Author Topic: Mike Judge Is A Prophet  (Read 1013 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Mike Judge Is A Prophet
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
So I'm watching "Idiocracy" on the IFC channel (a film by Mike Judge) and it gets to the part where President Camacho is addressing the House of Representin' and I'm thinking that this is as close to a prophecy as anything I have ever seen. This is O'Bongo...teleprompter and everything.

BTW...you can watch the entire movie here:

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Mike Judge Is A Prophet
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:31 PM »
Mike Church (XM Radio host out of N'Orlins) so often played the snippet about watering the plants instead of applying (rats! forget the substance - "but it has electrolytes!) - I finally had to see the damn movie.  Many days I suspect we're living it, I swear.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:07:04 PM »
I had seen this movie many years back and had forgotten how much the teleprompter reading President Camacho resembles the current placeholder at the White House.

The movie is a sign of things to come (or maybe we are already there) when you think about it.

We are in the worst imaginable situation in our country's history with the economy being destroyed, real serious bad war with a nuclear Iran and the loss of our freedoms. Our population is so incredibly dumbed down that the MFM is leading them around by the nose about how Santorum wants to deny everyone birth control.

And meanwhile we have two of the biggest idiots (or three if you count the SOAMF and FLOTUS and VPOTHUS) screwing around and spending money we don't have on sh*t we don't want or need for no good reason...and a Congress full of corrupt morons...it boggles the mind. Crap, the Veep's staff can't spell Rhode Island correctly and so on and so on...

I guess we are already there. We are totally boned.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
Oh yeah, the future of O'BongoCare is well illustrated, too. Refer to the above full film and go to 14:30

Doctor: [laughs] Right, kick ass. Well, don't want to sound like a dick or nothin', but, ah... it says on your chart that you're f**ked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your sh*t's all retarded. What I'd do, is just like... like... you know, like, you know what I mean, like...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:43:17 PM by trapeze »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
Perhaps we're seeing this all wrong. Here we are fighting this tooth & nail and miserable and then look at those guys in their blissful ignorance. See how happy they are? ("Go away...I'm 'baitin"!)  ::evil::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:08:23 AM »
Perhaps we're seeing this all wrong. Here we are fighting this tooth & nail and miserable and then look at those guys in their blissful ignorance. See how happy they are? ("Go away...I'm 'baitin"!)  ::evil::

Get Thee Behind Me Satan
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson