Author Topic: Wasserman-Schtz blames Tea Party for Tucson shooting - still  (Read 715 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Wasserman-Schtz blames Tea Party for Tucson shooting - still
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
The Examiner reported, via Free Republic via Gateway Pundit:

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., speaking in New Hampshire this morning, reminded her audience of the tragic Tucson shooting last year — and also insinuated that the Tea Party, which she said regards political opponents as “the enemy,” has enhanced divisiveness in Congress and had something to do with the shooting, at least indirectly.

“We need to make sure that we tone things down, particularly in light of the Tucson tragedy from a year ago, where my very good friend, Gabby Giffords — who is doing really well, by the way, — [was shot],” Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee chair said during a “Politics and Eggs” forum this morning. “The discourse in America, the discourse in Congress in particular . . . has really changed, I’ll tell you. I hesitate to place blame, but I have noticed it take a very precipitous turn towards edginess and lack of civility with the growth of the Tea Party movement.”

Having brought up the Giffords attack as a political cudgel, Wasserman Schultz doubled down on that attack. “You had town hall meetings that they tried to take over, and you saw some their conduct at those tea party meetings,” Wasserman Schultz said today. “When they come and disagree with you, you’re not just wrong, you’re the enemy.”

Warming to that theme, she added that “when they disagree with you on an issue, you’re not just wrong, you’re a liar.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline michelleo

Re: Wasserman-Schtz blames Tea Party for Tucson shooting - still
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
You're not just wrong and a liar, babe.  You're competing with Nancy Pelosi for Queen Biotch of the Universe.
And yes, you're the enemy.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »
I think she needs to go back on her phyc meds. ::rockethrow::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
I think she needs to OCCUPY UNEMPLOYMENT. What a douch bag.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
“When they come and disagree with you, you’re not just wrong, you’re the enemy.”

With friends like these...

Seriously, you habitually make false accusations, violate our rights and then think we shouldn't consider you an enemy?
Democrats are outright traitors and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM, should be tried and executed for treason.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 08:41:16 PM »
She defines, "stuck on stupid."
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
She really is like Baghdad Bob. She says what is demonstrably untrue almost every time she approaches a microphone. The DNC chair position has become the Democrat Party Ministry of Propaganda.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 03:55:35 AM »
Typical . She accuses the Tea Party of the very thing she's guilty of ... spreading hate , distrust and fear .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
She is the type of malignant tumor that needs to be destroyed.  Once rid of these self-appointed proglodyte thought-policing mouth-gaggers, freedom and liberty will be restored across the land.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Somewhere an egg salad is missing its mayonnaise....
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 10:08:58 AM »
She really is like Baghdad Bob. She says what is demonstrably untrue almost every time she approaches a microphone. The DNC chair position has become the Democrat Party Ministry of Propaganda.

Quite demonstrably untrue.  It's already been widely shown that Loughner was not in any way influenced by the TEA Party -- or Sarah Palin, but she's not going to let facts get in the way of the narrative.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »
And that has to be the most frustrating aspect of the sheer UNreality under which we live.  When truth and facts are no defense, when an argument continues to be promulgated daily as "expert consensus" despite being disproved, it becomes maddening.

I can only take solace in the knowledge that, at some point, this will run headlong into objective, external reality. The trouble is all the damage they can do and are doing in the meantime.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly