Author Topic: Santorum Tax Plan  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Santorum Tax Plan
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
I am still quite passionate about ending the IRS reign of terror in this nation, but there is no serious candidate proposing that so it comes down to who has the best plan we can get that doesn't throw all the other issues we care about under the bus.

Santorum's plan -

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rick-santorums-tax-plan-103800356.html?l=1

Overall I think I have an issue with only two elements - 1) tripling the child deduction & 2) Reducing capital gains to 12%.  I would favor eliminating the gains tax outright and and I would favor reducing or eliminating all tax breaks in order to factor down individual & corporate rates even more.

But it is a place to start and his plan has the benefit of being easily understood.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: Santorum Tax Plan
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »

At best, Santorum is just another company man. 
Read that gNewt has already fired a video love letter.

He resigned from UHS just in time to run for president.

Rick Santorum, UHS, and the DOJ complaint

and

He's just another Philadelphia lawyer.

[blockquote]
Universal Health Services, on whose board he sat until he left in June of this year, runs a PRIDE Institute in Minnesota. It’s the “nation’s first and leading provider of mental health service to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community.”
[/blockquote]

and now

This Won’t Play Well In South Carolina

It’s not just Rick Santorum knocking Jim DeMint (!!!) when not hiding behind DeMint to claim tea party bona fides, Santorum is also going to have trouble in South Carolina because of his voting record. He opposed National Right to Work legislation.

much More

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
Yeah, that won't play well in the south...

And I don't think Romney will either...

I guess gNewt and the wildcards (Paul & Perry) could be gaining when the march south begins in earnest.

Perhaps no candidate will have it sewed up by convention time...a brokered convention kinda gives me the shivers...usually party hacks take control and it'll be Romney for sure...

::falldownshocked::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
...usually party hacks take control and it'll be Romney for sure...

::falldownshocked::

Fvck 'em. ::doublebird::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
At about the :30 mark, hear the new "not Romney" talk about how he will "vocally and publicly" oppose the Tea Party's efforts to "refashion conservatism".

In other words, he liked the Republican brand before people like us started screwing it all up.

Rick Santorum's "Real Concerns" About The Tea Party
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
In other words, he liked the Republican brand before people like us started screwing it all up.

Neo con asshole

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
At about the :30 mark, hear the new "not Romney" talk about how he will "vocally and publicly" oppose the Tea Party's efforts to "refashion conservatism".

Rick Santorum's "Real Concerns" About The Tea Party

Yes, he's a company man. 
And in line with that is his rational for supporting Specter.
Party leadership asked him to do it for the Party.  He is a
company man.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »

Yes, he's a company man.
And the company's man is Mittens.

KCCI with article and confirmation video – Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn’t.

“When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I’ve got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa,” True said. “Not Mitt Romney.”

True said at his 53-person caucus at the Garrett Memorial Library, Romney received two votes.
According to the Iowa Republican Party’s website, True’s precinct cast 22 votes for Romney.

“This is huge,” True said. “It essentially changes who won.”

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 12:57:06 AM »
When the current crop of GOP candidates is the best we can do, especially considering the dire situation this country faces, then it's pretty obvious the Fat Lady has sung. I really never thought I would be able to personally witness such a rapid decline in my own lifetime.

People can call me a defeatist or a pessimist, but I am now of the opinion that trying to save "the whole" is a wasted effort. Balkanization will be a blessing when it comes, not a curse.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:15:50 AM »

It's a big wall and there's a lot of handwriting on it
but the deal is - you don't quit trying.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
Trying to what, Charles?

There are endeavors in which effort reaps a reward; trying to work within and with today's existing structure is a losing proposition in that regard.

Call me when the real revolution has begun .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 02:19:30 AM »

The revolution has begun. It began a long time ago.
As tense as it is our Ship of State is huge and even
though we have some very mischievous children at
the helm by no means do they command the Ship.
They are tinkering with the controls.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
They control the gawdamn ship, Charles!  When more than half the polity are apathetic and their elected representatives ineffective and neutered, they control the gawdamn ship!

How the HELL do you think Venezuela came to its present state?  How do you think Honduras avoided it?

Your faith, or whatever it is, is misplaced, Bless your Heart.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
I agree with G.  And it is not we who have given up CO, it is our so-called leaders, our representatives in government that have betrayed us.  IMHO there simpy is not enough time to replace all of these traitors in elective and non-elective office, the judiciary and change the mindset of society at large and think we can peacefully turn the ship of state around 180 degrees.  We just do not have that kind of time.  The type and number of serious problems confronting us all at once and globally has never been this compressed in the entire history of mankind.  We are headed for something, and it is not the days of wine and roses.  We can all vote for candidate X against Obama and I do not think any X will forestall in the least what is coming our way.  I would argue against unrealistic and potentially catastrophic hope in the political process, we should not be one-trick ponies!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

And it is not we who have given up CO, it is our so-called leaders,

Not us, but the collective we.  When we stood up in 08? against amnesty they (leadership)
pulled it, when we (the Tea Party) stood in the streets they backed up.  When they actually
perceive they are going to loose their job they do something.   That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying they (up in the con) understand the levers of American Power no better than
a child understands tinker toys.  They are wreaking havoc and stinking up the joint.
There will be an election and we will have an answer.  The probability of a violent revolution
is about 10%.  The probably that we continue to drift away from a Constitutional government
is much higher.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
They don't fear us CO, they look at us as someting to manipulate.  Throw a doggie treat (I'm not as bad as Obama) and expect us to heel.

Screw doggie treats, this dog don't heel!

They will never obey us until we make it hurt real real bad.

And hurt is coming, one way or another.

One thing that would hurt is not being taken for granted, no matter the result.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
This Santorum takedown is pretty damning
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:30 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 08:31:28 AM »
Without watching (at work) who did that ad?  As all Republicans except Santorum have now come out for limiting our power supply, or out and out Marxism, who did this ad matters.  I don't believe a word that comes out of any of these guys anymore with regards to the other.

Even though he has too much Bush in him, Santorum is the last one of the bunch for me, before bolting for third party.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 08:57:51 AM »
Without watching (at work) who did that ad?  As all Republicans except Santorum have now come out for limiting our power supply, or out and out Marxism, who did this ad matters.  I don't believe a word that comes out of any of these guys anymore with regards to the other.

Even though he has too much Bush in him, Santorum is the last one of the bunch for me, before bolting for third party.

I believe it was done by a Perry PAC. There is no denying that it hits Santorum where he's vulnerable. It repeats his phrase, "I'll defend earmarks" and "I'm very proud of the earmarks I've put in bills", and then each time he repeats the phrase, a graphic overlay is superimposed of a particular earmark and how much it cost...

"I'll defend earmarks" - Santorum voted to spend millions on the Bridge to Nowhere to help 50 people senate roll call vote no. 262 (2005)

"I'll defend earmarks" - Santorum also voted for a teapot museum in North Carolina senate roll call vote no. 264 (2005)

"I'll defend earmarks" - $50 million for an indoor rainforest in Iowa senate roll call vote no. 3 (2004)

"I'll defend earmarks" - $597,000 to Montana Sheep Institute senate roll call vote no. 241 (2005)

...you get the picture. That's about half of what's in the ad. It hits Santorum in the "Big Government Republican" gut, repeatedly.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:06:49 AM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
They don't fear us CO, they look at us as someting to manipulate.  Throw a doggie treat (I'm not as bad as Obama) and expect us to heel.

Screw doggie treats, this dog don't heel!

They will never obey us until we make it hurt real real bad.

And hurt is coming, one way or another.

One thing that would hurt is not being taken for granted, no matter the result.
During the Exodus, The Lord forced the Israelites to wonder the Desert for forty years until the generation that did evil in his eyes was sufficiently consumed. Are we heading down that path now? Do we need something like that now? Damn straight!

The Constitution was written for a religious and moral people and it's fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain, that ship has left the dock. A fair amount of hurt is needed.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.