Author Topic: Yogi Berra Falls Down  (Read 1782 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Yogi Berra Falls Down
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »
Damn, I didn't even know he was still alive, let alone that he is actually on the field in the Yankees organization.

[blockquote]CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Yogi Berra was taken by ambulance from the Yankees' spring training game Thursday after tripping in the clubhouse. The 85-year-old Hall of Famer was in "good spirits" and the hospital visit was strictly a precaution, the team said.

General manager Brian Cashman said Berra caught one of his sneakers on the carpet and fell on his backside.
Cashman, manager Joe Girardi and executive Gene Michael were present as Berra left the Phillies' spring training home, where the Yankees played Philadelphia.

Paramedics in the clubhouse tended to Berra, a former catching great who is an instructor at spring training. Cashman said Berra was in "good spirits" and did not want to go to the hospital. The general manager added that Berra spoke to his wife, Carmen, before leaving.

"We're going to make sure it's going to be fine and is fine," Cashman said.[/blockquote]

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Yogi Berra Falls Down
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
I didn't know he was still this side either.  Hope he's okay.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Yogi Berra Falls Down
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »
Man, falling down at 48 is bad enough. (yes, I slipped on the ice this winter). Can't freakin' imagine it at 85.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson