Author Topic: Arrest Record "Discredits" James O'Keefe  (Read 1003 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Arrest Record "Discredits" James O'Keefe
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »
From Media Matters:

The many-times discredited activist is back with yet another "sting" video, this one of NPR executive Ron Schiller speaking with what he believes to be perspective donors from a Muslim education group (in reality, O'Keefe's operatives merely pretending to be scary Muslims). According to a press release from O'Keefe's group, the unironically named Project Veritas, the video shows Schiller 'blasting Republicans, Tea Partiers, middle America, Jews, and Christians,' and 'expose the true hearts and minds of NPR and their executives.'"

Dan Riehl at Big Govermnent takes George Soros to task:

Dear Media Matters:

I just wanted to point out to you that the individual you allege is a “discredited activist,” James O’Keefe,  has launched efforts that have led to ACORN losing financial support from taxpayers via Congress and ACORN was then forced into a re-organization, likely rendering them less effective. Additionally, NJ Governor Christie used a video from O’Keefe’s Project Veritas in his battle with the teachers union in New Jersey.
And now at least two senior NPR executives have lost their jobs, one actually lost two, given that Ronald Schiller is no longer going to work for the Aspen Institute – as a direct result of O’Keefe’s work. Oh, and by the way, NPR is now on the verge of losing its public funding.

Meanwhile, for all of uncle Georgie Soros’ money and Podesta’s political genuis, you have accomplished what, exactly, since you came to be? Oh, that’s right, … nothing really. Last time I looked, Fox, Rush, Levin, Hannity, Beck et al are all still on the air and going stronger than ever. So is the Tea Party movement, in point of fact. Also, a generally Conservative tide seems to be continuing to rise in America, as well as in Congress.

http://biggovernment.com/author/driehl/

Then, there was the awful ABC interview with George Stepponopolous grilling James O'Keefe about his arrest record and he pled guilty to a crime. George had no interest in talking abouit the take down of the NPR execs, he just wanted to hammer O'Keefe because he pled guilty to a crime. BFD. A misdemeanor.
http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/2010/06/01/abcs-george-stephanopoulos-a-profile-in-media-courage/
Hey! Know who else was a crusader for justice and spent time in prison for his activities? I'll give you a hint. We just celebrated his birthday with a FEDERAL FREAKIN HOLIDAY:

He was arrested in 1955 during the Montgomery Bus Boycott, along with 155 others, for "hindering a bus" and served two weeks in jail. In 1956, Alabama buses were ordered desegregated.

He was arrested in Albany County, Georgia, on December 16, 1961 as part of mass arrests for civil disobedience, and again when he returned in July, 1962. He was convicted and sentenced to jail. But officials secretly paid his fine and he was released.

He was jailed from April 12 to April 20, 1963 after a protest march in Birmingham, AL after such demonstrations had been prohibited by a court injunction. He famously wrote his "Letter from Birmingham Jail", which dealt with the need to bring social change by forcing society to confront situations that were legally or morally unjust.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_was_Dr_Martin_Luther_King_Jr_arrested#ixzz1GC5XPjE2

I JUST LOVE THE SMELL OF HYPOCRISY IN THE MORNING. KMA GEORGE! KMA the other GEORGE!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:25:13 AM by BigAlSouth »
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Arrest Record "Discredits" James O'Keefe
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:22:13 AM »
What about the arrest record of Stymie's friend Bill Ayers ?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:47:38 AM »
You know, Media Matters matters so little anymore, I just can't get excited about anything they attempt to do.  Attempt being the key word.  About the only thing MM accomplishes is the ability to point out the retard in the room, by noticing who quotes MM as a source.

coughcharlesjohnsoncough

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
Heh.  Comments are a hoot!

I like this one -

"Here's to the hope James O'Keefe will turn up incognito in the Hawaii Dept of Records."

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
Wow...Liberals never tire of attacking the messenger when they cannot refute the message..... What a miserable life they must lead.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.