Author Topic: Iowa: Soros and dirty tricks  (Read 566 times)

charlesoakwood

Iowa: Soros and dirty tricks
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
[blockquote]
 Fomer Obama staffer arrested in Iowa Secretary of State identity theft investigation.

...one Zach Edwards, formerly with the 2008 Obama campaign in Iowa and currently up until the arrest working for Link Strategies*, a company affiliated with Sen. Tom [fighter pilot Viet Nam] Harken (D, IA) – has been arrested for identity theft. ...Criminal Complaint, on June 24, 2011, Edwards fraudulently used, or attempted to use, the identity of Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz and/or Secretary Schultz’s brother, Thomas Schultz, with the intent to obtain a benefit, in an alleged scheme to falsely implicate Secretary Schultz in perceived illegal or unethical behavior while in office.” In other words: Edwards is accused of trying to pretend to be Schultz in order to get Schultz in trouble. The crime is listed as an ‘Aggravated Misdemeanor,’ but if convicted Edwards could face jail time.

Matt Schultz is a Republican, in case anybody needed to have that spelled out; he was one of the many, many people who helped kick George Soros’ Secretary of State Project in the teeth in 2010.  
Barack Obama’s 2008 Iowa New Media Director was arrested...
Jeff Link [Edwards employer], the founder of Link Strategies, ran the Gore-Lieberman presidential campaign in Iowa in 2000. He managed Tom Harkin’s 2002 and 2008 reelection campaigns. Link also served as a media consultant for Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign.
[/blockquote]

Is this a ray  of sunny hope or is the Obama/Soros/Ayers house of cards beginning to crumble?  Who knows?  The men at the top know because it can play either way.  The outcome depends on who is the smartest and toughest bunch.  

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Iowa: Soros and dirty tricks
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
A bit confused; is Jeff Link implicated in Edwards' attempted crime?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

Not yet.  He being a top dog Democrat operator he will be one of the last
in the group to be thrown under the bus. 

Having ran the Gore-Lieberman presidential campaign in Iowa in 2000, managing Tom Harkin’s 2002 and 2008 reelection campaigns, and serving as a media consultant for Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign is implication enough for some folks.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:51 AM »
From Red State, linked in the thread:

But what is surprising is this passage from the Iowa Republican (the first link above):

Interestingly, on June 24, the same day as Zach Edwards alleged crime, Under the Golden Dome, a blog connected to Iowa Democrats, launched a three-part series of articles critical of Matt Schultz. They were based on documents obtained through an open records request from “a tipster.” The blog alleged that a batch of emails from Schultz’s office “raise some serious questions about his ability to remain independent and ensure election integrity”.

I'm guessing that the "documents" (emails) were actually written by Zach Edwards posing as Matt Schultz. The idea was to create doubt about the ethics of Matt Shultz shortly before the election.

But it was just a misdemeanor!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
Until some serious jail time and fines get levied against these criminals our elections will always carry a deep taint.  I hope this is the beginning of the end for their kind, but I am skeptical, and it may be too little too late, but I'll take what I can get while I can still get it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.