Author Topic: King Obama Takes Control – Breaks Rules On Recess Appointments  (Read 2721 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: King Obama Takes Control – Breaks Rules On Recess Appointments
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
For a look at just how egregious this "Bureau" is .....

http://www.fed-soc.org/doclib/20101223_GrayShuEngage11.3.pdf

Just reading this assessment made me sick to my stomach.  This "Bureau" is so crafted to with the authority to seize any business, anywhere, at any time, for vague reasons defined only by the "Bureau"; it, in essence, is now in control of every aspect of our economy .... and us.  As if Obamacare wasn't bad enough ....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:00:09 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
I really, really want this would be dictator to fall down hard. Really hard. The harder he falls, the more satisfaction I will have. I wish Barack Hussein the very, very worst of what life has to offer. I pray it.

Psalm 64
    For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 Hear me, my God, as I voice my complaint;
   protect my life from the threat of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked,
   from the plots of evildoers.
3 They sharpen their tongues like swords
   and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.
4 They shoot from ambush at the innocent;
   they shoot suddenly, without fear.

5 They encourage each other in evil plans,
   they talk about hiding their snares;
   they say, “Who will see it?”
6 They plot injustice and say,
   “We have devised a perfect plan!”
   Surely the human mind and heart are cunning.

7 But God will shoot them with his arrows;
   they will suddenly be struck down.
8 He will turn their own tongues against them
   and bring them to ruin;
   all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
9 All people will fear;
   they will proclaim the works of God
   and ponder what he has done.

10 The righteous will rejoice in the LORD
   and take refuge in him;
   all the upright in heart will glory in him!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 12:15:12 AM »

Hallelujah.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
Amen!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »

On his radio show last night, Mark Levin said that President Barack Obama has caused a “constitutional crisis” by appointing members to the National Labor Relations Board and a director to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau without going through the constitutionally required Senate confirmation process.
Hear it here

The Lawless Obama Regime
RUSH: All right, some people in the e-mail have taken exception with my description of Obama as "lawless" and acting outside the Constitution. Let me share with you a quote, and this is from a video. It might have been from yesterday out in Ohio, but it's within the past couple days. Obama said, "When Congress refuses to act -- and as a result, hurts our economy and puts our people at risk -- then I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them." He got applause. "I have an obligation to act on behalf of the American people. I'm not going to stand by while a minority in the Senate puts party ideology ahead of the people that we elected to serve. Not with so much at stake, not at this make-or-break moment for middle class Americans. We're not gonna let that happen."

Now, the Founding Fathers said this is exactly what's supposed to happen! It's called "the separation of powers," and it's to make sure that things like this do not happen, that an all-powerful executive does not run roughshod over the government.

Savage: Here’s what America will look like if Obama wins
“I have to tell you that if this man, God forbid, is the next president of the United States, we’re going to be living in something along the lines of – people say Europe. I don’t believe it’s going to be like Europe – I think it will be closer to Chavez’s South American dictatorship,”

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »

McRINO

Think Romney's going to have him on the stage again?
                                                                                 Tha Tha Tha That's all folks!
                                                                                                   ::LoonyTunesThemeSong::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
John McCain evokes a visceral reaction from me that is unique.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
President Barack Obama today escalated his claimed power to appoint top officials by announcing that his financial-sector appointee also has authority that is legally reserved only for an official who has been confirmed by the Senate.

The 2010 law that established the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau includes a section that says many of the bureau’s new powers are to be held by the secretary of the Treasury “until the Director of the Bureau is confirmed by the Senate.”

Obam’s Jan. 3. claim to have appointed Cordray appears to violate the Constitution and is a grab for increased presidential power, say many constitutional lawyers.

But his new Jan. 6 claim about Cordray’s powers goes even further by contradicting the plain language of the 2010 law that created the bureau.

Section 1066 of the law says many of the bureau’s new powers are activated once the Senate confirms a director. Those extra powers include the authority to write regulations for non-bank firms, such as payday lenders.

Obama also said Friday that Cordray’s new authority include those powers.

“Now that Richard [Cordray] is your director, you can finally exercise the full power that this agency has been given to protect consumers under the law,” Obama said in a Dec. 6 visit to the CFPB.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/06/obama-escalates-appointments-crisis-claims-cordray-has-full-powers-without-senate-approval/#ixzz1ijlxtAJI
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »
Where is the outrage?
Some senator other second rate personality could take this and run with it.
Make a spectacle of himself and get elected or sell it some other way while
tying and anchor of law around What'sHisPrince's neck.  This and or Gun-
Runner is just waiting for a Swift Boat Captain.  

It's God Almighty; He's fed up with the people of America sitting on our duff.
He says you picked Me then you've left Me you're going to have to work to
get Me back.  

ETA: Has anyone or does one know anyone who has communicated with their senator about this.
To: Most Honorable Senator Wormwood,
      I missed your most recent email gram regarding actions taken against President&Co's
      lawless usurpation of our laws and adulteration of our Constitution.  You miserable worm.
      I missed your appearance on the six o'clock news also, you freaking coward. Your lack of
      concern for this matter causes me to suspect you are in cahoots with that miserable rat
      and upon announcement of the trials you may be assured I will enter your name and all
      collected evidence as a co-conspirator.

See you at the trials.
      Sincerely,
      Charles Oakwood
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:45:25 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »
Accountability?  Courage?  Trials?

Do you think we still live in a representative republic that respects the rule of law?

::falldownshocked::

Siwwy Wabbit!

::slapfight::

And as far as the J-Mac clip goes, I think that moron was speaking truthfully and from the heart before the others tried to correct him.

::mooning::
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:33:37 PM by Libertas »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »

Yeah, he was, but he lost his place.  He thought he was on stage
campaigning for himself and he did it twice in as many days
for a normal politician that's professional suicide.  He's gone bonkers.
I expect to see less and less of him in public and when he is it will
be in a controlled environment.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »
He is an albatross...Romney can keep him.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »

Two losers side by side. Seems to work well for everybody else.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
Andrew McCarthy hits the nail on the head .......

So Republicans have declined to confirm Obama’s nominee, Richard Cordray (Ohio’s former attorney general, beloved of the trial lawyers). But being Republicans, they are not, of course, demanding repeal of this despotic CFPB coup — just as they have no real desire to slash any of the bulging administrative behemoth. Yes, they talk about slashing it, but what they actually want is to control it. So their bold pitch is to make the CFPB marginally more accountable and, as night follows day, bigger: to subject it to Congress’s appropriations process (as if that will give the public a real say in how it operates); to have bank regulators check its likely excesses (playing into Obama’s narrative about protecting Wall Street at the expense of Main Street); and to expand its leadership to several board members rather than a single unelected technocrat (because creating more patronage slots has been so effective in reining in the EPA and the rest of the bureaucratic maze).

Because the GOP establishment is statist lite, they play into the president’s hands. Removing the Dodd-Frank deadweight from a crippled economy, killing an authoritarian bureaucracy in the cradle — that is the kind of campaign that would have stoked passion, highlighting a very different vision of a country breaking free of its regulatory chains. But no one is going to get whipped up over a few technical tweaks on the one-way road to bigger Big Government. Obama has a simple story to tell: “Obstructionist Republicans are trying to stop me from saving you.” By comparison, the Republican story — “We’re all for statist cures, just with a Washington-style nip here and tuck there” — makes your eyes glaze over.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »
It doesn't make my eyes glaze over. It makes them turn red, and fantasize about capital punishment for government malfeasance.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
It doesn't make my eyes glaze over. It makes them turn red, and fantasize about capital punishment for government malfeasance.
Yes, what he saidand thanks!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
Yes, what he saidand thanks!

I hope the revolution hasn't started without me.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »

A guy going to great lengths to convince the people he is conservative.......traveling with Mccain. ::thinking:: ::lalanotlistening::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »

A guy going to great lengths to convince the people he is conservative.......traveling with Mccain. ::thinking:: ::lalanotlistening::

Yep; some "tell", isn't it.