Author Topic: Again, Tebow  (Read 4241 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Again, Tebow
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »
Regardless of whether or not they win another game in the playoffs this year, Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos secured a place in the records book tonight with the first ever win in post season NON sudden death overtime. It was done in typical Tebow fashion. Denver won the coin toss and elected to receive. They started at their own twenty. Tebow throws over the middle and it is run down the field for an 80 yard touchdown which instantly won the game.

The new overtime rule says that a single field goal cannot instantly the game in overtime. If the first team with possesion scores a field goal then the other team must get a possession in order to allow an attempt to tie or win the game. The exceptions to this are: any defensive score would instantly win the game and any touchdown would instantly win the game.

The Broncos stunned the Steelers with a one play touchdown win.

I honestly do not believe the Broncos will advance another game but this win at home was pretty amazing.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Again, Tebow
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
As I said in another thread, Ike Taylor (#24) was faked out of his jock all day

Because I live in Steeler country, it would have been nice for a Steeler win.
But I do get satisfaction for Tebow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
Sorry, I should have checked for your thread first.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
As I said in another thread, Ike Taylor (#24) was faked out of his jock all day

Because I live in Steeler country, it would have been nice for a Steeler win.
But I do get satisfaction for Tebow

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 06:44:28 AM »
Good, I thought I heard a couple of talking heads "heads" go "pop" before the stadium scoreboard had a chance to post the points on that OT score!

::whoohoo::

That was the game of the week baby!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:27:30 AM »
I have no affinity for the Broncos, but I want Tebow and the Broncs to do well, just to shut the naysayers up. I want all the Christophobes who have rallied around hatred of his prayers and love for Jesus to eat crow. That's probably my human pride and not the Holy Spirit talking.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
And the smartest of the J-Tards, as employed by the Associated Press, declard Tebow's career over.  Are you telling me it didn't happen the way a Journolister said it would?

Seriously, I saw the score towards the end of the 4th and actually turned on this game...first of the year for me. 

::cool::

And what drives the leftist garbage totally bonkers...Tebow walks the walk. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:57:48 AM »
When they were up 7-6 I thought for sure John Fox would put his defense in Prevent and try to sit on that big 1 point lead. That was his MO in Carolina anyway.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
3:13  ::thinking::  yards.  Not a bad performance.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
Actually it was 316 yards.

Not just that but 31.6 yards per pass average.

(as in John 3:16)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »
Actually it was 316 yards.

Not just that but 31.6 yards per pass average.

(as in John 3:16)

You know, I came here earlier to post exactly that, based on the headline and story at theblaze... But when I went to the nfl.com website they had linked, it was 316 passing yards, 15 yds/pass average. I'm not sure where they're coming up with that 31.6 yards/pass average. Am I looking at the wrong stat, or did they mess up?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
IDP, I think he had 10 completions which would make the average/complerion 31.6
Not average/pass

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »
IDP, I think he had 10 completions which would make the average/complerion 31.6
Not average/pass

Ah, yes, of course...

10/21 passing attempts, 316 yards, 15 yards average/pass, 31.6 yards average/completion.

That stat will only add to the Christophobic hate-mongering mania surrounding this young man.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
What a thing to miskey...  ::unknowncomic::

No, I'm not a leftist so I won't try to sneak in a correction.  I'll take my medicine like a man.   ::rockets::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 03:54:14 PM »
Yeah, that was per completion. My mistake.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
In all sincerity, I don't believe God cares who wins a football game. I do believe God cares how you conduct your life....and that includes on your job. Tim Tebow, from what I can tell, is a good example in the workplace...His workplace happens to be viewed by millions each week.

All the naysayers can whine all they want......What this 2nd year pro does as well as anybody is instill confidence. He isn't the best QB, isn't the best player but he IS a leader and people follow leaders. People give maximum effort for leaders.
Too bad our lilly livered politicans can't understand what the American people will follow....if they lead.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »
In all sincerity, I don't believe God cares who wins a football game. I do believe God cares how you conduct your life....and that includes on your job. Tim Tebow, from what I can tell, is a good example in the workplace...His workplace happens to be viewed by millions each week.

All the naysayers can whine all they want......What this 2nd year pro does as well as anybody is instill confidence. He isn't the best QB, isn't the best player but he IS a leader and people follow leaders. People give maximum effort for leaders.
Too bad our lilly livered politicans can't understand what the American people will follow....if they lead.

::thumbsup::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:25 AM »
I heard the game also earned a 31.6 share for the telecast.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Why the Left hates Tebow
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »
...Because evil always wails and gnashes its teeth in the face of good.

Tim Tebow after the steelers game

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
I heard the game also earned a 31.6 share for the telecast.

...And the Steelers time of possession? 31 minutes, 6 seconds.

Do we think someone is trying to say something here?

316 yards. 31.6 yards/completion. 31.6 market share. 31:06 ToP.

It bears repeating:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

- Thomas Jefferson