Author Topic: DeMint's political operation could rival the NRSC next cycle  (Read 2560 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
DeMint's political operation could rival the NRSC next cycle
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
Guests, feel free to register & join the discussion!

This is great news as far as I'm concerned. The establishment brought us to the brink of an existential disaster. It is still there and still a force to be reckoned with (a negative force in my opinion), but the rise of conservative alternatives to that establishment will weaken that establishment, and strengthen liberty.

Go Jim DeMint. You are one of a handful in DC worth his salt.

DeMint's political operation could rival the NRSC next cycle

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) is already building an aggressive campaign machine for the 2012 Senate elections, promising to push his party further to the right, despite angering many in the GOP establishment with his political activities last year.

DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund wants to rake in a staggering $15 million, which is nearly $6 million more than in 2010 when his political action committee raised more money than any other politician’s PAC.

DeMint is now renting a Capitol Hill townhouse for his political operation — just a few blocks from the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the official campaign arm for Senate Republicans. And unlike the NRSC, which plans to stay out of contested primaries, DeMint is prepared to be an active force, jumping into intraparty battles by pushing conservative candidates against moderate Republicans.

The buildup is the latest sign that DeMint has become the pre-eminent conservative political activist in the Senate, and he plans to push candidates whose ideological views align with his and the tea party movement’s — even if it sets up a major clash with the NRSC, which always looks for the most electable prospect...

Read more @ thepolitico...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:46:59 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: DeMint's political operation could rival the NRSC next cycle
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »
This is what leadership looks like.

You see the establishment "leadership" going over the cliff. You not only refuse to join them but you raise the alarm and when they keep going you start up your own organization to counter them.

And they call McCain a maverick.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
This is what leadership looks like.

You see the establishment "leadership" going over the cliff. You not only refuse to join them but you raise the alarm and when they keep going you start up your own organization to counter them.

And they call McCain a maverick.

Maverick FEH & MEH.  DeMint's the man!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
I like everything I am hearing, but choosing not to challenge Snowe if a better candidate could be had?   ::whatgives::  And laying off Lugar if he runs again?   ::whatgives::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »
And unlike the NRSC, which plans to stay out of contested primaries

Uhh, right. Someone should let Joe Miller and Christine O'Donnell and Sharron Angle know.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
I quit giving to establishment Republican organizations years ago when the border issue heated up and they refused to do anything about it. That was when they were still in power. McCain and and his boy sidekick Graham calling conservatives racists and xenophobes. Hubris.

Well, since then my contributions have gone only to specific candidates.

Now that DeMint is cranking this up I might have to start sending him money. I will think about it.

But the NRSC and the RNC can go pound sand.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
Go Jim Go

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 03:20:23 PM »
I quit giving to establishment Republican organizations years ago when the border issue heated up and they refused to do anything about it. That was when they were still in power. McCain and and his boy sidekick Graham calling conservatives racists and xenophobes. Hubris.

Now that DeMint is cranking this up I might have to start sending him money. I will think about it.

They called the other day asking again and again I told them to take me off the effing list.I'll give to the persons I see as fit.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »

They called the other day asking again and again I told them to take me off the effing list.I'll give to the persons I see as fit.

::thumbsup::

That's my approach.  I'll have to see who DeMint comes out for before I cut a check that direction.  But bottom line, I like going direct.  At least I know I did my homework!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »

::thumbsup::

That's my approach.  I'll have to see who DeMint comes out for before I cut a check that direction.  But bottom line, I like going direct.  At least I know I did my homework!

I'm still pissed over N.Y.23.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya.

No matter how much The Butthead and the rest of the Rovian stooges hope their betrayals go down the memory hole, many of us will not forget or forgive!

::angry::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »

Heck, you may only donate 5k to Jim. So, you just send him a check then go ahead send your favorites a check also. Double your money double your fun.