Author Topic: Where we're at  (Read 596 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Where we're at
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:19:43 AM »
Naomi Wolf is a lefty.
Yet she has a spot on analysis of where we are in the steps to dictatorship.

Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Re: Where we're at
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »
The problem with her is that she doesn't seem to see the same patterns in the obama leftists brigade. She's still marching against the right wing cabal. :)
IOWm she's helping to bring about what she was warning about.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »
19:00: "There reaches a point at which democracy can no longer heal democracy, but that point comes really fast when it comes."
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
The problem with her is that she doesn't seem to see the same patterns in the obama leftists brigade. She's still marching against the right wing cabal. :)

Yup. If she was out there now condemning the Obama regime for continuing the process begun (in her eyes) by Bush, then I'd afford her an ounce of credibility. I don't know that she's not doing that, but if she's not, she's a next-to-worthless prognosticator.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »

Yup. If she was out there now condemning the Obama regime for continuing the process begun (in her eyes) by Bush, then I'd afford her an ounce of credibility. I don't know that she's not doing that, but if she's not, she's a next-to-worthless prognosticator.

And she's not going to know what hit her.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
Naomi Wolf is a lefty.
Yet she has a spot on analysis of where we are in the steps to dictatorship.

Talk - Naomi Wolf - The End of America

At least she gets there a Dictators on the Left and the Right , and that Liberty is worth something, the value of checks and balances,  defends the 2nd amendment, and worries about posse comitatius . Tammy Bruce figured it out. Maybe Naomi Wolf can as well. .. but some of her comments betray her lefty origin  :

Predisposition to dismiss   Nazi comparisons  as Rhetoric
Felt divorced from the Constitution and the Bill of rights as irrelevant  and the pervue of "intellectuals"
how she defines a modern democracy -   Paris fashion and Gay rights organizations.
How Brave her audience is for giving up "America's Top Model" for an evening!
How History isn't normally  important, and no one cares about Civics.
You are a Republican- you have a "nice purse"
The Whole repetition of the Bush/Terrorist/Yellowcake/Iraq  War/ water boarding is torture, War only happens because of the Military industirsal complex and profit motive, that Islamic  Jihad  is a Crime, not  a war,   etc Meme
A Kid tazered in Florida is proof of the police state, as example of the State putting pressure on a University.
She thinks the day a Journalist is detain is the day she won't talk anymore ( because until it affects someone like her, it just doesn't count enough)
Keeps saying that it isn't important until it happens to someone like her or her audience ( you know, "normal" Americans)
The Dixie Chicks were  being silenced by the State (rather than by irate customers) .. The Vote in Florida was corrupted by Right jack boots threatening the vote  counters
"you know the right wing"- but I will complain  about the espionage act  put in place by ... <drum roll>....  Woodrow Wilson.

But apparently this is 2007 before Obama and everything he has done. Most of her waypoints have been done (or reiterated from Bush) by Obama . If she admits or realizes that,  her hope-over must be massive. Not that she is entirely wrong about  Bush or NeoCons either- but I notice she didn't comain about FDRs handling of WWII, nor mentions that those progressives were fans of Mussoilini and Hitler in the early 30s. . Also interesting she was getting the SSSS marking ( super secret security screening) -  Wonder is she still has that?