Author Topic: Am I Racist If I Don't See "Red Tails" ?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Am I Racist If I Don't See "Red Tails" ?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 01:40:18 AM »
It's a LucasFilm. No one will blame anyone for avoiding anything tainted by the involvement of George Lucas.

No doubt. How does one so thoroughly derail? I am an unabashed fan of Star Wars, so I do have to credit him for his vision that has in many ways become the touchstone of modern mythology. But damn did he ever lose his "mojo" or whatever you want to call it. It was in retrospect beginning to make itself apparent in Return of the Jedi, with the creeping in of cheesy juvenilizations like the Ewoks and burping creatures. The prequels brought us Jar Jar Binks, proof that Lucas had fallen to the Dark Side.

As for the Red Tails film....far be it from me to cast aspersions on anyone's wartime achievements but SH is right about this "never lost a bomber" mythology. Trouncing late-war German fighters, well most of these German pilots by then were lucky to have received more than 2 or 3 days of basic flight training. Let me know when Chuck Yeager has a $60 million film made about him.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Am I Racist If I Don't See "Red Tails" ?
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »
It's a LucasFilm. No one will blame anyone for avoiding anything tainted by the involvement of George Lucas.

No doubt. How does one so thoroughly derail? I am an unabashed fan of Star Wars, so I do have to credit him for his vision that has in many ways become the touchstone of modern mythology. But damn did he ever lose his "mojo" or whatever you want to call it. It was in retrospect beginning to make itself apparent in Return of the Jedi, with the creeping in of cheesy juvenilizations like the Ewoks and burping creatures. The prequels brought us Jar Jar Binks, proof that Lucas had fallen to the Dark Side.

As for the Red Tails film....far be it from me to cast aspersions on anyone's wartime achievements but SH is right about this "never lost a bomber" mythology. Trouncing late-war German fighters, well most of these German pilots by then were lucky to have received more than 2 or 3 days of basic flight training. Let me know when Chuck Yeager has a $60 million film made about him.

::thumbsup::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.