Author Topic: Apes blame Nike & Michael Jordan for ape violence over basketball shoes  (Read 4946 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Apes blame Nike & Michael Jordan for ape violence over basketball shoes
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
My God ... What would happen if the price of fried chicken tripled ?

It would be a veritable repeat of the Watermelon Riots of 1974...

Wait.  What?  Are you leg-pulling, Glock?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
I remember 74.....Graduating high school and watermelons were busted and stolen everywhere. I found solace in cantelope.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »
Yes, lots of people discovered cantaloupe out of sheer necessity in '74.  I fear we may soon be staring down the barrel of a Chitlin Coup or Ox-tail Insurrection.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »
From Pineville, North Carolina: “Black Eye Friday: Shoppers throw punches over new Air Jordans” (includes video);

From Tukwila, Washington: “Crowd waiting for new Air Jordans clashes with police” (with video)

From Louisville, Kentucky: “WITNESS: Fight breaks out at Jefferson Mall over sneakers” (with video)

From Richmond, California: “Mall Gunfire Over New Jordan Shoes” (with video)

From Taylor, Michigan: “Shoppers Waiting For Shoe Release Riot, Break Into Mall”

Plus the two stories I’ve previously linked (here and here):

From Lithonia, Georgia: “Race for New Air Jordan Sneakers Turns Ugly at a Metro Atlanta Mall” (with video)

From Burlington, New Jersey: “Witness: Guns At Air Jordan Stampede”

Especially piquant is the lead paragraph of the story from Richmond, California, written as only a nice white liberal boy (reporter Mathew Luschek) could have written it:

Everybody wants a nice pair of shoes. So much so, that when the new Nike Air Jordan’s went on sale this morning, people were willing to fire off weapons to get to them.

See? It’s just normal behavior. And lest you suspect Luschek is being sneakily ironic, the whole article is written in the typical bland incurious non-reactive manner of contemporary local journalism covering black mayhem. Which tells us that when Luschek wrote, “Everybody wants a nice pair of shoes,” he didn’t have a single ironic thought in his brain. He meant it.

Auster
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
"Why in the world do white people not engage in similar actions--fights, shootings, stabbings, riots with police--when they line up to purchase Apple's newest products, such as the iPad, iPhone or iPod?"

Because, we haven't been given the green light from the politicians and the media that it is OK to do so.

Duh!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
I wouldn't lower myself. 

I don't get it, people lining up for hours, or days, to buy anything; the Black Friday hype -- people camping out in line -- nutso.

We're not talking depression-era needs here, not at $180 for a stinkin' pair of "sneakers".  And speaking of which, that's a lot of money for the "pore&starvin" EBT cohort, isn't it?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
I didn't realize apples had so many types......I've never eaten red, golden delicious but never an ipad. Should I riot?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
Never got the line thing either.

But then again, ever since getting out of the service I rarely choose to stand in any line.

Anyone familiar with "hurry up and wait" knows of what I speak.

And waiting in line to give my cash away for some trinket?  Not in my DNA!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 12:38:47 PM »
"Why in the world do white people not engage in similar actions--fights, shootings, stabbings, riots with police--when they line up to purchase Apple's newest products, such as the iPad, iPhone or iPod?"

I have to recall a few instances of tramplings at Walmart over electronics, or Tickle-me-Elmo, or assaults over Beanie Babies...

The shoe-stealing thing is unique to Blacks, but mob-mentality over the lust to obtain a limited item from a store is pretty colorblind I think.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
True IDP, would be interesting to get full statistics (including economic status and political affiliation) for all mob-related mayhem.

I'm guessing there is a reason none of that is ever disclosed...

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:29 PM »
True IDP, would be interesting to get full statistics (including economic status and political affiliation) for all mob-related mayhem.

I'm guessing there is a reason none of that is ever disclosed...

There is no question that the violence of Blacks to get these shoes takes on a whole new intensity, so I don't mean to minimize that. Obviously from my initial post you can see how I feel about it. But while people weren't shooting each other over Beanie Babies or Elmos, they were certainly abandoning their civility and taking on the mentality of the mob over a retail product. Both actions defy common sense and speak to the base nature of humanity. I guess where the difference is lies in the actions one takes when the base nature takes over. Niggas pull out guns and steal shoes.  White trash trample their neighbors to be first with their hands on a doll.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
Yup, neither are poster material for ideal humans, but one is decidedly worse and grossly glossed over and excused.  I care little for either group, they can have all the sneakers and dolls they want when the SHTF, I'll be long gone...