Author Topic: Again, Tebow  (Read 4243 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Again, Tebow
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »
The Christophobes have only begun to go nuts.  I wouldn't mind seeing Denver keep knocking teams off...some of the haters might actually be close to keeling over.

That's a win-win my book.

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »
I heard the game also earned a 31.6 share for the telecast.

...And the Steelers time of possession? 31 minutes, 6 seconds.

Do we think someone is trying to say something here?

316 yards. 31.6 yards/completion. 31.6 market share. 31:06 ToP.

It bears repeating:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I'm wondering what Terrell Suggs - "We don't need God on our sidelines" -  is thinking today.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
I'm wondering what Terrell Suggs - "We don't need God on our sidelines" -  is thinking today.

He's thinking that people making something out of a set of statistical coincidences are stupid and superstitious.

...or...

He's thinking, WTF? How can this be?

I never discount the ability of Jesus Christ to get someone's attention in some pretty fantastic ways. But I also don't count on people acknowledging what seems apparent when it comes to God.

I don't know whether God has a hand in this or not. But I acknowledge that He is God, and He can do anything. Why not this?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
I heard the game also earned a 31.6 share for the telecast.

...And the Steelers time of possession? 31 minutes, 6 seconds.

Do we think someone is trying to say something here?

316 yards. 31.6 yards/completion. 31.6 market share. 31:06 ToP.

It bears repeating:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I'm wondering what Terrell Suggs - "We don't need God on our sidelines" -  is thinking today.
[/quote

Terrell suggs was tebowed........ And Suggs might not believe they need god on the sidelines, but that team sure needs more speed in their defensive secondary.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 03:51:40 PM »
I'm wondering what Terrell Suggs - "We don't need God on our sidelines" -  is thinking today.

He's thinking that people making something out of a set of statistical coincidences are stupid and superstitious.

...or...

He's thinking, WTF? How can this be?

I never discount the ability of Jesus Christ to get someone's attention in some pretty fantastic ways. But I also don't count on people acknowledging what seems apparent when it comes to God.

I don't know whether God has a hand in this or not. But I acknowledge that He is God, and He can do anything. Why not this?

I don't care what Terrell is thinking. I'm thinking that telephone is ringing real loud
and there's a big Messenger calling.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »
I happen to be estactic in the success that has found Tim Tebow. To me it is refreshing to see a young man so on fire for the Lord. However, each Born Again Christian, express his/her faith differently on or off the field. For instance, Arron Rodgers who is a Born Again Believer says; “I like the saying from St. Francis of Assisi, ‘Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words.’ I try to live my life in a way that reflects my faith in the Lord,” Rodgers says. “I don’t like to get in peoples’ faces. The best way for me is: Let your actions talk about your beliefs, start a relationship with others, then finally there is a chance for questions.”

Drew Brees another Born Again Believer has his own way of expressing his faith. One way is through his the Lords Drew Brees foundation.
Saints QB Drew Brees talks about Jesus

Troy Polamalu expresses his Born Again Beliefs in other ways.
The Christian Faith of Troy Polamalu - CBN.com

When I post I try to bring the Lord and/or my Messianic (Christian) Beliefs into the conversation whenever possible. And realize to some that may be very annoying. But the Bible says in 2 Timothy 4:2: “To proclaim the message. Be ready to do this whether or not the time is convenient. Refute, warn, and encourage with the utmost patience when you teach.”

To Praise and worship our God and to win others though the power of the Holy Spirit to a life saving relationship with the Lord Jesus is what we Believers play the game of life for.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
Amen! ::praying::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 08:50:35 PM »
Good post Magnum. The videos highlight what I've been saying in every conversation I've had for the past several weeks about Tim Tebow and the vitriol against him. NFL players and sports figures in general have been overtly demonstrating and proclaiming their faith in Jesus Christ since I can remember. It is nothing new, and has never been a subject worthy of public derision or attempts to ridicule or tear down the individuals.

So why Tim Tebow? He is no more overt in his faith than the players that spring into my mind without even thinking... (Reggie White, Cris Carter, Tony Dungee....)

Boxers kneel in their corner and do the sign of the cross. Players kiss their various Catholic medallions. Teams bow their heads and pray before a game. Team captains and coaches lead those prayers. And players and coaches since I can remember have given glory to God, and praise to Jesus Christ.

Entertainers who peddle sin throw the name of God around casually and without meaning. The Left does not wail and gnash its teeth at them. Madonna can thank God, but Tim Tebow cannot?

I think the Left has singled out Tebow because he walks the walk, and believes the Word. He is a good young man, and it is obvious that his upright behavior is a result of his faith in Jesus. But the skinny on him is that he does not possess the skills to play in the NFL, and so they see an eventual target. They ridicule his faith, and wait on pins and needles for his inevitable fall from grace in the NFL. Even though he walks with no pride, no braggadocio, in utmost humility - even though he gives all credit to Jesus and his teammates and coaches, and never assumes any credit for himself - the media ridicules his faith so that when the day comes that he does not perform, they can say that Jesus let him down.

Like Bill Maher said when the Bronco's winning streak ended, "Jesus really f...ed Tebow." That's what they desire, and that's what they are working for with their hatred now. They want to make a big deal out of Tebow's faith through ridicule, so that when he loses, they can say Jesus let him down.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline michelleo

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
And now Charles Barkley says, "The national nightmare continues."  He really should by psychoanalyzed.  How is winning a great game and having millions celebrating the win a "national nightmare"?!  Is this really what a sports figure should be calling a nightmare?  Celebrations of sports victories? 

I think the American people are exruciatingly desperate for a hero, and that is why Tim Tebow is as popular as he is.  The left must destroy heroism in order to successfully destroy our American culture.  It must also destroy the Judeo-Christian faith.  That is why they really, really must destroy Tim Tebow and end the "national nightmare."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gAIQWzW1MIc#!

John Parr – the British musician behind the Grammy-nominated hit "St. Elmo's Fire"
 – reworked the song from the Demi Moore film as a tribute to the Denver Broncos quarterback.