Author Topic: Governor Walker. Hang this debacle around Obama’s neck.  (Read 6025 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Governor Walker. Hang this debacle around Obama’s neck.
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Imagine for a moment an alternate universe, where a Democrat governor and Democrat state legislature have their state capitol besieged by violent Tea Party protesters (Like I said, alternate universe). Imagine that those protesters agitating for a conservative agenda rushed police trying to secure the capitol; smashed windows; broke doors off hinges; locked other doors from the inside with handcuffs; threatened to disallow legislators into the capitol to do the people’s business; and even sent violent death threats to those Democrat lawmakers. Imagine it.

Imagine that in that alternate universe, the President of the United States openly stood in solidarity with those violent protesters, calling the efforts of that Democrat governor an “attack” on the Tea Party, and commanding his labor secretary to get involved. Imagine that Republican President’s campaign arm mobilizing to bus in those Tea Partiers from all across the country to join in their siege of the state capitol against those Democrats. Imagine it.

Does anyone doubt for a moment that in that alternate universe, a concerted, effective, and accurate effort would not be made by those Democrats to hang the debacle unfolding around the neck of the Republican President? Anyone?

At the very moment that the Wisconsin Democrat senators chose to flee to Illinois rather than do their duty as public servants, Governor Scott Walker had the initiative. It appeared at the outset that he was ready to do what was necessary to not only emerge from the situation with a righteous victory, but to maintain the initiative and public support throughout. But he miscalculated. Gravely.

He refused to play hardball, even though all indications were that the organized effort against him was mobilizing out of his control. He should have known that the Democrats fleeing was simply a stalling tactic to allow the Left to mobilize its demagoguery machine, and he should have known that a Leftist media would be working with the unions against him to shape public opinion.

Walker had choices to make the moment the Democrats fled, and he made many wrong choices. He should have seen what was happening, and immediately pushed the legislature to schedule votes on the entire laundry list of conservative items. Concealed Carry, Voter ID, and Right to Work should have all been advanced. Then he should have rightfully come to the conclusion that was reached yesterday – that the collective bargaining measures in the budget bill needed to be separated out and voted on.

And last but not least, the moment the unions mobilized to swarm the capitol, Scott Walker should have begun a strategy of imploring the President of the United States to call off his union thugs, and stand in solidarity with the democratic process.

But he did none of those things. To his credit, he held the line. But he continued to hope that Democrats and union members would behave like rational human beings. Wasted time. He could have spent that time advancing the peoples’ agenda, and hanging this debacle around the neck of Barack Hussein Obama, the Community Agitator-in-Chief. Now here we are a full three weeks later. The Wisconsin capitol is in disarray, and Republican legislators are being threatened with their very lives. Walker and the Wisconsin GOP will get their way, but at a very high price that never needed to be paid.

This Republican proclivity of always seeking to stand on genteel ground while they are dealing with the Devil has simply GOT to be overcome if this republic is to survive the malevolent intentions of the Left. The GOP can win elections, but it has no political killer instinct when it comes to governing. It has been demonstrated time, and time, and time again that when Republicans assume that Democrats are gentlemen (and ladies) who will respond rationally to Republican overtures and assumptions of best intentions, Republicans – and the American people – are overrun by a Left willing to do anything in service of their agenda.

One of the first things Scott Walker should have done was to understand that when Barack Hussein Obama inserted himself into the situation with commentary, his bureaucracy, and his campaign machine, the President became fair game. Obama provided himself as a perfect tool for Scott Walker, and Walker failed to see it.

Governor Walker, you’ve squandered the initiative for the people of Wisconsin, and I daresay, for the people of the United States. But it’s still not too late to drag the President of the United States into the situation for your benefit. It’s not too late to turn this situation against Obama. Hang the illegal and unethical actions of his union thug supporters around his neck, now. Your state capitol is in disarray, as I type – in lockdown. Call on the President to ask his union thug supporters to back off, go home, and behave like decent human beings in accordance with the will of the people as expressed through the democratic process last November. All it takes is a little imagination to see that if the show was on the other foot, the Democrats would be doing exactly as I propose, to their benefit.

And here’s the bonus governor: You know he won’t do it no matter how much you implore, so the GOP can hold him accountable to the standard you set by asking. (That's an Alinsky tactic, by the way)

HT: Roy Rogers for the idea.

Crossposted at RedState.com
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re: Governor Walker. Hang this debacle around Obama’s neck.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Get some IDP!!!

OOORAH!!!
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
Simply out-fricken-standing IDP!

And H/T to Roy for planting the seed!

::USA::

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
How did we get here?

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
Great read, IDP and great video, Roy. What I wonder is those dipsticks were talking about a revolution. Wonder how that'll work when their unarmed because they're scared of guns? ::hammer::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
Great read, IDP and great video, Roy. What I wonder is those dipsticks were talking about a revolution. Wonder how that'll work when their unarmed because they're scared of guns? ::hammer::

It will involve alot of circle jerks, and Tom Tom banging!

::cool::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
Levin's actually hanging this around Duh Wun's neck right now - in a limited way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

hemm

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 07:11:05 PM »
Great read indeed IDP............

And Levin.........I like listening to him as much as Rush..........

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »
How did we get here?

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Yeah, it started earlier though...with calling Reagan a dunce and a doddering old fool, then making fun of GHWB and then going off on W like rabid wolves.  And it got down right ugly with Palin.  Now they're just plain wide-open unhinged about anybody not a cookie-cutter leftist kook like themselves!!!

Freakin' animals!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 07:35:41 PM »

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Roy Rogers

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »

Gunny Friggin Appleseed!