Author Topic: It's official...Obama to Canada...F**k off  (Read 3360 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: It's official...Obama to Canada...F**k off
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »
Technically, it's the State Department.  But they just do their boss' bidding, and if their boss says suck up to enemies, screw our friends, that's what they do...happily, as they're mostly leftist garbage anyway, and thereby are enemies of how this country was founded.
...but where in the law does it say the Dept of State has the authority. If it's a treaty than the Senate has to ratify it.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
Technically, it's the State Department.  But they just do their boss' bidding, and if their boss says suck up to enemies, screw our friends, that's what they do...happily, as they're mostly leftist garbage anyway, and thereby are enemies of how this country was founded.
...but where in the law does it say the Dept of State has the authority. If it's a treaty than the Senate has to ratify it.

Exactly what I've been asking!  I've been told "because it crosses the border" and I say "Yeah, SO?!"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »

Acording to some yuts on Cavuto today the problem is that since it crosses a border it has to be approved by the State Dept and they haven't recieved a completed application with the route they want to take with the pipeline. If that's true.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
That's baloney!  It is precisely because the environazis have been bitching about the route that State is using it as an excuse.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
That's baloney!  It is precisely because the environazis have been bitching about the route that State is using it as an excuse.

I report you decide. ::USA::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

I know; I was crabbing about them, not at you.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 05:57:49 PM »
Didn't the Congress cede authority on this by giving the Sec State authority to approve/disapprove?  Once again our problems with the tyrannical Regime are compounded by jackasses who are supposedly on our team ceding a tyrant more power than they should be allowed.  Same argument with any fast-tracked authority.  It is all political buck passing, these Congresscritters are more interested in creating a situation where somebody else is made the bad guy and they think this somehow makes their poop smell like roses!  Same damn thing with debt limit authority from last August!  They gave Stymie veto power!  If Congress votes not to raise debt ceiling Stymie is allowed to veto that and as a result the limit can be raised BY HIMSELF!

And people think Repub's are going to save the Republic?!  The sumbiches are helping to destroy it!!!

::gaah::

ETA - Also, that blame game BS backfired, Obama said since the Repub's are demanding action now, the Regime doesn't have enough time to weigh the matter properly, so it's the Repub's fault for demanding a prompt decision!  No mention as to the Canadians wanting an answer, no challenge in the lapdog MFM that the Regime's excuse is flimsier than a wet noodle...so once again the Repub's got punked by the two-bit Chicago street thug!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »

I know; I was crabbing about them, not at you.

I know.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 06:17:29 PM »
Quote of the Day - Don't Confuse 'Em With Facts Edition

So let me get this right. The Canadian Oil is supposedly worse for the environment, so stopping this pipeline will help the planet.

So instead of moving the oil in a safe way and be processed in US refineries operating under EPA regulations, the oil will now be transported across the Canadian Rockies where it will be loaded onto giant tankers and shipped across the Pacific where it will be refined in Chinese operations that have far fewer, if any, regulations in place.

Please let me know how the Chinese alternative is better for the Earth. Because no matter what, this Canadian oil is going to be sold.

Paul Strasser

From Instapundit, who believes thwarting the pipeline is a sop to the greens, via Kevin Baker.

I do not believe this is mainly a sop to the greens; I believe it is Duh Wun fulfilling his promise to himself to break us.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 06:44:13 PM »

Store had chile without beans 4 for $5. 
Chile is filed under canned meat.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »

TransCanada May Shorten Keystone XL

TransCanada Corp. (TRP) may shorten the initial path for its rejected Keystone XL project, bringing oil from Montana’s Bakken Shale to refiners in the Gulf of Mexico and removing the need for federal approval.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
I like it, but...watch The Regime to come up with a new reason to nip this, Obama hates productive oil industry as much as anything...this bears monitoring!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »

Talk is, they build the connecting parts in the US and Canada portions first and
by the time those portions are completed Newt will be president and (insert pipe laying joke)
will allow the international portion to be completed.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »

Talk is, they build the connecting parts in the US and Canada portions first and
by the time those portions are completed Newt will be president and (insert pipe laying joke)

NICE one CO!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

I'd pay to see that happen. Can you imagine the look on Øbongo's stupid mug when he saw pipe heading for the border?!

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2012, 05:40:04 AM »
I thought the Republicans won a XL Pipeline concession from Obama in order to extend the Debt Ceiling?

WHAT HAPPENED?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 07:43:37 AM »
We Won that he would consider it. He considered it, and nixed it. We are so smart.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
We Won that he would consider it. He considered it, and nixed it. We are so smart.

That about covers it.   ::saywhat::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
I thought the Republicans won a XL Pipeline concession from Obama in order to extend the Debt Ceiling?

WHAT HAPPENED?

Yup. What they "won" was that in exchange for selling the futures of our posterity, Obama was required to make a decision within 60 days. He made the decision he was going to make all along anyway. The GOP somehow thought that forcing him to make the decision before the election would make him squirm. Fools.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »

That about covers it.   ::saywhat::

!
 Filippo Mazzie