Author Topic: Trap's Movie Thread  (Read 229559 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Trap's Movie Thread
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »
It's really hard to pull off the deep thinking pointy headed intellectual stuff on the big screen. Usually it comes off as either boring or confusing. This one looks like it's going for the confusing route.

That's because we're not sophisticated enough of thinkers (imagine my nose in the air as I sniff that one out). Expect to see it in the discount bin at wallyworld by xmas...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »
Expect to see it in the discount bin at wallyworld by xmas...

It would have to be quite the stinker for that to happen. It comes out at the end of October. So maybe by spring break.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
So it turns out Ender's Game is in production. The idiot director Gavin Hood who did the Wolverine Origin movie is in charge. From Wikipedia and apparently took the liberty of heavily modifying the screenplay.  Even better, "the film will be released on November 1, 2013, by Summit Entertainment through Lionsgate." Yeah, thats right, the same Summit Entertainment that brought you the  Twilight films.

In May 2012, Orson Scott Card visited the set of the film and recorded a voice-only cameo as a pilot making an announcement to his passengers. Card praised the understated acting of Ford and Butterfield, whom he saw filming a scene written by Gavin Hood. Card stated that "very few" of the film's scenes had appeared in the novel, but that he was comfortable with the liberties being taken with the source material. "My book was already alive in the mind of every reader. This is writer-director Gavin Hood's movie, so they were his words, and it was his scene."[/url]

However, the Casting seems to be well done. However, its probably going to be a well acted let down.  Why  can't directors submerge their egos and do what they are supposed to do - make films.  No, its got to be their F'ing story too. Know what a real filmmaker can do? He can take something like Lord of the Rings and bring it to the screen with minor changes that (IMO) make it better.  Hood? I think he will just rip you off. Hence the name.  It could turn out fine. A story can sometimes be told better by a second person, and movies obviously require a different type of story telling.  I just don't hold high hopes that anyone in Hollywood has the ability to tell a conservative story without F'ing it up. 

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »
Just saw for the first time in years , "Tarzan's New York Adventure" , my all time favorite Tarzan Movie !  ::bows:: ::whoohoo:: ::bows::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »

Mmmm, this is delicious, what is it?

Food, eat.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
Just saw for the first time in years , "Tarzan's New York Adventure" , my all time favorite Tarzan Movie !  ::bows:: ::whoohoo:: ::bows::

Maureen O was a pretty hot Jane too.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2012, 04:12:06 AM »
Tarzan bought his hunting knives from Abercrombie & Ungawa .

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
There was only one real Tarzan.

Johnny Weissmuller.
All the rest were poor imitations.
As an aside, when I came home from work late last night(early this morning), TCM was running some  Jungle Jim movies

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2012, 02:24:19 PM »
I enjoyed those as a kid too .

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »
I agree about Weissmuller.

But I liked George of the Jungle, too. The original animated version...it was a hoot.

"Awk, awk, eek, eek, tookie, tookie."
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2012, 04:35:39 AM »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
His gorilla talked like Ronald Coleman .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
TheNew Red Dawn will suck

But don’t expect it to linger very long. Where the 1984 original successfully played upon widespread public fears over a supposedly rising and belligerent Soviet Union, the remake expects viewers to take North Korea seriously as an existential threat. We’re guessing the flick is going to get a lot of unintended laughs.

You see, the actual North Korea is a country of 24 million people with a GDP roughly equal to North Dakota’s. It’s an impoverished, even starving, prison state that lacks modern weaponry and any ability to deploy forces globally. If preview clips posted this weekend are any indication, the movie magically gifts North Korea with a huge fleet of long-range transport planes … because it has to. Of course, how these planes get past the U.S. military’s 3,000 jet fighters is anyone’s guess.

Obama called them up and promised he  would make sure Air defense was compromised.

The new Red Dawn has been sitting on the shelf for a couple years owing to financing troubles and at least one major revamp by screenwriters Carl Elsworth and Jeremy Passmore. As originally written, the relaunched Red Dawn was only slightly less silly. The bad guys were Chinese. And while China has no discernible intention of invading anyone, much less the U.S., Beijing at least commands a $7.3-trillion economy and an increasingly modern, two-million-man army. But it’s bad business to portray one of the world’s fastest growing film markets as brutal world conquerors, so the producers swapped in North Korea, a country no one counts on for ticket sales.

Because China would never invade anyone. Certainly not Tibet or Taiwan.

The Narrative is everywhere.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
Cockneys vs Zombies.  Awesome.   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
 ::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
The old guy with the walker is hilarious.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
  OH crap,Falling skys is on tonight.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »

Is that a bad thing?   ::saywhat::   ::pokeineye::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

Is that a bad thing?   ::saywhat::   ::pokeineye::

Not to me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"