Author Topic: Petroleum companies fined for failing to use a biofuel that does not exist  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Unbelievable Believable.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2012/01/genius-companies-being-fined-by-epa-for.html

When the companies that supply motor fuel close the books on 2011, they will pay about $6.8 million in penalties to the Treasury because they failed to mix a special type of biofuel into their gasoline and diesel as required by law.

But there was none to be had. Outside a handful of laboratories and workshops, the ingredient, cellulosic biofuel, does not exist.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Forgive me, but [redacted because Holy Spirit admonished me not to take the Lord's name in vain].

::bashing::
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:40:04 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Comrade,

Welcome to Ameritopia.

If they can do it to them they can do it to you...except to pay the fine it will
necessitate forfeiture of all your worldly possessions.  By having no possessions
you are deemed unable to sustain yourself and are thereby sent to work camp
where may contribute to society and your needs will be provided for.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Why not shoot them for crimes they might commit in the future.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
  Why not shoot them for crimes they might commit in the future.

It's only a matter of time bef ---- well, hell, they're already doing it to us; WTF is the purpose of the TSA other than to treat us all as pre-criminals.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

It's the new normal.
                               You are a subject of the state.
                                                                             Disagree and you are disagreeable.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Yes.  I am disagreeable.  Gotta problem widdat?  Then, look down there ....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

You did read 'bout those training camps for people with special needs?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I heard about this on the radio on the way home yesterday afternoon.

As is often the case, I feel the desire to end the insanity by placing hands around the proper throat.

This is one of those things that leave me mystified beyond belief as to why companies put up with this sh*t?!

I know the short answer "Cheaper than going to court"!  Problem is, these companies better start realizing how much this is going to cost them in the long run, because once these bastards get their hooks into you, you think they're gonna let up and not pile more on?!  Surely, the people running these companies cannot be that naive!  They also may think a new (friendly) regime will come into power and get rid of this.  Uhh huh, like they repeal regulation, taxation and fees once imposed?

They ought to be fighting this crap by every means possible - court, advertising, outright refusal and rebellion, marketing campaigns, PR stunts, the works!

But they just bend over and take it like sheep!

Drives...me...freaking...insane!!!

::gaah::   ::outrage::   ::cussing::   ::angry::

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Gee, and there is wonder in the land about why CEOs did not show up for Duh Wun's photo op.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Petroleum companies fined for failing to use a biofuel that does not exist
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:13 AM »
Gee, and there is wonder in the land about why CEOs did not show up for Duh Wun's photo op.

Well, obviously, it's because they're racist.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 11:20:08 AM »

Well, obviously, it's because they're racist.

Here's to more of 'em!

::beertoast::

;D

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
The companies won't fight it, they will just raise the price of gas to account for whatever penalty they will have to pay and pass the cost on to the consumer.  obama wins cause the price of gas just goes up further, he can blame that rise on the greedy corporations and further impress on the sheeple that gasoline is bad and we all have to buy Chevy Volts (now made in China).  As you can see it is a win-win for him.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
The companies won't fight it, they will just raise the price of gas to account for whatever penalty they will have to pay and pass the cost on to the consumer.  obama wins cause the price of gas just goes up further, he can blame that rise on the greedy corporations and further impress on the sheeple that gasoline is bad and we all have to buy Chevy Volts (now made in China).  As you can see it is a win-win for him.

That about sums it up.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 01:03:23 PM »
Not sure this is a true story as I can't find any links to back it up. Anyone else may have some legitimate links?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
Not sure this is a true story as I can't find any links to back it up. Anyone else may have some legitimate links?

There's a link to the NY Times in the original post:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/business/energy-environment/companies-face-fines-for-not-using-unavailable-biofuel.html?_r=2

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/business/energy-environment/companies-face-fines-for-not-using-unavailable-biofuel.html?_r=2

i read that article but didn't see much backup for that writers remarks, one way or the other. I googled that phrase and didn't find anyother independent articles either. Just found links to this one article. You would think that there would be more independent writing on this topic.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

i read that article but didn't see much backup for that writers remarks, one way or the other. I googled that phrase and didn't find anyother independent articles either. Just found links to this one article. You would think that there would be more independent writing on this topic.

There's a PDF-link in this paragraph >>

In fact, while it may seem harsh that the Environmental Protection Agency is penalizing them for failing to do the impossible, the agency is being lenient by the standards of the law, the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act.

I avoid PDFs, so I didn't check; did you look there?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
EPA in Wonderland
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 11:52:36 AM »
The Environmental Protection Agency has slapped a $6.8 million penalty on oil refiners for not blending cellulosic ethanol into gasoline, jet fuel, and other products. These dastardly petroleum-mongers are being so intransigent because cellulosic ethanol does not exist. It remains a fantasy fuel. EPA might as well mandate that Exxon hire leprechauns.

As the nearby screen shot of EPA’s relevant website confirms, so far this year — as in 2011 — the supply of cellulosic biofuel in gallons totals zero.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/309297/epa-wonderland-deroy-murdock

::bashing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: EPA in Wonderland
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Didn't we have a thread on this faery tale already?

Oil Co's need to take these statist pukes to court...in the meantime telling them to eff off is duly called for.