Author Topic: “There Was No Racism in That Picture”  (Read 1273 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
“There Was No Racism in That Picture”
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »

Last week the Los Angeles Times attacked Gateway Pundit for reposting a picture of Michelle Obama as a brazen queen picking her next upscale vacation getaway.

John Nolte at Big Journalism called out the LA Times for projecting their own racism on this blog, Gateway Pundit. Nolte noted that the LA Times used the term “uppity negro” in their report on the First Lady.

Today Rush Limbaugh defended this blog from the bogus attacks by the LA Times.
From the Rush Limbaugh website:

And, in an demonstration of the broken clock theory ....

So did Bill O'Reilly.

How's this for a headline:  "LA Times Reads Minds".

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: “There Was No Racism in That Picture”
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Hoft got himself some big-time attention with this one! The cries of racism were predictable, and the defense against the cries is an extremely simple point to make. Here's another...

When is Something Racist? When the Left Says It Is

<snip>

...The charge that conservatives are racist by definition and without exception has long been a demonizing strategy of the left, a weapon with which to shut down reasoned debate and divert attention from the racism of the left’s own policies and proponents. This strategy has intensified, of course, now that the left has a black President in office (although, inconveniently for them, he is only half-black, which theoretically should make the right only half-racist, or perhaps racist only half the time; it’s not quite clear how that works). Anything the left disagrees with is racism, and anything it agrees with cannot possibly be racist. Therefore the Tea Party is racist, though there is zero evidence for that, but the Occupy movement is not racist, despite its lily-white racial makeup.

Just as all legitimate criticism of Islam today is shouted down by the left as Islamophobia, so must all legitimate criticism of the black Obamas – or of any prominent black figure – be dismissed as racism. Think that Lowe’s home improvement store has the right not to sink its advertising dollars into a TV show about Muslims which no one is watching? Then you’re Islamophobic. Think that the anti-American rants of Obama’s spiritual mentor Rev. Wright are repulsive? You’re racist. Think that Obama’s former green czar Van Jones is a radical Communist opportunist? You’re racist. Think that Attorney General Eric Holder’s refusal to prosecute Black Panthers? for voter intimidation is racist? You’re racist. Think that President Obama’s embrace of the Islamists who openly seek our destruction is dangerous? You’re racist and Islamophobic.

The L.A. Times’ Christopher Knight is correct about two things: one, the internet can indeed be “an avenue for the broad dissemination of propaganda.” That propaganda often takes the form of relentless false accusations of racism against conservatives and finds its way into such leftist mouthpieces as the Los Angeles Times. And two, such propaganda is indeed disgusting.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
Race-baiters and their legion of multi-culti/pc/diversity zombies are the real racists, we all know that, and more important they know it too...it is why their accusations, lies, distortions and dissembling is so diabolically evil.  They are possessed with raw undiluted evil, which is why they can do the vile things they do.  When you have no soul or conscience, anything can be said, anything can be done...and the lack of any semblance of a moral compass means that "anything" is usually going to be morally reprehensible and disgusting.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:09:59 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »
"I love my people!"

"PULL!!!"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »
"I love my people!"

"PULL!!!"

A coffee on the keyboard moment. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:43:51 AM »
Gotta keep a good sense of humor, especially in these pre-revolutionary times, else I may go bonkers and never make it to the Grand Finale!