport, and must take up temporary residence there."

Spielberg directed.

Cute movie but predictable .
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1013 on: January 03, 2020, 05:57:49 PM »
  Book of Eli is a good movie. I still watch To kill a Mockingbird, Lawrence of Arabia then most John Wayne movies The Quiet Man one of my Faves.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1014 on: January 03, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
  Book of Eli is a good movie. I still watch To kill a Mockingbird, Lawrence of Arabia then most John Wayne movies The Quiet Man one of my Faves.

I used to watch The Quiet Man every St. Paddys day, along with corned beef and cabbage.
So many great lines. "Just a good stretch of the legs"  "A stick to beat the lovely lady with"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1015 on: January 03, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »

I used to watch The Quiet Man every St. Paddys day, along with corned beef and cabbage.
So many great lines. "Just a good stretch of the legs"  "A stick to beat the lovely lady with"

A man would have to be a sprinter to catch his wife in that bed.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #1016 on: January 04, 2020, 10:32:59 PM »
So I just finished viewing 'Inception'  - for the 4th-5th time & then switched to the DVD's "Special Features" section -- something I had never done for this flick.

They have a feature that describes the building of a set of Penrose Stairs/Steps & the computer models required to do so. It's described as "almost impossible" to achieve a real life model  -- but through cinematography -- & angles of viewing -- close enough to fool the viewer.

And therein lies the secret to the hoax of computer modeling & the Climate Change hoax. They're building computer models to describe the "impossible" - a systematic series of models that show what's NOT happening @ all -  but through deceptive angles & perspectives . . .

. . . seems to happening.

Hollywood tactics applied to a real life political agenda.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1017 on: January 09, 2020, 02:02:48 PM »

I rented Ad Astra from Redbox. It was good.
Another movie I rewatch is Gone, with Amanda Seyfried.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1018 on: January 10, 2020, 06:52:14 AM »
So I just finished viewing 'Inception'  - for the 4th-5th time & then switched to the DVD's "Special Features" section -- something I had never done for this flick.

They have a feature that describes the building of a set of Penrose Stairs/Steps & the computer models required to do so. It's described as "almost impossible" to achieve a real life model  -- but through cinematography -- & angles of viewing -- close enough to fool the viewer.

And therein lies the secret to the hoax of computer modeling & the Climate Change hoax. They're building computer models to describe the "impossible" - a systematic series of models that show what's NOT happening @ all -  but through deceptive angles & perspectives . . .

. . . seems to happening.

Hollywood tactics applied to a real life political agenda.

The idjits took down the chicken-little signs at Glacier National Park...even idjits know some sh*t is total sh*t...they just can't go full-woke and realize the whole show is sh*t.  And some must be so damn disappointed the glaciers didn't die and they have to keep working at the park and deal with streams of visitors witnessing the undying glacier.

::laughonfloor::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1019 on: January 16, 2020, 11:36:28 AM »

I watched Joker on DVD from Redbox.
It was dark. Very dark. Well done IMO.