Author Topic: Ann Coulter Blasts WI Gov Scott Walker & WI GOP (video)  (Read 978 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Ann Coulter Blasts WI Gov Scott Walker & WI GOP (video)
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
Guests, feel free to register & join the discussion!

And deservedly so, as I've been saying since it became apparent that they were not going to play hardball. Once again, the "gentlemen" of the GOP miscalculate.

Ann Coulter Turns Her Back On WI Republicans For Losing Media War In Union Debate (video @ mediaite)
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ann Coulter Blasts WI Gov Scott Walker & WI GOP (video)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
Caught her on Hannity.  Can't say I disagree with her.  But we are here, now.  Gotta deal with that.  Gotta regain control of the situation and re-frame the debate upon constitutional grounds and cold hard reality and do what needs to be done.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
  I would hate to live with her!!Behind the smile is a Cobra. But she does he job!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »
This piece is written to create and exploit a rift between conservatives/Republicans.
Annie is right and she is wrong. Big whup. She isn't saying anything I haven't - she just a bit more strident than I tend to be  ;D

I agree with her that the prank phone call was beyond an embarrassment - it damaged Walker's credibility. And yes I will say unequivocally that I would never have been taken in by such shenanigans.

All told I take her at her word - her criticisms were offered as "tough love" and not meant to rip them apart.