Author Topic: Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing  (Read 3544 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
ATLANTA (AP) — A judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and can't be president.

The hearing is set for Thursday before an administrative judge. Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi on Friday denied a motion by the president's lawyer to quash a subpoena that requires Obama to show up.

H/T Gateway Pundit

This is IN-teresting.  Anybody have a guess on how his legal-beagles will thwart this?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Ga. judge orders president to appear at hearing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »

They had to go to Seattle to report this story?  
Hey Soup, there's more than one decent person
in Washington.

You know, Drudge has an image of Fort Sumpter in the
headlines today.  Geez

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »

This is IN-teresting.  Anybody have a guess on how his legal-beagles will thwart this?

My guess is that they'll simply ignore the subpoena. If questioned, a White House lawyer will just state that Obama is not obligated to show up. The media will ridicule the suit and the subpoena, the GOP will make some statement about how birtherism is a distraction, Bill O'Reilly will chime in on how ridiculous it all is, and the subpoena and lawful order will go down the memory hole.

Question: If I were to be subpoenaed by a judge in Georgia and I simply refused to show up, how long would I be able to stand in the open daylight and avoid extradition?

The rule of law has been supplanted by the rule of oligarchs and tyrants.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:34:59 PM »

They had to go to Seattle to report this story? 
Hey Soup, there's more than one decent person
in Washington

You know, Drudge has an image of Fort Sumpter in the
headlines today.  Geez

Yea...my mom lives here too  ;D

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:30:50 AM »

Question: If I were to be subpoenaed by a judge in Georgia and I simply refused to show up, how long would I be able to stand in the open daylight and avoid extradition?

They'd have U.S. Marshals banging on your door over a frigging traffic ticket .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
ATLANTA (AP) — A judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn't a natural-born citizen and can't be president.

The hearing is set for Thursday before an administrative judge. Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi on Friday denied a motion by the president's lawyer to quash a subpoena that requires Obama to show up.

H/T Gateway Pundit

National security
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »
At best all they can hope for is a written deposition, either way, it will get stuffed down the memory hole.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »
Here we go -

An Obama campaign aide says any attempt to involve the president personally will fail and such complaints around the country have no merit.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/20/4203280/ga-judge-orders-president-to-appear.html#storylink=cpy

So ignoring a judge is it, eh?  Well, know a tyrant by his actions, so now we know, eh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Won't be the first judge he's ignored.

I hope the judge has the local sheriff issue an arrest warrant.  Wouldn't THAT be interesting.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
Won't be the first judge he's ignored.

I hope the judge has the local sheriff issue an arrest warrant.  Wouldn't THAT be interesting.

Good Lord, that would be good fun. Obama unable to set foot in the state of Georgia without a confrontation between Secret Service and the local Sheriff's Department demanding his arrest.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
  According to reports the judge said that he can't get on the ballad unless he appears??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 02:26:02 PM »
Both Duh Wun and his attorney blew off the hearing.  As expected.

Here is a link to a description of the proceedings, which took place nevertheless:

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/?p=4138

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
It occurs to me that there are several states in which Obama could allow court ruling against his eligibility to go unchallenged - that he could effectively be taken off the ballot - and the distribution of electoral votes would not be altered whatsoever. Georgia is one such state. Arizona is another. Texas. Oklahoma. You get the picture.

He could be off the ballot in over half the states in the nation, demagogue the hell out of "birther kooks" who won't put him on the ballot, and still win the presidency, although his mandate would be in question. But on the other hand, the American people being against him has never slowed him down before. And the civil unrest that would ensue would cause his soft hands to run together greedily.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 02:50:08 PM »
.... and the distribution of electoral votes would not be altered whatsoever.

How could it not, if he's not on the ballot?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »

Because states award their electoral votes to the candidate who wins the state. Some states are altering that now, but most still adhere to that. You win the state by 1% of the vote, you get 100% of the state's electoral votes.

He could be off the ballot in Georgia and he wouldn't get any more electoral votes than he would if he was on it.

ETA: ...assuming Georgia remains a "red" state, which I think is a safe bet.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »

Because states award their electoral votes to the candidate who wins the state. Some states are altering that now, but most still adhere to that. You win the state by 1% of the vote, you get 100% of the state's electoral votes.

He could be off the ballot in Georgia and he wouldn't get any more electoral votes than he would if he was on it.

ETA: ...assuming Georgia remains a "red" state, which I think is a safe bet.

Are you saying he probably wouldn't win Georgia anyway, so no loss?  Not trying to be dense, just need to be clear.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It would be extremely anomalous for Obama to win Georgia, or any number of traditionally Republican states that have gone to the GOP cycle after cycle. He could effectively let them go by the wayside, and write them off as the loss they are destined to be anyway - AND have the added benefit of demagoguing the hell out of "birthers" on the campaign trail.

The only way for the birth certificate thing to have any good outcome for conservatives and republicans (I no longer assume those are one and the same), it would have to be proven and accepted in the court of public opinion that he is, indeed, a fraudulent occupier of the presidency.

ETA: Think of it in reverse. Of what consequence would it have been to the outcome in 2000 or 2004 if George W. Bush had been ruled ineligible to be on the ballot in New York and California? A state like Georgia threatening to forbid Obama's name on the ballot is no threat whatsoever. And knowing how cynically he plays his cards, it could actually benefit him everywhere else.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:13:50 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
Got it, thanks.

The only way for the birth certificate thing to have any good outcome for conservatives and republicans (I no longer assume those are one and the same), it would have to be proven and accepted in the court of public opinion that he is, indeed, a fraudulent occupier of the presidency.

This suit is not about the legitimacy of his birth certificate, per se; it's about Minor vs. Happersett and the difference between native-born and natural-born regarding his eligibility.  Matter of fact, the last "birth certificate" was entered into evidence as proof his father was not an American citizen.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
Got it, thanks.

This suit is not about the legitimacy of his birth certificate, per se; it's about Minor vs. Happersett and the difference between native-born and natural-born regarding his eligibility.  Matter of fact, the last "birth certificate" was entered into evidence as proof his father was not an American citizen.

Right, I get all that. I used "the birth certificate thing" as a catch-all for the whole controversy surrounding his eligibility because of disputes over his and/or his father's citizenship status. My point above is that without a definitive conclusion to this issue that goes against Obama, he and his followers will continue to use it against his opponents, and that even getting thrown off the Georgia ballot would not force the issue to come to a definitive head. He could weather it, and continue to obfuscate and avoid the truth just as he has been doing.

For the record, I'm firmly in the doubter camp. I think he's either ineligible as hell, or he is implementing a strategy to create doubt so that he can turn the issue to his political advantage. Either way, he's a piece of sh*t.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
Count me in the doubter category as well.

This is relevant because, up until now, there wasn't any testimony regarding his eligibility under oath and "on the record". Now there is.

My bet is that todays reports from Georgia wiped the smug off his mug.