Author Topic: "You get OUT of my store, right now... in the name of Jesus!"  (Read 1401 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "You get OUT of my store, right now... in the name of Jesus!"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:36 AM »
 ::speechless::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm glad her faith was rewarded. In the face of her great faith, it feels like a lack of faith for me to say that she's damn lucky that the guy didn't decide to shoot her.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »
I'm glad her faith was rewarded. In the face of her great faith, it feels like a lack of faith for me to say that she's damn lucky that the guy didn't decide to shoot her.

Or blessed.  What are the chances the one thief in Texas who believes in the power of Christ chooses her store to rob?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »

Or blessed.  What are the chances the one thief in Texas who believes in the power of Christ chooses her store to rob?

Blessed doesn't begin to explain what just happened.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie