Author Topic: Perry sticking ....  (Read 1144 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Perry sticking ....
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
Per Rush.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Perry sticking ....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
Per Rush.

Why not. If Santorum has no money and Newt isn't an option, it could be handed to Romney by default if Perry drops out too.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »
Good, no free rides for Romney, and if the much anticipated fireworks from gNewt against Romney materializes Perry could gain some ground and get an influx of contributions.  I have my reservations about him but no where near as many as I do with Mittens & gNewt.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

With debates this Saturday, Jan. 7, - 9 pm on ABC then
Sunday morning (that's what it says), Jan. 8, - 9 am (yes AM!) on NBC
then a day off and on to the New Hampshire primary Tuesday, January 10.

Wham bam than you Sam!  gNewt must be a dervish with
a tack hammer putting his Romney tack ads together.  Whatever happens,
and things will be happening, it will be an interesting week.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »
I'm just disappointed that if you don't have enough cash you can't play for long.  I like to see a law written limiting how much a candidate can spend on a campaign.  Make it (just for fun) $5 million, and any candidate can only spend that much.  It would make it more fair and they would have to be really sure that they want to produce any particular ad and they would have only so many opportunities to run them.  It would also give stronger/less affluent candidates a better shot.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »
Per Rush.

Why not. If Santorum has no money and Newt isn't an option, it could be handed to Romney by default if Perry drops out too.

Not so fast,with Perry back in that means that Mittens and his 25% support will go on and make him look good,if Perry had dropped out where is his support going?sure as hell not to Mittens.It is to Mits advantage to have him in it and the group to remain large as long as possible.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
Per Rush.

Not so fast,with Perry back in that means that Mittens and his 25% support will go on and make him look good,if Perry had dropped out where is his support going?sure as hell not to Mittens.It is to Mits advantage to have him in it and the group to remain large as long as possible.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Santorum has no money or structure for the fight while Perry does. If Perry leaves, the votes go to whom? Newt? Huntsman? Paul? Santorum? Except for Paul, all suffer from the same weak structure and funds. Without Bachman, Santorum and Perry are the only ( somewhat) conservatives left and only one has money and structure. I believe it would have been advantagous for the vote to go to Perry and Santorum forced out. But it didn't. Now we wait to see who bachman backs. I hope its Perry, for no other reason is I believe he has a better opportunity to beat Romneys money.

I'm hoping it becomes a 3 way race : Perry/ Santorum/Romney.....with Rick suffering weak funds and bows out, which hopefully, will unite the conservative base around one candidate while Romney has his 28%. Timing is everything.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »
Per Rush.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Santorum has no money or structure for the fight while Perry does. If Perry leaves, the votes go to whom? Newt? Huntsman? Paul? Santorum? Except for Paul, all suffer from the same weak structure and funds. Without Bachman, Santorum and Perry are the only ( somewhat) conservatives left and only one has money and structure. I believe it would have been advantagous for the vote to go to Perry and Santorum forced out. But it didn't. Now we wait to see who bachman backs. I hope its Perry, for no other reason is I believe he has a better opportunity to beat Romneys money.

I'm hoping it becomes a 3 way race : Perry/ Santorum/Romney.....with Rick suffering weak funds and bows out, which hopefully, will unite the conservative base around one candidate while Romney has his 28%. Timing is everything.

That works for me but I think he'll bow out after S.C. if he doesn't show something in the way of a win there he's done no matter what. He's down to 4 mill.according a a report and if that doesn't do it nothing will for him. I suspect his immigration stance/gaffe did him in.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »
.......will unite the conservative base around one candidate while Romney has his 28%. Timing is everything.

I wish Kittens had his 28% stuck up his ass. I can't understand why he even has the audacity to call himself a republican.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »
.......will unite the conservative base around one candidate while Romney has his 28%. Timing is everything.

I wish Kittens had his 28% stuck up his ass. I can't understand why he even has the audacity to call himself a republican.

Same way he call an 8 vote spead a win with an organization worth millions against a guy with his family as an organization.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »

The cost of immigration doesn't make much difference when you're bleeding
seven trillion dollars a year and appointed bureaucracies are making law in-
stead of congress and your current president is building a civilian army and
detention camps.  A company man will not stop this he will modify it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »
Turn up the heat...

This pisses J-Mac off...yeah, that's too bad!   ;D

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/pro-gingrich-group-posts-anti-romney-ad-featuring-mccain/

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71111.html

The whispering campaign against Santorum.

http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/sanctimonious-or-sincere-santorum-evoked-strong-feelings-in-congress-20120105

I'm losing the wee bit of respect I had for McCain. I guess his service is admirable, when it involved war, but his service now " to our country" is nothing but garbage. Calling out Newt when his own ads are the very proof against mitt? Disgraceful. America better wake up.

The Santorum piece......Sanctimonious or Sincere? Hell, I don't care which....The article actually had the reverse effect on me. I like him a bit more....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:01:30 PM by Predator Don »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:57:39 AM »
I must misunderstand something, this
                                                  The whispering campaign against Santorum.

http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign      
                                                    /sanctimonious-or-sincere-santorum-evoked-strong-feelings-
                                                     in-congress-20120105
appears to be a Santorum promo.
They are the most appealing words
I've recently read about him.  Makes
him out to be an anti-establishment
guy.  hmmmmm

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »
Heh, call The Butthead, offer that fat f**k CoS!

::hysterical::

Oh, hey, why am I laughing?  It could happen!

::speechless::

::exitstageleft::