Author Topic: Police vs Citizens  (Read 2161 times)

charlesoakwood

Police vs Citizens
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:17 AM »

"To protect and serve" is their motto but more and more it appears
they consider us subjects and themselves our subjugators.
Ministers of peace and justice.

Always in the uber liberal cities, part of the psychoses I guess.

West Point Grad Arrested For Defending Woman Abused By Austin Police

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Police vs Citizens
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:39:24 AM »
Unless the young lady was resisting, which, from the limited video, it didn't appear she was, there was no reason to lift her up by her arms the way they did; that has to hurt -- shoulder sockets -- and it seems it's meant to do so.

As for the young man, I hope the cops are made to drop the charges and are disciplined.  BTW, notice his t-shirt, "D'Anconia Copper"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

No, I didn't notice and had to look it up.  Cool.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
If he plays his cards right Antonio could be in for a healthy payday.

Of course that's not the aspect of paramount importance here but it is a natural consequence of the trend towards cops gone feral. Those thugs need to lose their jobs.

Now thuggish cops are nothing new. I was a hellraiser in my youth and had plenty of confrontations with cops. I've been shot at, been bloodied and battered by them, and encountered more implicit threats to do bodily harm than you could shake a stick at. As a result I've never had much use for or respect of cops. I see them for what they are - thugs with a badge.

As I've gotten older I've learned how to ply the same waters as them without having them trying to take a bite out of me. Swim in the shadows, wear neutral colors, don't stand out, and don't give them an excuse to "F" you up.

Where Antonio went wrong wasn't that he took video of the Cops Gone Wild - it's that he was too overt in his actions which drew attention from them. Had it been me the cops wouldn't have ever known I was there. I would have taken the shots that showed their thuggish predilections and found a way to get it to the young lady - not unlike the anonymous Craiglslist videographer.

But that said, Antonio did nothing wrong and the cops know it. I bet there is a captain or commander somewhere crapping his pants in the full knowledge of how expensive this stupid stunt is going to be for their department.

And I hope that it is so expensive that it breaks them. That is the only way that thugs ever learn.

edit - the inevitable altard proofing  ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Uber liberal cities especially...fricken Austin, never will I spend one dime in that city when in Texas, screw 'em.

All hail Antonio AKA Francisco!

::bows::

Those cops should not be on the force, period.  But no doubt their union lawyers are busy twisting arms, so expecting any real justice to be served is probably pointless.

To punish and enslave

::rockethrow::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:37:39 AM »
I hate to say this but I don't trust the police anymore . They look more and more like " Brown Shirts " every day .

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:10 AM »
I hate to say this but I don't trust the police anymore . They look more and more like " Brown Shirts " every day .

I have zero doubt that when "The Troubles" occur, a substantial portion if not an outright majority of the police will be on the wrong side of it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
I'm sure at the time the those cops thought he was just another punk kid.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »

It's not illegal to photograph a public activity, even punks.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »

You are right.

But it was NY's Eve and late and they were primed for trouble and trolling for punks.  So he seemed to fit their attitude.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

You are right.

But it was NY's Eve and late and they were primed for trouble and trolling for punks.  So he seemed to fit their attitude.
::hysterical::

They prolly don't think it was such a good fit now.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
All the cops I know can be bribed with doughnuts.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 06:22:15 PM »
I'm going to have to follow this, seems to me they just may have bitten off more than they can swallow. ::danceban:: ::cool::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow