Author Topic: Uhh...In Case There Was Ever Any Doubt, Alan Colmes Proves He's A Douche  (Read 2024 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
LINK

So I'm at work all day, I come home, check out HotAir and it turns out that Alan Colmes has decided that he wasn't despised enough and does everything in his power to prove he is the biggest asshole at FNC.

The thing that gets me is the way that he is smiling (or leering) in the lead up to his little "bombshell." He's virtually rubbing his hands together in anticipation of his revelation.

Lots of couples have had miscarriages (myself and Mrs. trapeze included) and dealing with the grief is a private, personal and deeply emotionally devastating experience. Although I would not have taken the path that the Santorums did, I would not criticize them and certainly would not use the opportunity to score some kind of political point.

"Beyond the pale" does not even begin to describe what Colmes did in this exchange. And Colmes did not apologize for it...he was, in fact, quite proud of his statement...until Mrs. Santorum was brought to tears over it. Then and only then did Colmes offer an apology. I don't have the text of the apology but if I had to guess it was the usual, "I'm sorry if you were offended..." bullsh*t that libs will toss out when public opinion turns against them. Rick Santorum is more gracious than I am because he accepted the apology.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: Uhh...In Case There Was Ever Any Doubt, Alan Colmes Proves He's A Douche
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »

What he did with the family was a personal and private thing, going public with it
seems bizarre.  It appears as another form of our cultural exhibitionism.
That scene with Lowry & Colmes is disgusting, Alan at his pinnacle,  also
causes one to wonder if it is not another act in our kabuki exhibitionism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
This coming from a guy whose party turns funerals into campaign rally's.

If Im ever fortunate to run into colmes, I'm gonna bitch slap that wondering eye of his back into place. Parden me, but what an asshole. Complete idiot. May he rot in hell one day.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 07:22:51 AM »
What a cruel decision Colmes made. I always knew Colmes was a douchebag. But I never pegged him for being cruel.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »

What he did with the family was a personal and private thing, going public with it
seems bizarre.  It appears as another form of our cultural exhibitionism.
That scene with Lowry & Colmes is disgusting, Alan at his pinnacle,  also
causes one to wonder if it is not another act in our kabuki exhibitionism.

Santorum explained why they "went public"; his wife had experience working in the neo-natal unit with similar situations and they were passing on what they saw as a helpful way of dealing with the grief and imprinting the baby's memory on the family.

Plus, if you think for one minute the Media Party wouldn't have uncovered the event, even if Mrs. Santorum hadn't published a book on it, think again.

Gunsmith and I went through a miscarriage as well, and, as with all deaths, one copes in one's own way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Like I said at HotAir, Colmes is a demon...anybody who has seen him operate over the years knows the cheap shot is his bread & butter, none of this should be a surprise.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:18 AM »
Truth told, Colmes' revelation was the first I'd heard of the Santorum's decision. I must admit, the way Colmes portrayed it, it seemed bizarre and somewhat morbid.

But I heard Santorum talk about it on Hannity as I was flipping channels last night, and it sounded like a beautiful, dignified way to honor the brief life of their child. Perhaps most importantly, it speaks to the Santorums deep belief in the personhood of every child regardless of developmental stage, and the Santorums desire to instill the knowledge of that personhood firmly into their other childrens lives.

Santorum's real tears and wavering voice told the truth of the matter as he portrayed the truth that Colmes tarnished with his evil lies. The mental image of a loving couple spending the night in the hospital, cradling the body of their newborn child in grief and love is not a morbid image, it is beautiful. The mental image of presenting their other small children with the opportunity to grieve over a person - a deceased sibling - rather than just an intangible idea - is also a beautiful and sad thing to imagine. But it's not morbid or bizarre.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
My prayers go out to those of you that have had to endure the pain of miscarriage. I was blessed with 2 sons and 1 stepson. I can't imagine losing one of them. I agree that what the Santorums did was a beautiful and dignified.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
It's a good thing Colmes rose above the typical leftist, George C Scott like fascination with Santorum's bodily fluids...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »

Sterling Hayden

There is no doubt his grief is sincere and what they did was an act of love.
However, going public with this personal story is exhibitionistic.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 10:41:38 AM »

Sterling Hayden

There is no doubt his grief is sincere and what they did was an act of love.
However, going public with this personal story is exhibitionistic.

It may have been Charles, but I'm not prepared to draw that conclusion. Santorum staked his flag in the pro-life hill long ago. It's what his political career and public life has been largely based upon. It's also possible that the Santorums viewed the death of their baby and their treatment of it as an opportunity to set a pro-life example, revealing their actions in a book as a way to demonstrate their belief in the personhood of the unborn. I think that could well be ones motivation without exhibitionism. Couldn't it? Or am I missing something?

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »

It could be.  As a point of faith and example he could be doing it.
He's been telling this story over and over for at least two months.
And "Santorum staked his flag in the pro-life hill long ago. It's what his political career and public life has been largely based upon." reinforces his so public use of
this personal tragedy as a political device.

In a book it is a story, a lesson, for the concerned or the seeker
but told over and over and over on television it now appears as a
device. Especially after this bit of information exposing more of his
hypocrisy.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
Colmes should be the Poster Boy for legalizing abortions .

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
He's been telling this story over and over for at least two months.

That changes my opinion (slightly) cuz I wasn't aware of that. Bad chit happens to all of us and we all have our own ways of dealing with it (or not). Making it a centerpiece of his campaign is kinda creepy - even if I understand why his family did what they did.

However, Alan Colmes-over is still a major-league douche