Author Topic: No Denver Miracle This Time, I'm Afraid  (Read 1036 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
No Denver Miracle This Time, I'm Afraid
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:21:19 PM »
I had absolutely zero illusions about how the Denver/New England matchup was going to turn out and it appears my thoughts have been borne out.

With less than half of the third quarter finished the Patriots have an overwhelming command of the game. As I write this the score is now 7 to 42 for New England. Denver's strategy of trying to tire Tom Brady by letting him throw passes at will seems to be not working. Denver's defense is just not up to the task of pressuring Brady and their offensive line can't protect Tebow.

Basically it comes down to this: When good team plays great team the great team usually wins. And wins big.

It was fun while it lasted. Thank you, Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos for the 2011 season. It was one to remember.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: No Denver Miracle This Time, I'm Afraid
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:01 AM »
Well said Trap, Denver has nothing to be down about.  In a season where they were looking like they were more interested in running out the string and see what they had to work with in Tebow, Tebow gave them something to get excited about.  Well done Broncos.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.